NOS Alive! 2017

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/30/2016 at 11:38 AM, Noeliam said:

Maybe Pearl Jam as they were due to play last year?

Coldplay if they do festivals?

Coldplay are doing festivals in 2017 so could be them.

Could be anyone tbh. No Portugese date for Green Day so they've got to be in with a shout as well. Wouldn't rule out U2 either, who are doing a few festivals next year too. 

Whoever plays, it won't be as good as this years line up, that's impossible.

Apartment is booked just in case....

Edited by DiscothequeDave

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting to see that Mad Cool Festival have moved their dates to the same as NOS and BBK. Should make things interesting.

Edit...it would be pretty reckless of a fairly new festival to go up against the other 2 without having booked some big names first. Looking at the schedules I reckon they've gone and booked Green Day and maybe even Coldplay.

It should mean that we'll get far earlier announcements than usual as the festivals will be eager to get their names out ASAP.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

4 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Interesting to see that Mad Cool Festival have moved their dates to the same as NOS and BBK. Should make things interesting.

Edit...it would be pretty reckless of a fairly new festival to go up against the other 2 without having booked some big names first. Looking at the schedules I reckon they've gone and booked Green Day and maybe even Coldplay.

It should mean that we'll get far earlier announcements than usual as the festivals will be eager to get their names out ASAP.

You are right Dave. Everybody here is so surpsied that Mad Cool have moved into the same weekend that BBK Live, Nos Alive, Cruilla Festival and Resurrection Fest.

Everybody is sure that they have at least one big name booked. There are 2 options: Mad Cool (Live Nation) is sharing one headliner with BBK Live (Last Tour) as last year Mad Cool shared one headliner (The Who) with Azkena (also a Last Tour festival) or Mad Cool will share at least one headliner with Nos Alive.

At this moment, the only thing that is more than less sure is that Depeche Mode will headline one night at BBK live.

That weekend there will be 3 big mainstream festivals in Spain+Portugal plus Resurrecion Festival that last year booked some big names as Iron Maiden, Volbeat or The Offspring. So all big headliners will be here that weekend. Let's see which headliners are booked by each festival

Lot of people prediction is that Pearl Jam will play Mad Cool on Thursday 6th july and Nos Alive on Saturday 8th july.

Also Green day has no spanish/portugese date so far and they are playing everywhere in 2017, so they are big contenders to play Nos Alive + A Spanish Festival that weekend.

Edited by johnybegood

16 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I'm betting that Aerosmith will be at Mad Cool.

There are huge rumours that Download Festival will be celebrated also in Madrid in 2017, so imo Aerosmith are huge candidates for Download Madrid...

Too many festivals in Spain next year, so everybody has his own theory:

Mine is:

Mad Cool: Pearl Jam

BBK Live: Depeche Mode

Download Madrid: System Of A Down + Aerosmith

God knows: Green Day and Prophets Of Rage

Edited by johnybegood

2 hours ago, johnybegood said:

There are huge rumours that Download Festival will be celebrated also in Madrid in 2017, so imo Aerosmith are huge candidates for Download Madrid...

Too many festivals in Spain next year, so everybody has his own theory:

Mine is:

Mad Cool: Pearl Jam

BBK Live: Depeche Mode

Download Madrid: System Of A Down + Aerosmith

God knows: Green Day and Prophets Of Rage

My theory is that Mad Cool dates have been changed to suit headliners. Hence the Aerosmith hunch. Wouldn't surprise me to see the headliners of Mad Cool being Aerosmith/Green Day and Depeche Mode actually. With the locations I would think that MC and NOS will share at least one headliner (Green Day I reckon) with BBK missing out.

What makes you think BBK will get Depeche Mode? And do you know when Download Madrid is likely to be?

Really keen to see Aerosmith before they call it a day but don't fancy seeing them at a metal festival. No offence to Metal Heads, I just like variety.

12 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

My theory is that Mad Cool dates have been changed to suit headliners. Hence the Aerosmith hunch. Wouldn't surprise me to see the headliners of Mad Cool being Aerosmith/Green Day and Depeche Mode actually. With the locations I would think that MC and NOS will share at least one headliner (Green Day I reckon) with BBK missing out.

What makes you think BBK will get Depeche Mode? And do you know when Download Madrid is likely to be?

Really keen to see Aerosmith before they call it a day but don't fancy seeing them at a metal festival. No offence to Metal Heads, I just like variety.

I think that Depeche Mode will play BBK because there is a contest organized by their sponsors and the winner will travel to an "unknown european city" next week (10th and 11th october) to discover BBK's first headliner. (source: https://premium.easypromosapp.com/p/311534)

Depeche Mode is announcing its World Tour 11th October in Milan (source: https://www.facebook.com/depechemode/)

So its easy to find out which band will be their 1st headliner

Rumours say that Spanish Download will be 23 & 24th June 2017.