NOS Alive! 2017

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday Main: Weeknd, XX, Phoinex, Alt-j

Friday 2nd: ?, Royal Blood, Ryan Adams, Glass Animals, Rhye, Blossoms,?,? 

Saturday Main: Foos,?,?, The Kills

Saturday 2nd: ?,?, Warpaint, Savages, Parov Stellar, Wild Beasts,? 

Sunday Main: Depeche Mode, Imagine Dragons, Kodaline,? 

Sunday 2nd: ?, Cage the Elephant,?,?,  Spoon,?,? 

I've just remembered it's a Thursday -Saturday festival, running order is slightly different than before because of day by day poster. Question marks are to be announced, I'd think they're in the correct positions so far.

53 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Anyone had a hunt through the Madcool and Bilbao festi lineups to see if there's any possible shared acts? I'd quite fancy Dinosaur Jr from Mad Cool!

There are quite a lot I'd love to see. Moderat is on top of that list. Belle & Sebastian and Foster The People would be amazing too. Catfish, Wilco and Foals would be great fun as well I think. From Bilbao Justice and EITS are really welcome. (The Killers are as well, but they won't be there)

Hey everyone,

I've read through this thread - super helpful, but I've got a couple of q's before I go ahead and book.

Main question is about getting to and from the site at night -  the late night trains sounds great, or are they a bit of a pain?Could anyone confirm what station(s) they go into? We've found some good sounding accommodation around Rossio train station. 

We also obviously want good access to the city and the beach for day-time use, but none of us have been to Lisbon before so are a bit clueless on distances other than guesstimating with google maps...

Any other tips greatly appreciated! There is four of us and we're aware we need to get a move on!

Likely from Mad Cool: Wilco, MIA, Belle & Sebastian, Moderat, Kurt Vile, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Dinosaur Jr, Royksopp, Slowdive, Trentemoller, Wolf Alice, SBTRKT, Boys Noize, Floating Points, Xavier Rudd, Joseph

Likely from Bilbao BBK: Die Antwoord, Fleet Foxes, Brian Wilson, Cabbage, Explosions In The Sky, Daphni, Dixon, DJ Tennis

Out from Superbock; The Orwells, London Grammar, Tyler The Creator, Deftones, Kevin Morby, James Vincent McMorrow and Foster The People

Out from Primavera; Flying Lotus, Cigarettes After Sex, Grandaddy, Justice, Miguel, Run The Jewels, Angel Olsen, Bon Iver, King Gizzard, Swans, Whitney, Skepta, Nico Jaar, Aphex Twin, Death Grips, Mitski, Sampha, Japandroids, Tycho, Metronomy

:')

37 minutes ago, The life of Pablo said:

I can't see Wolf Alice playing (Played last year) and also anyone from Super Bock. 

Missed that about Wolf Alice :P .. Eh yeah, that's what I said "Out from Super Bock"? I can see Lorde playing in Heineken on the Foo's Day or on the main of the DM day though she seems a rare act

13 hours ago, arcuse said:

Likely from Mad Cool: Wilco, MIA, Belle & Sebastian, Moderat, Kurt Vile, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Dinosaur Jr, Royksopp, Slowdive, Trentemoller, Wolf Alice, SBTRKT, Boys Noize, Floating Points, Xavier Rudd, Joseph

Likely from Bilbao BBK: Die Antwoord, Fleet Foxes, Brian Wilson, Cabbage, Explosions In The Sky, Daphni, Dixon, DJ Tennis

Out from Superbock; The Orwells, London Grammar, Tyler The Creator, Deftones, Kevin Morby, James Vincent McMorrow and Foster The People

Out from Primavera; Flying Lotus, Cigarettes After Sex, Grandaddy, Justice, Miguel, Run The Jewels, Angel Olsen, Bon Iver, King Gizzard, Swans, Whitney, Skepta, Nico Jaar, Aphex Twin, Death Grips, Mitski, Sampha, Japandroids, Tycho, Metronomy

:')

Out from Paredes de Coura: Foals (also played last year), At The Drive-In, Nick Murphy (FKA Chet Faker), Beach House, Future Islands, Ty Segall, Foxygen, Benjamin Clementine, BadBadNotGood, !!!, Car Seat Headrest, Beak>, Ho99o9, Moon Duo, Sunflower Bean, Manel Cruz

16 hours ago, Cazi said:

Hey everyone,

I've read through this thread - super helpful, but I've got a couple of q's before I go ahead and book.

Main question is about getting to and from the site at night -  the late night trains sounds great, or are they a bit of a pain?Could anyone confirm what station(s) they go into? We've found some good sounding accommodation around Rossio train station. 

We also obviously want good access to the city and the beach for day-time use, but none of us have been to Lisbon before so are a bit clueless on distances other than guesstimating with google maps...

Any other tips greatly appreciated! There is four of us and we're aware we need to get a move on!

The train station to get the trains to the festival is Cais de Sodre, down by the water.  Trains are very regular (several per hour) out to the festival, which is c. 4 stops/10 minutes along this line at Alges.  Buy your multitrip train card in the station at a kiosk or from a machine.  You can load this up with more trips as required during your stay.  Trains are busy, but last year I didn't find them overcrowded going out to the festival.  Coming back at night they make you walk along a flyover to get back to the train station at Alges, maybe a 15/20 minute walk - not sure....it felt long, but everyone has to go in the same direction.  There were alot of taxis last year, the queues weren't too bad, and this is how we got back into the city. Taxis less than 10€.

Rossio is a good location as it is walkable from everywhere - Cais de Sodre station is a 10 minute walk from here. You are near Barrio Alto and Alfama, which are amazing to mooch around in. The beaches are all on the same train line you take to the festival - Cais De Sodre- Caiscais line.  There are a few stunners, within 20-30 minutes of the city, like Estoril.  If you get a chance visit the TimeOut market near Cais De Sodre - it is food heaven.

2 hours ago, Orens said:

Out from Paredes de Coura: Foals (also played last year), At The Drive-In, Nick Murphy (FKA Chet Faker), Beach House, Future Islands, Ty Segall, Foxygen, Benjamin Clementine, BadBadNotGood, !!!, Car Seat Headrest, Beak>, Ho99o9, Moon Duo, Sunflower Bean, Manel Cruz

Damn gutted about Nick Murphy, Beach House, Car Seat Headrest & Beak> :( Hope we'll get some great additions in the next days since all tix are about to sell out 

23 hours ago, Miloliquorice said:

The train station to get the trains to the festival is Cais de Sodre, down by the water.  Trains are very regular (several per hour) out to the festival, which is c. 4 stops/10 minutes along this line at Alges.  Buy your multitrip train card in the station at a kiosk or from a machine.  You can load this up with more trips as required during your stay.  Trains are busy, but last year I didn't find them overcrowded going out to the festival.  Coming back at night they make you walk along a flyover to get back to the train station at Alges, maybe a 15/20 minute walk - not sure....it felt long, but everyone has to go in the same direction.  There were alot of taxis last year, the queues weren't too bad, and this is how we got back into the city. Taxis less than 10€.

Rossio is a good location as it is walkable from everywhere - Cais de Sodre station is a 10 minute walk from here. You are near Barrio Alto and Alfama, which are amazing to mooch around in. The beaches are all on the same train line you take to the festival - Cais De Sodre- Caiscais line.  There are a few stunners, within 20-30 minutes of the city, like Estoril.  If you get a chance visit the TimeOut market near Cais De Sodre - it is food heaven.

Thanks so much Miloliquorice, super helpful!

We've booked an apartment that's 15 mins walk from Cais de Sodre. Look's really well located for everything we need.

We're going to stay for a few days after the festival too, will check out Estoril! 

On 07/03/2017 at 1:30 PM, Miloliquorice said:

+1 for this comment. We stayed in Rossio last year in a guest house and it was perfect.

As for beaches, I also recommend Costa da Caparica, which may be more complicated to access but is waaaay beetter than any of the 'city' beaches. You get there by taking the ferry from Cais do Sodre to Cacilhas (always a fun experience!), it's a 10 minute scenic ride. Then you can take an express bus from Cacilhas to Costa da Caparica which takes like half an h, but you get to see the south side of the river Tejo, which is charming and different and the beach is less crowded and beautiful. 

Sorry for derailing the festival talk with the beach talk :)

Great line up for Nos Alive again, I'm a bit jealous I won't get to see the XX, Savages and Peaches.