Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but The Courteeners have sold 50,000 tickets in manchester for their gig at Old Trafford.

50,000.... fuck me - do they fill academies anywhere else?

Yeah but I get the feeling they're full of expatriated or travelling Mancs. They do arenas in Leeds and Liverpool for instance.

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but The Courteeners have sold 50,000 tickets in manchester for their gig at Old Trafford.

50,000.... fuck me - do they fill academies anywhere else?

New Order never managed that many at the cricket club even with an insanely good under card.

3 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Don't do this to me.

Also Flogging Molly touring around Glasto!

Flogging Molly (disappointing as it is for me) im pretty sure are out. Germany and France. Least they got some uk tour dates for the post Glastonbury come down. Really fancied them to be back this year though.

22 minutes ago, Perks said:

Flogging Molly (disappointing as it is for me) im pretty sure are out. Germany and France. Least they got some uk tour dates for the post Glastonbury come down. Really fancied them to be back this year though.

Ah, I didn't see the European dates :(

Also Miike Snow are ace and were great in 2010. Long overdue a return visit to the farm 

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah but I get the feeling they're full of expatriated or travelling Mancs. They do arenas in Leeds and Liverpool for instance.

Dunno, I remember seeing they'd sold out a night in Norwich on their last tour which seems a bit far to travel even for their fans. They do have some faint popularity in the rest of the country - when they headlined the tent at Reading a couple of years back it was 75% full - but probably not more than any other forgettable mid-2000s indie landfill, and probably not enough to keep them going without the Northern obsessives.

Edited by Zac Quinn

2 hours ago, merago said:

Haha, good effort @Acid_Haze.  That lineup is far too efests friendly though - the Radio 1 crowd would be handing their tickets back.  

Really? Blossoms, Stormzy, Wiley, Circa Waves, London Grammar, Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, The XX, Royal Blood, Emeli Sande, BBK, Lorde, Ragin' Bin Man, Craig David, Clean Bandit, Dua Lipa, Imagine Dragons.. if anything I'd say there's more Radio 1-friendly stuff on there than usual :P

Edited by Zac Quinn

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Really? Blossoms, Stormzy, Wiley, Circa Waves, London Grammar, Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, The XX, Royal Blood, Emeli Sande, BBK, Lorde, Ragin' Bin Man, Craig David, Clean Bandit, Dua Lipa, Imagine Dragons.. if anything I'd say there's more Radio 1-friendly stuff on there than usual :P

16lup1200pxwideab.png

Compare that to Coldplay, Adele, Disclosure, Ellie Goulding, Skepta, The 1975, Annie Mac, Stormzy, Jess Glynne, Bring Me the Horizon, Foals, Fatboy Slim, The Lumineers, Lady Leshurr, Jack Garratt, Alungeorge, CHVRCHES, Wolf Alice, Of Monsters and Men and Jake Bugg and it's about the same. 

Edited by Alex DeLarge