Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, cloudb said:

Agreed, can't see it happening but I don't think it's their place on the billing that would prevent it.

When did they first play Glastonbury? 94? I always thought my exposure to them was live footage of them playing Glastonbury in the mid 90s but now I'm starting to think it was Woodstock.

Only played in 2000 I believe (when they headlined Other) so yeah almost definitely Woodstock you're thinking of (the video of which I watch regularly as it's absolute carnage).

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Only played in 2000 I believe (when they headlined Other) so yeah almost definitely Woodstock you're thinking of (the video of which I watch regularly as it's absolute carnage).

Bizarre! For 20+ years I thought it was Glastonbury footage that got me into NIN.

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

Slightly off topic, but is anyone trying for Weezer tickets? The news item on their site mentions a pre sale today at 10am, but I've not been sent a pre sale code or anything. Any ideas?

Also - NIN for Glastonbury \m/!

Yep been trying to find pre-sale ticks for Wembley. Ticketmaster have nothing, and SeeTickets seemingly want a code which I haven't been sent - despite signing up for Weezer's mailing list. Let me know if you have any luck!

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yep been trying to find pre-sale ticks for Wembley. Ticketmaster have nothing, and SeeTickets seemingly want a code which I haven't been sent - despite signing up for Weezer's mailing list. Let me know if you have any luck!

Looks like we're in the same boat then! I'm not very hopeful at this point tbh. The Radiohead pre sale was much more straightforward. 

Edit: Looks like it's not just us. A few people on Reddit and Twitter have mentioned the same.

Edited by jparx

35 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

http://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/weezer/?pre=wartpre&src=weezerartist&clearoffer=true Weezer link and password is WEEZERWORLDWIDE

4 minutes ago, foolee said:

You sir, are a glorious human being. I've missed out on seeing Weezer one way or another for the past 15 years, and now it's finally happening! I owe you a pint :)

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

@eFestivals what was the family thing you were on about weeks ago? Was it just the Jacksons for the Saturday as I seem to remember you saying it was more than that? I may have missed some other info you posted afterwards, but AFAIK it just went quiet. 

'siblings', not 'family' (tho it's much the same).

Like The Jacksons.

Like Solange has a famous sister.

Etc, etc, etc.

There's plenty, but i gave up the tweeting them just because i didn't have time.

Apologies for not trawling the thread before asking, but has Norah Jones been mentioned as a possible yet? She's in the UK on July 6th and a gap before that from June 16th. She was terrible on the Pyramid in 2010, but touring her Little Broken Hearts album was superb (eg. Roundhouse). I'd love another chance to see her especially if she's more in Danger Mouse mode than smoov country-jazz (although her new album last year was all about that).

3 hours ago, cloudb said:

Agreed, can't see it happening but I don't think it's their place on the billing that would prevent it.

When did they first play Glastonbury? 94? I always thought my exposure to them was live footage of them playing Glastonbury in the mid 90s but now I'm starting to think it was Woodstock.

Great video. And you're right...they're definitely not bigger now than they were then. So its possible, but I'm not that lucky!

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I know its in America, but that's pretty big billing for Justice

I always get so confused by the billings of acts before I realise its an American festival. Royal Blood being so low for example completely flummoxed me on this one