Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

Ooh yes please. That has Friday in the Avalon written all over it. They're playing Blonde on Blonde too at the moment.

Hoping for these too. Can't see Avalon adding any more now but could do Acoustic? 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Hoping for these too. Can't see Avalon adding any more now but could do Acoustic? 

I'm thinking Acoustic too, not sure how I feel about them doing Blonde on Blonde if they play Glastonbury. It's not that I don't want to see that show, I want to hear their hits

6 hours ago, jyoung said:

I think I mentioned this before but I cant be certain. Spotify official Glastonbury playlist includes Old Crow Medicine Show and they do have UK shows over that weekend. I'm not sure whether Spotify just made a mistake as I cant imagine they got any info?! Either way it would be a great gig. 

wp_ss_20170516_0002 (2).png

wp_ss_20170516_0003 (3).png

The playlist thing is almost certainly because Ani DiFranco sings on that version. She's on the poster and that playlist doesn't have any other songs of hers.

But OCMS's dates were spotted a while back, would be great to see them in the Acoustic (although presumably they'd clash with the 'Head).

14 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The playlist thing is almost certainly because Ani DiFranco sings on that version. She's on the poster and that playlist doesn't have any other songs of hers.

But OCMS's dates were spotted a while back, would be great to see them in the Acoustic (although presumably they'd clash with the 'Head).

Ah, very good work my friend. I'd love to see them on the farm but absolutely nothing will move me from the Pyramid on Friday night.

59 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Anyone going to see Metronomy is in for an absolute treat. Tremendous fun in Glasgow tonight 

Was it busy? I noticed yesterday there were tickets going for £10 on stubhub. I considered going but I'm not a huge fan and I'm seeing them at Primavera anyway, glad to hear they're on good form though.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Was it busy? I noticed yesterday there were tickets going for £10 on stubhub. I considered going but I'm not a huge fan and I'm seeing them at Primavera anyway, glad to hear they're on good form though.

Was busy actually, could have got a couple tickets on the door but wasn't far at all from capacity. Yeah you'll enjoy them there, real party vibes from their show 

27 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Pond are due to finish their tour in Bristol the Wednesday before the festival, should be nailed on to play across the weekend?

It seemed so but they're playing Down the Rabbit Hole in the Netherlands on the Friday so we're unsure if they're playing now. I can't remember the exact details but I'm sure someone posted on here that they'd spoke to one of them and they said they were playing but it'd be strange to go from Bristol to the Netherlands then back to Glastonbury. I hope they do play though, enjoying the new album.

16 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

It seemed so but they're playing Down the Rabbit Hole in the Netherlands on the Friday so we're unsure if they're playing now. I can't remember the exact details but I'm sure someone posted on here that they'd spoke to one of them and they said they were playing but it'd be strange to go from Bristol to the Netherlands then back to Glastonbury. I hope they do play though, enjoying the new album.

Thanks for the heads-up, albeit a slightly disappointing one! easyJet flies from Bristol to Amsterdam, so fingers crossed they have return tickets...

12 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Okay yeah so Metronomy are still cool live but damn that encore is a massive come down. Totally bummed me out 

It was odd,  I'm glad they spread their hits across the Set but then it felt like they used up their fan service and hits before the encore 

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

ATCQ have cancelled Roskilde due to injury. WH headliner slot back open? 

Even though I would've missed them anyway, that's not good - pretty late to be finding a replacement to top WH. At least they weren't already announced I guess? Can just stick anybody already booked in there and most would be none the wiser.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Even though I would've missed them anyway, that's not good - pretty late to be finding a replacement to top WH. At least they weren't already announced I guess? Can just stick anybody already booked in there and most would be none the wiser.

Absolutely, but as you say, big slot to fill at short notice. 

Ahhhh fuck I really hope they don't stick RTJ in there.