Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

21 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

The current iteration of Beach Boys would be a disappointing booking for me. Mike Love is a complete jackwagon who kicked most of the original members out of the band with the exception of a brief reunion tour in 2012. If you ignore all that, it'dd still be a fun singalong, but definitely not the same

The value of our Beach Boys set may go down as well as up <_<

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Other than Mike love, is it just session musicians these days?

Bruce Johnston. And Jeff Foskett I suppose, who also plays in Brians band a lot. Played at Glasto 05 with him and was his musical director of sorts.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

We need to get Russy one of those hats.

I bought one. I'll bring it with me. May wear it at the gig if they play. 

New documentary in April will be worth a watch

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

CjwCqASUgAA_Tv3.jpg

Making Glastonbury Great Again

devastated to see my dream of Brian Wilson/Al Jardine/Blondie Chaplin do "Pet Sounds" in full on the Pyramid Field in fact be "Brian Love's Beach Boys". I missed all of the Pet Sounds gigs of the past year.... I despise the man above (both of them) so much I'll probably have to avoid the spectacle

sort of feels like last year's post from a friend of a "neighbor of one of The Pretenders" (supposedly) when it was The Proclaimers (I don't despise The Proclaimers like I do Mike Love, but was fully expecting The Pretenders)

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

seems it's not Brian for Glasto after all - I've had what I believe is accurate info on that.

So if the other info is correct, it looks like it's the Beach Boys after all - which is actually what the guy said, anyway. It was me that decided it must be Brian.

that's a real heart breaker...:(

speaking of which, why is Frank Ocean still on the rumours page Neil? Did you hear anything?

I thought he's only playing two UK festivals this year (Lovebox and Parklife) as stated on the press release for lovebox?

So where would Mike Love's Beach Boys play? Assuming our current Sunday (only day they can play, yes?) Pyramid Stage looks like this:

Foo Fighters/Ed Sheeran

???

???

Diana Ross

Barry Gibb

Third down? Or 5th down with Gibb in 3rd? Any stage they could play other than Pyramid? Neil's info was specifically for Pyramid anyway, wasn't it?

Edit: I guess having Diana Ross/The Beach Boys/Barry Gibb taking the 3rd-5th slots would overcome the weakness of Kaiser Chiefs subbing.

Edited by Will-2609

Just now, Will-2609 said:

So where would Mike Love's Beach Boys play? Assuming our current Sunday (only day they can play, yes?) Pyramid Stage looks like this:

Foo Fighters/Ed Sheeran

???

???

Diana Ross

Barry Gibb

Third down? Or 5th down with Gibb in 3rd? Any stage they could play other than Pyramid? Neil's info was specifically for Pyramid anyway, wasn't it?

yep.

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm not up to speed with the Beach Boys vs Brian Wilson situation, why is the former such a disappointment? 

I know nothing about the Beach Boys but from what I can gather, just 2 original members left, one of whom is a dickhead who sacked the rest of the band, and they're not very good.

37 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Beach Boys can only play Sunday.

looking at their site now, Spain Thurs, Spain Sat, are they really up to Worthy Farm for Sun, and then back down to Italy on the tues?

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Well....realistically it's no more of a covers band than Brian's lot - but he's the heart and soul of the band so the tide of affection flows his way, whereas M-Lovvle is pretty much pantomime villain. 

Brian's been touring with Al Jardine/Blondie Chaplin so i'll take his cover band over M-Lovvie's, along with Pet Sounds being his toy really

Just now, tevaburger said:

Brian's been touring with Al Jardine/Blondie Chaplin so i'll take his cover band over M-Lovvie's, along with Pet Sounds being his toy really

I'd take Brian too, but let's call it 2 actual Beach Boys in Mike's band and 2.25 in Brian's.  Blondie's interlude at the Pet Sounds show I saw mostly just baffled the audience.

10 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

looking at their site now, Spain Thurs, Spain Sat, are they really up to Worthy Farm for Sun, and then back down to Italy on the tues?

I've gotta say it's not really what i'd expect, but it's not impossible and it's not like they have to ship a full-touring set-up over, just their instruments.

The info i've had is supposedly well-sourced, and my thinking on it is that it's very likely to be correct - tho I am taking a bit of a leap in the dark with that. 

24 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

Seems so. Hectic schedule. Their dates from London on May 18th to June 30th for example. 30 gigs in 6 weeks in a dozen countries or more. Only 1 night off every fortnight ish in some cases.

Bristol to Rome on a flight is no further than the distance between some of their US and Euro journeys. Which I presume is via coach. 

Don't forget how much of a money hungry c**t Mike Love is. Hes all over that BBC exposure. 

Edited by The Nal