NOS Alive! 2017

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Benjamin Booker in the tent on the 8th of July. How many names can we expect more to be announced? Idk how they announce the other stages names since we've only gotten palco & tent names (bc those r the biggest) so.. 

There's a dance stage with usually smaller names in the scene. Other stages consist mostly of Portuguese acts. So Palco NOS and Palco Heineken are the ones you should be looking out for. Hopped in somewhere for some Fado last year, but the rest of the time I only visited those two stages.

Edited by visdave34

On 16/03/2017 at 4:16 PM, Tremousse said:

Just listened Tiago Bettencourt for the first time and I love it !! Can we expect the crowd to sing loud his songs ? :) I don't speak portuguese at all, which songs are the most famous ? 

The most famous songs are "Morena", "Maria", "Canção do Engate  (cover of another portuguese artist named António Variações) and "A Carta" from his previous band : Toranja. The last one was one of the greatest portuguese hits of all time

1 hour ago, obamacares said:

The most famous songs are "Morena", "Maria", "Canção do Engate  (cover of another portuguese artist named António Variações) and "A Carta" from his previous band : Toranja. The last one was one of the greatest portuguese hits of all time

Wow.. Thank you ! And wow... My favourite is Eu Esperei... He reminds me of a softer Glen Hansard (by the way it would be awesome to have him at NOS after his euro tour with Eddie Vedder even if he already gave two dates in Portugal during the current tour). He knows how to lead emotion. When the horns come, it's just stunning...Cançao do Engate is stunning as well.

This version of Eu Esperei at 1:07:12 : 

18 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Wow.. Thank you ! And wow... My favourite is Eu Esperei... He reminds me of a softer Glen Hansard (by the way it would be awesome to have him at NOS after his euro tour with Eddie Vedder even if he already gave two dates in Portugal during the current tour). He knows how to lead emotion. When the horns come, it's just stunning...Cançao do Engate is stunning as well.

This version of Eu Esperei at 1:07:12 : 

Eu esperei is a great song too. Actually, we ,portuguese people, are very thankful for the presence of a great portuguese musician and songwritter on palco NOS, instead of Agir ahah

41 minutes ago, The life of Pablo said:

+The Avalanches

I've watched several videos and... I find them amazing when the singers are on stage, and not as good when only the DJs are on stage. Do you think these ones will play ? 

4 hours ago, Tremousse said:

I've watched several videos and... I find them amazing when the singers are on stage, and not as good when only the DJs are on stage. Do you think these ones will play ? 

I think they are a brilliant live band with singer or without.

In this tour they have Spank Rock at the vocals that is a great Mc.

About that video I consider a little bit strange the fact he sings with the lyrics on the mobile phone...

edit: looking at the latest setlists they always play Frank Sinatra.

Edited by alan_ts

could this be possible? http:///s/nos17/

Benjamin Booker - Peaches - Spoon - The Avalanches - Cage The Elephant - Fleet Foxes - Floating Points 

Or should The Avalanches be switched with CTE, dunno how big they are in Portugal so ya :P Really happy with how the undercard is turning out! Hoping for some more nice acts in the tent, though Im sad I'll probably be missing out Fleet Foxes and Cage or The Avalanches bc I really wanna see Depeche Mode :( Damn, the clashes r hard

• 2 weeks later...