Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And the Stones in European in September and October.......got 24 hours to mull over whether or not my hat's in the ring for that.

Do I need to see The Stones again? Or was Glastonbury enough to satisfy me?

I assume it's going to cost a small fortune.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And the Stones in European in September and October.......got 24 hours to mull over whether or not my hat's in the ring for that.

Stadiums in October. Charlie won't be pleased.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I assume it's going to cost a small fortune.

Wrong. It's gonna cost a large fortune.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I went to Copenhagen this time last year and it was chilly, can imagine it being freezing in October.

Absolutely. Though in a huddle of people it maybe won't be so bad.

Looking into the prices a bit, apparently seated in Hamburg is €85~ at its cheapest and same with Amsterdam according to Ticketmaster. Pitch is €109 behind the €190 premium standing. Gotta admit I was expecting it to be more than that - if they do a UK leg it's gonna dwarf those prices..

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Do I need to see The Stones again? Or was Glastonbury enough to satisfy me?

I'm sort of in that boat myself. Don't think I'll travel anyway. Steely Dan and Chris Rock tics too this week. 

Credit card could be taking a hammering.....

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Do I need to see The Stones again? 

I last saw them in 2006 and swore then I'd not bother again. The Millennium Stadium was far from sold out, due to the exorbitant ticket prices and the band seemed to be going through the motions on a huge, soul-less set. Fast forward to Glastonbury and they were great again, wish I'd been there for that.

Changing the subject, since when have the Kooks been an arena act? Playing the likes of Wembley Arena in November! :blink:

15 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I last saw them in 2006 and swore then I'd not bother again. The Millennium Stadium was far from sold out, due to the exorbitant ticket prices and the band seemed to be going through the motions on a huge, soul-less set. Fast forward to Glastonbury and they were great again, wish I'd been there for that.

Changing the subject, since when have the Kooks been an arena act? Playing the likes of Wembley Arena in November! :blink:

They will defo be in a slot low enough clash free that will try help them sell. 

For me if I ignore past 1st album, there is a lot worse than them with DMA's but I wouldn't pay for it.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Oooh fuck yes please!! That would be unmissable. 

I'd be there. :)

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Not around Glasto but Steely Dan are touring in October for anyone who wants to go back Jack and do it again.

not only the Dan, but with the Doobie-woobies at Bluesfest in London.

48 minutes ago, Gingerpops said:

I don't know if this has been spotted earlier but these guys are playing in Bristol on 21st so have to be a shoo in

http://methylethel.com/

I literally know two songs (no 28 and ubu) and both are ace. Going to investigate further in the hope of an early afternoon, smaller stage slot. 

Yeah they're supporting Pond on their tour. It's possible, but we're not even sure about Pond at this point so we'll have to wait it out.

On 29/04/2017 at 11:14 AM, FloorFiller said:

Warpaint already confirmed themselves to be headlining the Park on the Saturday. Unfortunately what with Ride already having been announced I doubt Slowdive are gonna be added as well, which is a huge shame as their new album is incredible.

Here's a joke that only Warpaint fans will get

Why did Eminem think there were only 10 tracks on the new Warpaint album, when actually there are 11?

35 minutes ago, uscore said:

Here's a joke that only Warpaint fans will get

Why did Eminem think there were only 10 tracks on the new Warpaint album, when actually there are 11?

HE FORGOT ABOUT DRE??