Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

56 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Maccabees playing dates In Brum and Newcastle on the Friday and Saturday of the festival now. Maybe there is a chance they will close the John Peel on Sunday, but slightly less optimistic than I was before this announcement. 

I wouldn't be shocked, they would go up against Gaga on the Other stage quite well. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They're going to have every day off soon. Get them out there!

Travelling down from the north East,stopping off Sunday at Glasto before a day off and the start of the London shows.

keep the faith

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

what would be in it for them though? Glastonbury isn't a paycheck, it's usually about exposure. not sure they really need the exposure if they're calling it quits a week later?

All the Goan fish curries they can eat

8 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

what would be in it for them though? Glastonbury isn't a paycheck, it's usually about exposure. not sure they really need the exposure if they're calling it quits a week later?

Depends how they feel about Glastonbury, and whether they want the opportunity to play there one last time. 

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Not sure whos worse between Mumfords and Fleet Foxes. 

Can't think of 1 major festival with a decent line up this year? Theres too many, Similar to 6-7 years ago when a lot of them went tits up. 

EOTR is the only UK one so far this year that I've thought looked particularly good. Everything else has been patchy at best. 

Few good line ups in Europe again right enough, particularly Wercher and whatever that one posted yesterday with Radiohead and Frank Ocean headlining was. 

I can only put this down to #BREXIT 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
Predictive text fail

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Massively underwheming from Latitude, that. It's only Green Man and EOTR who've got anything approaching a decent lineup this year, i reckon.

The latitude lineup is awful. That was going to be my go to if I don't get glasto tickets, not anymore. How can fleet foxes headline. I liked them when they were around 5 years ago but they weren't headline material then so don't know how they are now. 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Yeah, the poster is missing loads of names, for some reason.

http://www.latitudefestival.com/line-up

Thanks - how strange that they didn't include the names on the poster. Might have made the announcement a little less underwhelming.

Fingers crossed Sylvan Esso turn up. Would take a live Mount Kimbie set as well. 

I'm definitely echoing the festival saturation talk.

There are so many events these days I just don't see how they can all survive. All our festival group agree that that latitude lineup is dire. If you want that kind of thing I would probably go for Wilderness instead.

There aren't any other large UK festivals I would consider going to this year apart from glastonbury. I will be getting my kicks at Primavera, bluedot, port eliot and Lost Village though. And only going to bluedot because its a freebie.

Primavera is the strongest large European festival this year I would say. Thankfully the small / medium / boutique event is still strong across the country but it feels like some of those could flop too. I definitely think people have had enough of mega-festivals now as you don't get the same customer experience as you do at the smaller ones. Unless you REALLY like the headliners they can be very hard to justify.

Edited by Memory Man

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I'm definitely echoing the festival saturation talk.

There are so many events these days I just don't see how they can all survive. All our festival group agree that that latitude lineup is dire. If you want that kind of thing I would probably go for Wilderness instead.

There aren't any other large UK festivals I would consider going to this year apart from glastonbury. I will be getting my kicks at Primavera, bluedot, port eliot and Lost Village though. And only going to bluedot because its a freebie.

Primavera is the strongest large European festival this year I would say. Thankfully the small / medium / boutique event is still strong across the country but it feels like some of those could flop too. I definitely think people have had enough of mega-festivals now as you don't get the same customer experience as you do at the smaller ones. Unless you REALLY like the headliners they can be very hard to justify.

Without a doubt. Go back only a few years and Reading and V festival sold out within hours, now they are desperately trying to flog tickets weeks beforehand. Glastonbury is a massive anomaly because it's simply amazing and I can't see demand dropping for that for the foreseeable, if you want to go to a big festival then Glastonbury will give you everything you want and more, whereas Reading and V Festival are essentially a group of stages and bars in a field with the same acts being rotated every few years. I think people have had enough of that, and things have diversified so much into so many smaller little boutique festivals that there are just too many to meet demand now. There aren't enough acts to go round for every festival to have a good enough lineup to shift enough tickets and keep people interested.

Is Goldfrapp not being an exclusive at Latitude a good sign for them showing up at G or do they already have a UK festival date I've forgotten about?

edit: Oh wait they're at that Radio 6 thing aren't they? Bah.

edit: And Bluedot. Argh. 

Edited by FloorFiller