Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I saw him in Cardiff - utterly joyous from start to finish. Everyone out of their chairs, dancing. :)

there were people doing that in bristol but he can't sing any more, his piano wasn't even plugged in and kept leaving the stage, presumably to take medication

27 minutes ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

there were people doing that in bristol but he can't sing any more, his piano wasn't even plugged in and kept leaving the stage, presumably to take medication

The guy's 74, has long standing serious mental health issues, and can still play a 38 song set. I think he's entitled to the odd break.

1 minute ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

because i didn't know how bad he'd be

You argue that an artist shouldn't be doing a world tour with sets containing 38 songs if they're seventy four with long standing mental health issues  after going to a 38 song gig as part of a world tour of a seventy four year old with long standing mental health issues. 

12 minutes ago, TheSilence said:

You argue that an artist shouldn't be doing a world tour with sets containing 38 songs if they're seventy four with long standing mental health issues  after going to a 38 song gig as part of a world tour of a seventy four year old with long standing mental health issues. 

my position re:mentally ill pensioners palying long sets was reached following the gig, not prior to it

27 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Thats quite something for a festival of Green Man's size to get three exclusive headliners.

Not blown away by the rest though, some good stuff there don't get me wrong - But they must have paid a fair bit for exclusivity on those three at the cost of quality further down.

The Zombies have just announced they are doing Odessey & Oracle in full at London Palladium in September, Think this is their last tour and they are at Primavera Sound - Barca in May. Would love to see them perform that album at Glastonbury, reckon it's the last chance to do so..

Edit - tix on sale tomorrow 10am.

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

33 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

The Zombies have just announced they are doing Odessey & Oracle in full at London Palladium in September, Think this is their last tour and they are at Primavera Sound - Barca in May. Would love to see them perform that album at Glastonbury, reckon it's the last chance to do so..

Edit - tix on sale tomorrow 10am.

They played a couple of years ago on Avalon so I doubt they'd be back again so soon. Annoyingly they clashed with Belle & Sebastien last time so I missed them.

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They played a couple of years ago on Avalon so I doubt they'd be back again so soon. Annoyingly they clashed with Belle & Sebastien last time so I missed them.

I watched the first half, and then cut across to the end of B&S. I would love them to do the album straight, at Avalon they were doing a career spanning set, so we were listening to a cover of Heard It Through The Grapevine because one of the band members had played on a version of it once in the US, they talked an awful lot between songs too, it was a bit of a cheese fest tbh .... I waited for a trio off the album and left on a high.