Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The National's gig is at a festival that their guitarist is organising in August. I believe they're nearly finished their new album so the unannounced shows are probably later in the year. I'd say there's almost no chance that they'll be at Glastonbury unfortunately.

Dude pls. I mean, you're right, obviously. But don't say it.

I'm desperate for a bit of good news for this year, seems it's only been shitty act after shitty act announcing. Really want a a really good big act to announce that isn't someone like Craig David but all we seem to be getting is the good ones ruling themselves out :( or announcing as festival exclusives for other festivals.

Edited by Acid_Haze

Horses for courses innit, personally I'm quite happy with what I've got so far. Radiohead confirmed. Avalanches, The xx, Angel Olsen and Solange all TBC. The likes of Royal Blood and Justice looking more likely that not, I'm pretty happy with that before first poster day.

4 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Afghan Whigs please!

I think I saw on Twitter that they're doing a festival in Denmark early July which is good.

Saw them at Manchester Cathedral a couple of years ago and they were great, mid Park/JP would be perfect.

12 minutes ago, Neondrift said:

Mac DeMarco are touring then but I think they're an exclusive UK slot for EOTR Fest

He also played last year (was brilliant in JPT...), so a return after just a year would be unlikely. And yes, that EOTR slot is billed as his only UK festival set.

Ben

Whitney would be a cracking addition. Saw them at Koko and they nailed it. Agree with FloorFiller about vocals sounding shaky in some online videos; can't say I noticed it at the gig we went to. Julien Ehrlich (drummer/lead) was great fun with the band proper tight; he was swigging from a bottle of red wine for the whole gig so that may have helped ;-)

12 hours ago, jonday81 said:

What do we reckon are the chances of The Prodigy playing? They seem to be all over Europe this summer.

Think they are all over the place most Summers. From what I remember someone said there's only 1 night they could possibly do and would mean going back and forth to Europe, so unlikely unfortunately.

Travi$ Scott is on at Wireless Germany on 25 June and Tinderbox in Belgium 24th June. In Feb he popped up on stage with Drake in London (and promptly fell off it!) and  with The Weeknd in Paris. Friday afternoon rap slot on West Holts?

On 04/03/2017 at 0:46 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Horses for courses innit, personally I'm quite happy with what I've got so far. Radiohead confirmed. Avalanches, The xx, Angel Olsen and Solange all TBC. The likes of Royal Blood and Justice looking more likely that not, I'm pretty happy with that before first poster day.

Indeed, plus the fact we know Radiohead and Avalanches aren't clashing. Two of my favourite acts, would have been gutted to have had to choose.

Also I like the prospect of the poster dropping without us knowing in advance what 80% of the line up is. From memory there weren't too many major surprises, only Beck and Sigur Ros I think? As it stands everything is up in the air, with no real solid information on Pyramid subs/Other headliners. Or any headliners away from the Pyramid really.

Edited by kingbadger