Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

37 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Surely you know I'm bored too. 

By my general waffling? You're a sweetheart.

31 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Those three traits alone emphasise my point, alongside the fact that this could be his final tour. Putting it into perspective, I don't think it's any different to Paul Weller subbing The Who, Jack White subbing Metallica or Nick Cave subbing Mumford & Sons in fact I'd say arguably Iggy transcends the size, popularity and achievements of all three. I only listed the first, more popular songs that came to mind. There are more, and you would know them, and he'd be flipping ace. 

As you say though, being the medical miracle he is, he'll probably outlive us all and still be touring in 2037...

Fair points one and all. I'll concede defeat on this one ;)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Another European festival for Whitney. Their european shows end on June 18th in Germany, with their next show on the 14th July In the US. Pretty hopeful from that.

The album is great, but live I'm really not sure they're up to much.  A singing drummer, sat front and centre of the stage, and the rest of the band not moving around much either, does not a great spectacle make.  His voice sounds really weedy (probably because he's having to play the drums, tbf).  And they all look annoyingly smug.  Eg:

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Those three traits alone emphasise my point, alongside the fact that this could be his final tour. Putting it into perspective, I don't think it's any different to Paul Weller subbing The Who, Jack White subbing Metallica or Nick Cave subbing Mumford & Sons in fact I'd say arguably Iggy transcends the size, popularity and achievements of all three. I only listed the first, more popular songs that came to mind. There are more, and you would know them, and he'd be flipping ace. 

As you say though, being the medical miracle he is, he'll probably outlive us all and still be touring in 2037...

End of the day, none of you would have done a prediction before now with Iggy Pop as a Pyramid sub for this year.....so why would it suddenly be your thought now?

Time to get away from bullshit thoughts for the day and see it how it really is. 

I'm digging a lot of that line up, Teenage Fanclub, ECHO AND THE FUCKING BUNNYMEN, Whitney and Spring King would all be welcome additions to the big poster when it drops. Wouldn't even mind seeing Primal Scream again depending where the ended up placed.

Quick question: a couple in our group have been asking about Danny Brown, I've not been keeping tabs, has there been any info making him likely/unlikely?

53 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The album is great, but live I'm really not sure they're up to much.  A singing drummer, sat front and centre of the stage, and the rest of the band not moving around much either, does not a great spectacle make.  His voice sounds really weedy (probably because he's having to play the drums, tbf).  And they all look annoyingly smug.  Eg:

We timed it perfectly at eotr last year, saw the (always excellent) Jeffrey Lewis, went for a drink or two and wandered back to see the end of Whitney's set. All you really need is 'No Woman'. The rest is pretty generic and forgettable.

19 minutes ago, Mardy said:

We timed it perfectly at eotr last year, saw the (always excellent) Jeffrey Lewis, went for a drink or two and wandered back to see the end of Whitney's set. All you really need is 'No Woman'. The rest is pretty generic and forgettable.

I'm also a Jeffrey Lewis fan. City & Eastern Songs is a gem. And the live show is good with the comic books etc.

Whitney definitely have other good songs, which makes their live form all the more disappointing. Get another drummer FFS. That said, I'll be happy to see them in the inevitable afternoon Park slot.

Yeah it's definitely not the real order/figures or whatever but I thought it was another fun way of teasing an announcement. Euro fests are better at that than their UK 'stick some emojis on Snapchat' counterparts. 

I thought Foos at first, but the fest is in August when I think they're gone & it seems like the list of punters with slightly better taste than that.