Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Dunno, I remember seeing they'd sold out a night in Norwich on their last tour which seems a bit far to travel even for their fans. They do have some semblance of popularity in the rest of the country - when they headlined the tent at Reading a couple of years back it was 75% full - but probably not enough to keep them going without the Northern obsessive.

Fair enough until the last two words. One area isn't the entire north - this isn't Game of Thrones yo.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

16lup1200pxwideab.png

Compare that to Coldplay, Adele, Disclosure, Ellie Goulding, Skepta, The 1975, Annie Mac, Stormzy, Jess Glynne, Bring Me the Horizon, Foals, Fatboy Slim, The Lumineers, Lady Leshurr, Jack Garratt, Alungeorge, CHVRCHES, Wolf Alice, Of Monsters and Men and Jake Bugg and it's about the same. 

Years & Years and Bastillle too, but yeah it's certainly not the biggest issue. And frankly any Radio 1 listener who tries to claim Glastonbury isn't catering to their demographic in a year when they've booked the Foos and Ed Sheeran is having a giraffe.  

Edited by Zac Quinn

4 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Also Flogging Molly touring around Glasto!

But unfortunately in Germany and France on the main festival days.  (This is really annoying for me - I decided not to see them in 2011 due to excessive consumption of alcohol and painkillers making me decide I needed to go back to the camper.  Got spectacularly lost (while walking back and forth between the same two places) and arrived back at the camper at 4 o'clock in the morning only to hear all my group talking about what a great time they'd had)

6 hours ago, eastynh said:

I will buy everyone jelly and ice cream at the efests meet if the c-nt dies before Glasto.

An absolute stain on humanity.

With the free pint from @kalifire and now potentially jelly and ice cream if an 86 year old bloke keels over, it's shaping up to be a great Efests meet this year :lol:

4 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Am surprised Charli XCX isn't down as a rumour yet. New album out and playing Rock Wertcher in Belgium after Glastonbury. Would have thought she's nailed on for a mid afternoon slot on Other or Pyramid unless she's already been ruled out?

My missus would love this. I'd have my reasons for tagging along..

4 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Am surprised Charli XCX isn't down as a rumour yet. New album out and playing Rock Wertcher in Belgium after Glastonbury. Would have thought she's nailed on for a mid afternoon slot on Other or Pyramid unless she's already been ruled out?

Also is a regular, pretty much played every year she's been active, except for last year. 2015 on John Peel was great, but there seemed to be an unexpectedly high concentration of middle aged dads singing along every word.

11 minutes ago, Keithy said:

With the free pint from @kalifire and now potentially jelly and ice cream if an 86 year old bloke keels over, it's shaping up to be a great Efests meet this year :lol:

Get real, if you think he's going to pop his clogs anytime before 100 you're going to be disappointed. He's basically the Mr Burns of real life.

Except Burns has a heart

IMG_1181.GIF

Edited by mjsell

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Also is a regular, pretty much played every year she's been active, except for last year. 2015 on John Peel was great, but there seemed to be an unexpectedly high concentration of middle aged dads singing along every word.

It was rather interesting how many middle aged men were losing their shit dancing and families in with their kids also losing their shit. 

CharliXCX was one of my favourite but completely unexpected acts. Would be all over that if she's there. 

55 minutes ago, Keithy said:

He can't be human, he does not have a heart.

On another note, I quite like that Dua Lipa. Be the One is an ace tune.

10 hours ago, merago said:

Haha, good effort @Acid_Haze.  That lineup is far too efests friendly though - the Radio 1 crowd would be handing their tickets back.  

Also, haven't Aphex Twin, Orbital and American Football been ruled out already?

I actually looked at the past 3 posters and added up all the top 40 singles that have come from the artists in them and this poster had an average of the 3 (very very nerdy I know). Though Ed Sheeran made up for most of them on this poster. I wanted to put The Weeknd in it however that would have made it above average and a little too commercial.

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

I actually looked at the past 3 posters and added up all the top 40 singles that have come from the artists in them and this poster had an average of the 3 (very very nerdy I know). Though Ed Sheeran made up for most of them on this poster. I wanted to put The Weeknd in it however that would have made it above average and a little too commercial.

Edit the dates and switch around some of the acts who can't play for whatever reason with others - I very much enjoy watching the Glasto Chat people losing their shit whenever one of these surfaces (which they always do, to every one of them).

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

If you saw all the middle aged dads at Hinds and Alvvays, you wouldn't have been surprised.

Speaking of Hinds, they're currently recording and have a few festival dates already lined up for the summer. Probably unlikely for an immediate return, but I'd love it if they did turn up again. They said how much fun they were having as punters from the stage this year, so I suppose they might want to return. Fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, Perks said:

Flogging Molly (disappointing as it is for me) im pretty sure are out. Germany and France. Least they got some uk tour dates for the post Glastonbury come down. Really fancied them to be back this year though.

If you're interested in flogging molly, I've heard you need to get up to the stone circle.

Edited by stuartbert two hats