Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

5 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Missed Sleigh Bells this time too - and I was hoping Passion Pit would be nailed on too, preferably mid-afternoon on the Park.

Right, here's a thought - which three obligatory nineties bands/artists with little commercial relevance today are going to be there? Money on The Bluetones as one of them.

Dodgy bound to be there as well.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Missed Sleigh Bells this time too - and I was hoping Passion Pit would be nailed on too, preferably mid-afternoon on the Park.

Right, here's a thought - which three obligatory nineties bands/artists with little commercial relevance today are going to be there? Money on The Bluetones as one of them.

Shame about Sleigh Bells, but I'd be very happy with the Bluetones. Saw them last year, tremendous fun.

On 3/6/2017 at 9:10 AM, eFestivals said:

... Kraftwerk ....

word I'm hearing is that there's no festies for Kraftwerk this year.

i can't give a 100% guarantee about that - so i might end up being wrong - tho i have had some info which via logic says they won't be.

I believe that info enough to remove them from the rumours.

Edited by eFestivals

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i can't give a 100% guarantee about that - so i might end up being wrong - tho i have had some info which via logic says they won't be.

:( horrible news

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they are doing a 3-d show for this tour. Perhaps the setup just wouldnt work in festivals.

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Disappointing, but may be logical if their 3D show isn't really as effective outdoors compared to indoors gigs. 

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Disappointing, but may be logical if their 3D show isn't really as effective outdoors compared to indoors gigs. 

They tried it at latitude a few years ago I think with the 3D show. With reviews been positive but i imagine they are the type of band if they aren't 100% happy they wont do it

if true makes me even more glad I have tickets for the Sheffield show 

1 hour ago, jonday81 said:

Dodgy bound to be there as well.

LOOKING OUT FOR THE SUMMER.

They're playing the Star Shaped Shows with Bluetones shortly after, when i think about it.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Shame about Sleigh Bells, but I'd be very happy with the Bluetones. Saw them last year, tremendous fun.

Not seen Bluetones themselves but saw Mark Morriss at a pub gig last autumn that was pretty fun - he played Rio which was pretty hilarious.

50 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Damnit. There goes one out of the window.

13 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Suppositories?

Heh. Not that belt.

*second swing at pitiful joke*

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that might be part of it, tho it's not all of it from what I've heard.

They're doing other festivals, going by their tour dates. Do they ask for too much money? Woulda thought that might be a sticking point.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They're doing other festivals, going by their tour dates. Do they ask for too much money? Woulda thought that might be a sticking point.

yep, the doing other festivals thing fits with what I've heard that logically works out as no UK festies.

(I should have said UK festies to be fully accurate).

Money may or may not be a sticking point for glasto if they were open to doing festies, but i know they've spurned festie offers this year before the convo has got to money.

I'm not a fan, just pondering if there someone we haven't seen coming, particularly with regards to WH.

That said, I'd probably be there - comes a point when, even if you've not particularly sought them out, some music just winds up soundtracking your life.  I've probably got more of an emotional connection - however unconsciously forged - to tracks like A View to A Kill or Planet Earth than I do to the music of most of the likely Pyramid or Other Stage headliners.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm not a fan, just pondering if there someone we haven't seen coming, particularly with regards to WH.

That said, I'd probably be there - comes a point when, even if you've not particularly sought them out, some music just winds up soundtracking your life.  I've probably got more of an emotional connection - however unconsciously forged - to tracks like A View to A Kill or Planet Earth than I do to the music of most of the likely Pyramid or Other Stage headliners.

Duran Duran great fun live. If they were Sunday night West Holts, I'd be all over them like Simon le Bon is over pies these days.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Equally did Grace Jones ever get ruled out? I know she has been discussed before and seems a good fit for WH, plus she's definitely around in the summer.