Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

It's baffled me too. I once stopped dating a girl because she loved Jamiroquai and wouldn't stop playing their music. There comes a point when you realise you are two fundamentally different people :lol:

Thing is, though, it was a lot of people's gateway music into things like Stevie Wonder and Curtis Mayfield. Sure its just an ersatz version of it, but then that's the same way that a lot of people educate themselves musically, so to speak.

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Thing is, though, it was a lot of people's gateway music into things like Stevie Wonder and Curtis Mayfield. Sure its just an ersatz version of it, but then that's the same way that a lot of people educate themselves musically, so to speak.

I agree - I only became a huge Muse fan through listening to a few Radiohead songs.

14 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

That explains the random London date for St Paul and the Broken Bones. 

St Paul also playing Love Supreme Jazz Festival on 2nd July,, got my hopes up but playing Wanderlust Festival in Vermont on 24th June so that rules them out :(

3 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Another Iggy Pop festival show announced this morning. Suikerrock in Belgium at the end of July. Still really hoping for one last appearance at Worthy Farm

I have a feeling Iggy Pop might turn up at this yet to be announced New Order gig in Manchester.

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

Do we know any more about that? 

Assuming its gonna be Heaton Park. Wish they'd hurry up and announce it 

Nothing mate. I only know what I read in the interview that Tom Chapman did in South America. For purely selfish reason I hope it is not Heaton Park as I have booked to go to Munich to watch Depeche Mode on the 9th June. It would leave me with a very tough decision to make.

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If massive means sh#t then yes it is. You're right about virtual insanity. Just as I thought I was sick of hearing return of the space cowboy they brought out something even more annoying. 

Oh man, forgot about Space Cowboy. Cheers.

All that said I cannot 100% rule out seeing them for the novelty value. Probably not if they're on late, though. 

35 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Nothing mate. I only know what I read in the interview that Tom Chapman did in South America. For purely selfish reason I hope it is not Heaton Park as I have booked to go to Munich to watch Depeche Mode on the 9th June. It would leave me with a very tough decision to make.

Ah yeah I suppose it would be the day before Parklife if it were there. Guess it could be at Old Trafford around the time Courteeners do that. 

I'm knew to Manchester so not really sure what the options are. Assuming it would be outside though 

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Ah yeah I suppose it would be the day before Parklife if it were there. Guess it could be at Old Trafford around the time Courteeners do that. 

I'm knew to Manchester so not really sure what the options are. Assuming it would be outside though 

I've not heard anything about this but they could do the Friday before Parklife like Courteeners did the other year 

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

The only way they would get anywhere near filling those venues though is if they announce it as their last ever gig, or last gig in Manchester.

I have just booked to go and watch Depeche in Gelsenkirchen, just in case I have a decision to make.

20 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Aren't these venues a bit big? Last year they played Castlefield Bowl, be a huge step up from that without much actually changing. Unless as mentioned elsewhere it's a last ever gig or last Manc gig

4 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

Aren't these venues a bit big? Last year they played Castlefield Bowl, be a huge step up from that without much actually changing. Unless as mentioned elsewhere it's a last ever gig or last Manc gig

When Courteeners played Heaton Park it was capped a 20k so I think same could happen for New Order and it'd work. Tho that was announced at the end of November the year before, and it was also Courteeners who were always gonna be able to sell that out. If New Order have a large outdoor show to announce anywhere they wanna get a hurry on.

Yeah I do think Castlefield was kinda underselling themselves - they had a very good Glasto slot and headlined Latitude last summer, too. I agree they need to hurry up and announce it though. 

Don't think billing it as a last Manchester gig would do much though. I'm not sure those sort of banners really massively increase sales & most people are aware that they tend to be a bending of the truth now anyway. 

Was talking to someone who works at Bestival last night and he told me Bon Iver asked to play there and was confirmed for the Saturday night until he cancelled all his shows, apparently something to do with serious anxiety and depression issues. He seemed pretty confident Justin wouldn't be over here in the summer, so that would rule out Glastonbury 

5 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Was talking to someone who works at Bestival last night and he told me Bon Iver asked to play there and was confirmed for the Saturday night until he cancelled all his shows, apparently something to do with serious anxiety and depression issues. He seemed pretty confident Justin wouldn't be over here in the summer, so that would rule out Glastonbury 

Thanks for posting this. Really sorry to hear that and hope he gets well soon. After the tour was cancelled I did think Glastonbury was a long shot.

1 hour ago, Callum_96 said:

Damn that's horrible. Was really dissapointed when the tour was cancelled but thought it was probably for reasons such as these. Hope he gets better very soon. 

On 2/10/2017 at 9:22 AM, Untz said:

You just have to #Bjëlieve.

Amazing work here, Untz

21 hours ago, king_oxymoron said:

Briefs? Was so good, they weren't about last year were they? Did the two years previous and were awesome both times!

omg I went and saw Breifs right after Bjork's Hammersmith Apollo show in September! This is a sign!