Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Buy a ticket or hold out for a GF set?

EDIT: Having looked on Ticketmaster tickets are £51.50 a pop. Fuck that.

They are only free the Friday I think. That would be 5 nights in a row. I'd reluctantly let go of the idea of them being there, but I'm talking myself back into it now.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Do they mean to put an elephant in a cage, or is the elephant named Cage? 

Always struggled with that :blink:

The former.

“We were in Knoxville, Tennessee, hanging outside a club after a show-this is probably in 2006,” remembers singer Matthew Shultz, “and we saw this guy with a shaved head and a long goatee yelling and screaming and talking to himself. I’m pretty sure he had some mental issues going on. He all of a sudden beelined towards us. Everyone jumped into our car and shut the doors. But I didn’t make it into the car. I was stuck outside. I thought for sure the guy was gonna stab me or something, but then he came up to me and gave me a hug. The whole time he was saying, ‘You have to cage the elephant, you have to cage the elephant.’ Afterwards, I was like, ‘We gotta name the band that.'”

Bonus quote:

"And I’ve always said that if I ever do a side project it’s going to be called Pooh Pooh Pee Pee.”

It's only a few years ago bands just would not do their own gigs June-August (holiday and festival season). The Academies, arenas and such venues would effectively be closed most of the time. That seems to be changing more each year with bands doing summer shows of their own.

1 hour ago, grayfitz said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Whitney are in the UK around Glasto.

JUNE

03 London, Field Day
04 Manchester, Ritz
27 Brighton, Concorde 2

http://diymag.com/2017/03/27/whitney-new-12-inch-dolly-parton-cover-light-upon-the-lake

They pretty much confirmed themselves in a Reddit chat a while back.

Hacienda classical looking quite likely then??

With Hookys comment about them playing his fave festivals then I would be shocked if they were not there now.

Shaun Ryder is doing the one they have at a festival in Liverpool later in the year. Still hoping to see Black Grape there this tear.

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Are gigs a regular thing there? Not heard of anything since those arctics gigs and that was around suck it and see so was a while ago. 

Nah Milburn is the first big one of it's type at Don Valley Bowl since it went down. Hopefully more to come

Phoenix 2013 was a perfect ending to the festival, wonder where they would play now. Rare for european bands to have headliner status in USA and nowhere near in Europe.. usually its the other way around.. (see kasabian and arctic monkeys).. 

Edited by Ovechkin

7 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

Phoenix 2013 was a perfect ending to the festival, wonder where they would play now. Rare for european bands to have headliner status in USA and nowhere near in Europe.. usually its the other way around.. (see kasabian and arctic monkeys).. 

it was really great... I know that bands don't tend to do the same slot on the same stage more than once, but I would go to see them headline the JP on the Sunday again without a doubt.

7 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

it was really great... I know that bands don't tend to do the same slot on the same stage more than once, but I would go to see them headline the JP on the Sunday again without a doubt.

Apologies but Flaming Lips have that slot sewn up (hopefully)