Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I haven't seen an act late on in the JP at all but people were saying the sound last year was brilliant. Agree that the Park is a great stage, though.

Well...

I have to say that the sound for my beloved Sigur Ros was a game of alternating halves. There was clearly an issue with the set-up/mix of one of Georg's two basses. He pretty much alternated between the two instruments song to song, so every other song sounded like crap, I'm afraid. Just horrible reverberation through the PA that very subtly changes the pitch so that it's about a quarter tone (or less) out of tune. If you have a decent ear (and, sorry, I do), that is like torture!

Saying that, I also saw EITS and the sound was good, and Mac Demarco for whom the sound was very good. So yes, I think JPT has shaken off much of its historical bashing for sound quality.

Still want Bonobo on the Park, mind...

;)

Ben

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

Will's lineup is terrific. Great job dude. I'd bite your hand off for that lineup. 

The xx then Flaming Lips would be an awesome end to the festival.

That Sunday doesn't do anything at all for me.

In 2011, before the last fallow, they pulled QOTSA out of nowhere for the Sunday night closer. I'm hoping they do the same with NIN this year. Or failing that, Green Day.

1 minute ago, Lubic87 said:

In 2011, before the last fallow, they pulled QOTSA out of nowhere for the Sunday night closer. I'm hoping they do the same with NIN this year. Or failing that, Green Day.

Got everything crossed for this to happen. I mean, it won't happen.. but.. maybe!? They're touring at least and have no UK dates/festivals lined up. Would make my festival.

26 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just horrible reverberation through the PA that very subtly changes the pitch so that it's about a quarter tone (or less) out of tune. If you have a decent ear (and, sorry, I do), that is like torture!

Haha, I really enjoyed this sentence. I'm not sure why people think there are music snobs around here, we clearly all have decent ears and thus make our opinions far more worthy. 

22 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Can't argue with that. NIN is the dream, but I've just given up hope. With Sheeran set for the Sunday, the Other headline slot is begging for something along those lines. I'd be devestated to miss the Lips (assuming they're in the slot Will suggests), but NIN at Glastonbury would be unmissable.