Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The wait is over! We are excited to reveal the first acts for Flow Festival 2017! Lana Del Rey, The xx, Aphex Twin, Flume, London Grammar, Vince Staples, Angel Olsen, Jenny Hval, Maceo Plex, Jon Hopkins, FEEL MY BICEP, ALMA, MC Taakibörsta, Femme En Fourrure and Kauriinmetsästäjät will perform in Suvilahti, Helsinki next August!"

George Ezra and Bastille also confirmed for IOW. George will probably be one of our Other Stage subs. Hopefully Bastille being there is the reason they aren't a Reading exclusive so there's still a chance they'll be staying away from the G.

Edited by Zac Quinn

But yeah, bloody mental that IOW went from Blur and Fleetwood Mac to Rod Stewart and Run DMC in two years. Obviously when they narrowly swerved cancellation it was because they'd managed to cut costs with the line-up rather than found a headliner guaranteed to have tickets flying off the shelves. Tragic. 

Edited by Zac Quinn

First names of Lowlands Festival in the Netherlands in august:

Mumford and Sons | The xx | Editors | alt-J | Elbow | Flume | Iggy Pop | Moderat | Ben Klock | Cashmere Cat | Dixon | Mac DeMarco | mura masa | Noord Nederlands Orkest | Nothing But Thieves | Ty Segall | Tove Lo

2 hours ago, Ovechkin said:

"The wait is over! We are excited to reveal the first acts for Flow Festival 2017! Lana Del Rey, The xx, Aphex Twin, Flume, London Grammar, Vince Staples, Angel Olsen, Jenny Hval, Maceo Plex, Jon Hopkins, FEEL MY BICEP, ALMA, MC Taakibörsta, Femme En Fourrure and Kauriinmetsästäjät will perform in Suvilahti, Helsinki next August!"

Like the look of this! Shame it's so far after Glasto but hope most of them are there (although a few played quite recently).

Nice to see Lana is still about. Hope to get a chance to see her on this tour!

2 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Like the look of this! Shame it's so far after Glasto but hope most of them are there (although a few played quite recently).

Nice to see Lana is still about. Hope to get a chance to see her on this tour!

First European date for London Grammar as well, which is something I'm excited about 

3 hours ago, Noeliam said:

First names of Lowlands Festival in the Netherlands in august:

Mumford and Sons | The xx | Editors | alt-J | Elbow | Flume | Iggy Pop | Moderat | Ben Klock | Cashmere Cat | Dixon | Mac DeMarco | mura masa | Noord Nederlands Orkest | Nothing But Thieves | Ty Segall | Tove Lo

Hmmm. Mumford and Sons supposedly finished touring Wilder Mind in October so I wonder what's going on there. Not that they'll be returning to Glastonbury just yet but possible for V Fest depending on what day they're doing Lowlands

Edited by Zac Quinn

4 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

George will probably be one of our Other Stage subs.

I tried to walk through the Pyramid field last year and it was unbelievably busy. Looked like one of the biggest crowds I've seen from where I was.

Obviously a sub slot would put him against bigger names and his stock has fallen slightly (between albums I guess) but it could be a busy Other field.

21 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I tried to walk through the Pyramid field last year and it was unbelievably busy. Looked like one of the biggest crowds I've seen from where I was.

Obviously a sub slot would put him against bigger names and his stock has fallen slightly (between albums I guess) but it could be a busy Other field.

Yeah we got there about 10 minutes in and could barely find anywhere to watch from, although people further back were mostly sitting so he wasn't quite pulling in Stones-esque numbers :P You're quite right that being up against Young Fathers, Sleaford Mods and Gaz Coombes isn't comparable to the competition he'd have at 8/9pm but nevertheless if this next album does as well he's going to be commanding massive slots everywhere 

Edited by Zac Quinn

10 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Really hoping Iggy Pop makes one final stop at Worthy Farm before calling it a day. My hopes have been raised by the announcements at a few European festivals recently

Same here. Post Pop Depression is one of my favourite albums of 2016. On the Pyramid before The XX and Radiohead would be sweet! 

Edited by BlackHole2006