Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Anybody willing to pay those prices has surely already got (or at least heard) the album though!? A hollow gesture in an attempt to cover up just how ridiculous the pricing is I feel.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Metallica.

If Gaga does indeed play, what are the chances of Metallica (or some of Metallica) joining her onstage? Lars has already said he'll be there and I could see him and Hetfield being willing to do something. 

Just a thought.

Oh and you can spare me the jokes about the Grammy performance. Too obvious.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Re: Metallica.

If Gaga does indeed play, what are the chances of Metallica (or some of Metallica) joining her onstage? Lars has already said he'll be there and I could see him and Hetfield being willing to do something. 

Just a thought.

Oh and you can spare me the jokes about the Grammy performance. Too obvious.

Nah I don't see it. Lars will there as a punter only and I don't think Gaga's already compact set needs to be invaded by a baffling Metallica cameo. Besides, if Gaga's there I want it to be pure Gaga and I assume she'd want the same, not playing Moth Into Flame or whatever.

47 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Metallica Euro dates announced. £96.25 ex fees etc for standing in London.

Seems they've crossed over to the dark side with the rest of the tier 1 acts. They were sort of the last ones. Kinda done now with big overpriced stadium gigs. Can't really see myself going to another one again. Just glad I've seen these acts before when it wasn't silly money. 

I heard that! Been lucky to catch everyone I wanted to see either at festivals or cheaper shows. £100 for a gig is silly money. As Floorfiller said there was a time when you'd get big support acts for big bands.....that idea seems to have been fucked off too.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Metallica Euro dates announced. £96.25 ex fees etc for standing in London.

Seems they've crossed over to the dark side with the rest of the tier 1 acts. They were sort of the last ones. Kinda done now with big overpriced stadium gigs. Can't really see myself going to another one again. Just glad I've seen these acts before when it wasn't silly money. 

Scumbags.

We already know Lars is a nobhead so this isn't news mind...

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Don't promote stubhub on here!!!

Twickets, gumtree, dice or scarlet mist fair enough but bloody hell man. 

People tout on Gumtree as well bloody hell man!

Has anyone used that SeeTickets exchange thing yet? Apparently they're doing fan-to-fan exchange at FV-ish. Wanna try it but then I'll lose my tickets to stuff.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

£47 is decent? Fuck me, what's expensive for an academy gig then?

It is considering it's a rarity for them to be here, if they toured here every 2/3 years I'd say £30/35 max but remember some acts that tour here often that charged £35 a few ago are now charging £45/50+ for gigs. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

It is considering it's a rarity for them to be here, if they toured here every 2/3 years I'd say £30/35 max but remember some acts that tour here often that charged £35 a few ago are now charging £45/50+ for gigs. 

They were over here last year. Not touring very often doesn't give you a right to charge more anyway. £47 is insane imo, Pixies at the Apollo a few months ago for example was a tenner less than that and they're a bigger act easily. I'd quite like to see Weezer but I imagine only huge fans will be up for paying that.

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

They were over here last year. Not touring very often doesn't give you a right to charge more anyway. £47 is insane imo, Pixies at the Apollo a few months ago for example was a tenner less than that and they're a bigger act easily. I'd quite like to see Weezer but I imagine only huge fans will be up for paying that.

They are a bigger act technically yes but the bigger ticket seller/more in demand I would question, plus it's not hard to see Pixies and yes Weezer were for one Brixton and one Manchester Academy date, their 1st English dates in 5 years and it was 2 July dates before that, Reading exclusive in 2010 and that was it for 5 years before.

I'm not saying it does give the right but they are intimate dates from a band that could easily do bigger gigs.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Has anyone used that SeeTickets exchange thing yet? Apparently they're doing fan-to-fan exchange at FV-ish. Wanna try it but then I'll lose my tickets to stuff.

I've seen the link when I've been looking for gigs that have unfortunately sold out. Thing is its not particularly well publicised so I don't think anyone really thinks to use it, and so I've never actually had any luck even finding anything decent for sale. 

DICE do a similar thing (supposedly, I've never used it) where you can return your ticket if the gig sells out & the offer it to someone on the waitlist. I guess that works better as people waiting get a notification and stuff. 

23 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They are a bigger act technically yes but the bigger ticket seller/more in demand I would question, plus it's not hard to see Pixies and yes Weezer were for one Brixton and one Manchester Academy date, their 1st English dates in 5 years and it was 2 July dates before that, Reading exclusive in 2010 and that was it for 5 years before.

I'm not saying it does give the right but they are intimate dates from a band that could easily do bigger gigs.

I didn't realise they come over that irregularly tbf. Can see how there are people dying to see them then.

13 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I've seen the link when I've been looking for gigs that have unfortunately sold out. Thing is its not particularly well publicised so I don't think anyone really thinks to use it, and so I've never actually had any luck even finding anything decent for sale. 

DICE do a similar thing (supposedly, I've never used it) where you can return your ticket if the gig sells out & the offer it to someone on the waitlist. I guess that works better as people waiting get a notification and stuff. 

The DICE thing works really well. You get a text saying you have an hour or so to book the tickets that have come up, if you don't they go to the next people on the waiting list. It sorted me out for Death Grips a few months ago, great service.

3 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Oh I know about the DICE thing but See whomps DICE for the number of gigs on it and number of people using it so I'm jus' interested in See rolling it out. Says it's FV but they get a 5% fee which is fair with the service.

16 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I didn't realise they come over that irregularly tbf. Can see how there are people dying to see them then.

The DICE thing works really well. You get a text saying you have an hour or so to book the tickets that have come up, if you don't they go to the next people on the waiting list. It sorted me out for Death Grips a few months ago, great service.

For that I set my alarm for one minute to, used Apple Pay (so a thumbprint) to pay for it and went back to sleep. Probably the easiest ticket buying experience anyone has been involved in.

11 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

And Twickets add fees onto the buyer too!

Twickets gotta eat fam.