Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/09/2016 at 5:25 PM, Tremousse said:

They have a great success at each performance in the US; their more-than-3 hours huge performance at Bonnaroo 2008 allowed them to be often compared to Pearl Jam. I'd love to see them at Glastonbury next year, even with a shorter set :) (and why not Pearl Jam as headliner ahah)

i like you old son

4 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Elbow have just announce a new studio album to be released on 7th February 2017 and a tour in Feb and March

Nailed on for Glasto I reckon. Hopefully their new album will be better than the last couple

The "Elbow to sub-headline the Pyramid every 3 years" rule continues...

Edited by jackarmy

2 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

The "Elbow to sub-headline the Pyramid every 3 years" rule continues...

I am not sure where would play. Subbing Pyramid seems the logical place, but then they did that in 2011 and 2014, so not sure they could put them there again. Pyramid headliner maybe, perhaps its their time? JP headliner? They do always go down really well on the Pyramid, despite a few poor albums since SSK. 

Just now, dingbat2 said:

I am not sure where would play. Subbing Pyramid seems the logical place, but then they did that in 2011 and 2014, so not sure they could put them there again. Pyramid headliner maybe, perhaps its their time? JP headliner? They do always go down really well on the Pyramid, despite a few poor albums since SSK. 

Easy option for the Eavii if they want to fill a sub slot. Guy has said that the only reason they wouldn't play Glastonbury is if they're not touring, or they haven't been asked. 

Can't really see them sliding down the bill, they'll probably still gonna tour arenas next year. Could see them below either Radiohead or The Stone Roses.

I'm on board with the thoughts about Elbow.

Just got an email about the tour next March. I am already planning to take some mates to see them again. Particularly because its Hammersmith Apollo and thats my favourite mid sized venue in London.

Round the corner to the Southern Belle before hand for some pool, hot dogs and lager beforehand, quick stop off at Be at One for a Shakey Pete then in for the gig just before 9. Good times!

5 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Coldplay just put up a 2017 photo, clearly it's time for them to return to Pilton 

The tears that will be shed when after the prospect of Radiohead, Daft Punk, Stone Roses it ends up being U2, Gaga, Coldplay