Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that Cage the Elephant have announced 27th June at Rock City. Should mean Sunday at Glastonbury if it's not just a UK date dropped in the middle of European touring plans.

Also Crystal Fighters just announced Ally Pally so are they in the hat to headline John Peel? I know they're SR for it but I was thinking one or two down from the top before. Wouldn't be bothered but it'll work for clash relief.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Rodrigo y Gabriela are in France on the Saturday and then have a gig at The Roundhouse on the Tuesday, certainly possible they might pop up again.

They're welcome back every year as far as I'm concerned. They're pyramid set a few years ago, and WH set a few years before that were both highlights of the respective weekends.

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Based on that wording I'd be amazed if he didn't turn up, if he was a genuine Bestival exclusive they'd say as much, otherwise what would be the point in paying for it if you don't say it? You only pay for exclusivity to help shift tickets, so they'd say "in a Uk festival exclusive" or "catch him in his only U.K. Festival performance".

Yup, nothing on the poster or on the site about any exclusivity. Though in fairness Mr Treays isn't always the most predictable, but given the good reception Trick got he might just wanna play the farm before the fallow, two years of music into one yada yada yada....

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

See that Cage the Elephant have announced 27th June at Rock City. Should mean Sunday at Glastonbury if it's not just a UK date dropped in the middle of European touring plans.

Also Crystal Fighters just announced Ally Pally so are they in the hat to headline John Peel? I know they're SR for it but I was thinking one or two down from the top before. Wouldn't be bothered but it'll work for clash relief.

Cage the elephant would be great. They were JP last time. Reckon they could be mid other? Or second from top JP?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Do they mean to put an elephant in a cage, or is the elephant named Cage? 

Always struggled with that :blink: