Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they're only doing 2 UK shows this year. I've not tried looking for where the other one is, does anyone want to try...?

They're at Hyde Park with Big Phil on the Sunday 

Edit: Sorry, following Friday. No idea why I read it as 25th 

Edited by MattDavies__

21 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

They're at Hyde Park with Big Phil on the Sunday 

Edit: Sorry, following Friday. No idea why I read it as 25th 

ah, k. Wasn't sure if it was anything already announced or not.

It means they won't be doing Glasto, then (as long as the PR was correct).

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The only played a couple of years ago anyway, and they weren't very good.

Ooh I beg to differ Mr J! I had a very enjoyable (and nostalgic) half hour with Debbie & the boys that year (quite a bit of it in my head I confess). Watching it back on iPlayer wasn't quite the same, but being there was great

20 minutes ago, billum said:

Ooh I beg to differ Mr J! I had a very enjoyable (and nostalgic) half hour with Debbie & the boys that year (quite a bit of it in my head I confess). Watching it back on iPlayer wasn't quite the same, but being there was great

Different strokes/folks. I was there and didn't think much of it.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Different strokes/folks. I was there and didn't think much of it.

i've seen blondie about 6 or 8 times at fests I'd guess in the last 2 decades, and it has to be said, you can tell they're aging. Debbie has to choose where to use her voice and where to do it differently, that sort of thing.

Respect, tho. Having re-written a para of their achievements for the efests news they're right up there, and for a band who were (back in the day) supposedly trading on her looks, she's put that wrong by not being scared to be out there even now. And Parallel Lines is top album!

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Obviously didn't partake of a viewing myself, but I'm sure I've heard that even in their Parallel Lines pomp they were a decidedly iffy live proposition.

you should try and find the video of them at Glastonbury in the late 90s (98?).

I got given some footage of glasto shows when i first started doing glasto websites, and it might have gone on one of them (either an official one or not), I can't remember. Anyway, watching the Blondie footage of that rekindled my interest in them, so it can't have been that bad I don't think.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

ah, k. Wasn't sure if it was anything already announced or not.

It means they won't be doing Glasto, then (as long as the PR was correct).

They did the roundhouse the other day as well, so that's 3 in total announced/played this year already.  Surprised if there wont be some more dates on the back of the new album.

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, Jon F said:

They did the roundhouse the other day as well, so that's 3 in total announced/played this year already.  Surprised if there wont be some more dates on the back of the new album.

whoops, hit the edit btn instead of the quote btn to your post. Nothing was changed. :)

It might have said festival shows, or something, in the PR, or that's what it was meaning. Whatever, these things are often wrong anyway, which is why I gave it the caveat. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Obviously didn't partake of a viewing myself, but I'm sure I've heard that even in their Parallel Lines pomp they were a decidedly iffy live proposition.

I saw them in 78 about the time that Denis was breaking and they were superb. Played at the local cinema in Canterbury with the majority of the crowd crammed in between the stage and the first rows of seats which promptly collapsed as soon as the band came on.

I was a spotty 18 year old at the time who was in love with Debbie at the time though, so my judgement may be clouded i suppose.

Edited by tjamest

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

you should try and find the video of them at Glastonbury in the late 90s (98?).

I got given some footage of glasto shows when i first started doing glasto websites, and it might have gone on one of them (either an official one or not), I can't remember. Anyway, watching the Blondie footage of that rekindled my interest in them, so it can't have been that bad I don't think.

It was 99 - they were alright, her voice was a lot better then I guess. I didn't think much of them on 'Later' the other night though.

Paramore. That's who's touring around Glastonbury 2017. In a place pretty close to Glastonbury just before the Glastonbury weekend. Like Paramore would choose to do the Colston Hall just because they felt like doing playing Colston Hall? 

IMG_1095.PNG

7 hours ago, willutalk said:

Paramore. That's who's touring around Glastonbury 2017. In a place pretty close to Glastonbury just before the Glastonbury weekend. Like Paramore would choose to do the Colston Hall just because they felt like doing playing Colston Hall? 

IMG_1095.PNG

Well they're in Edinburgh the following night so it isn't because they're playing Glastonbury.

This is one who is touring but definitely won't be there - Seu Jorge - I was hoping he'd bring his Life Aquatic Bowie tribute to the fest as he's playing London & Manchester late May - but just seen he's now booked for gigs in the states all through the weekend of the fest. Guess I'll have to pack the life aquatic crew uniform away and hope for another year! ^_^

On 5/6/2017 at 8:47 AM, mario man said:

This is one who is touring but definitely won't be there - Seu Jorge - I was hoping he'd bring his Life Aquatic Bowie tribute to the fest as he's playing London & Manchester late May - but just seen he's now booked for gigs in the states all through the weekend of the fest. Guess I'll have to pack the life aquatic crew uniform away and hope for another year! ^_^

Bugger, I was looking forward to that on a sunny mid afternoon at West Holts