Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Do Depeche Mode really have more hits than Foo Fighters? I prefer them but I would never have said that. I think when I started listening to them the only songs I recognised were Just Can't Get Enough, Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence and People are People.

I was only born in 1995 though so I obviously missed Depeche Mode's commercial peak. Did they have a lot of hits?

I'd say no, but Depeche Mode have been around longer and have a strong following 

I would love them to play but find it unlikely unfortunately 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Do Depeche Mode really have more hits than Foo Fighters? I prefer them but I would never have said that. I think when I started listening to them the only songs I recognised were Just Can't Get Enough, Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence and People are People.

I was only born in 1995 though so I obviously missed Depeche Mode's commercial peak. Did they have a lot of hits?

http://www.officialcharts.com/artist/27860/foo-fighters/

http://www.officialcharts.com/artist/20192/depeche-mode/

21 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Mate as much as I would love it, I just can't see them being up against Radiohead or Foo Fighters as it just does not make sense. Up against Ed Sheeran then fair enough but not against the other 2.

They have had more hits than both of them so I would be gobsmacked if they agreed to play second fiddle to either of them.

Have just watched their set from last night at the 6 music festival and they were superb. Now I prefer them on record compared to live as I do not like the live drummer. Yet Dave Gahan is absolutely superb. There are not many true rock and roll front men left.

Am a little worried they don't seem to be playing any songs pre Violator although I expect that to change come the tour proper.

Is theire really a big crossover with the Foo's or Radiohead's audience? I suppose they've been going long enough to be regarded as a classic band now, so there's bound to be people who'd like to see them both but I couldn't really imagine enough to noticeably deplete the crowd there. So it's really a question of if they'd be happy with second billing to the headliners.

I'm calling it. And no, I won't be buying pints if I'm wrong. ;)

Edited by musky

9 minutes ago, musky said:

Is theire really a big crossover with the Foo's or Radiohead's audience? I suppose they've been going long enough to be regarded as a classic band now, so there's bound to be people who'd like to see them both but I couldn't really imagine enough to noticeably deplete the crowd there. So it's really a question of if they'd be happy with second billing to the headliners.

I'm calling it. And no, I won't be buying pints if I'm wrong. ;)

I hope you're right but I honestly can't see it.

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They said on Sunday they'll be back in Glasgow to play The Hydro in the winter, I'd imagine as part of a wider arena tour 

Yes mate they are as predictable as the seasons. They will do an arena tour later on in the year. The 4 year cycle has been the norm since SOFAD.

White Lies are active and have a nice little Glasto gap in their schedule. Catching them at Sound City in May but wouldn't mind seeing them on the farm too. I've been listening to the latest album Friends recently and it's a big improvement on previous releases, full of summer vibes too.

25 minutes ago, jyoung said:

White Lies are active and have a nice little Glasto gap in their schedule. Catching them at Sound City in May but wouldn't mind seeing them on the farm too. I've been listening to the latest album Friends recently and it's a big improvement on previous releases, full of summer vibes too.

I actually found it a little disappointing, considering how much I loved BIG TV. Come On is a tune though.

Am hopeful they'll be on the lineup - they were great on the Other stage, 2014.

9 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

I actually found it a little disappointing, considering how much I loved BIG TV. Come On is a tune though.

Am hopeful they'll be on the lineup - they were great on the Other stage, 2014.

I never got into Big TV but my fondness for the latest record has led me to think I should perhaps revisit the previous. 'Summer Didn't Change A Thing' is my personal favourite from Friends.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Must put her in the frame - don't think she has any dates elsewhere between then and the festival. Is she WH headliner size or maybe sub?

I'd say headliner size. It's 20 years since Baduizm was released and there's been a lot of hype around her recently because of it. 

Tickets are on sale at 9am on Friday for those interested, it's at the Eventim Apollo

16 hours ago, Newtofestivals said:

Can anyone rule out the wombats...

16 hours ago, TomViolence said:

+ The Wombats are playing gigs in the UK the week after Glastonbury but seem to be touring their debut album in full so I'm not sure if that makes an appearance at the farm less likely..?

I know bands revisiting albums are unusual at Glastonbury (Screamadelica being the exception to the rule that comes to mind) but I would love this on the farm for a bit of nostalgia. I loved it when it came out and would love to hear it all live.

Not sure if anyone else was there last night but caught Grandaddy at the Irish Centre in Leeds yesterday evening - 'twas bloody marvellous. One of the best gigs I've seen this year, and probably one of the best I've seen ever too. Laughing Stock sounded stunning, as did He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot. Don't think I'll end up seeing them at the farm - but it was an outrageously enjoyable night.