Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Was struggling to decide who, out of The xx, Gaga, Royal Blood and Elbow, to not have subbing the Pyramid in my prediction, so I'm happy to use this as a reason to bin Elbow off.

Who are you gonna bin off for the Kaiser Chiefs? :P

I agree with Neil in that it looks like it's Pyramid sub or nowt but I'm still expecting them to be there more than not. And if everyone's right about nobody liking Elbow anymore then it should be easy for us all to turn up towards the end and filter in as Guy closes the curtains again.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Who are you gonna bin off for the Kaiser Chiefs? :P

I agree with Neil in that it looks like it's Pyramid sub or nowt but I'm still expecting them to be there more than not. And if everyone's right about nobody liking Elbow anymore then it should be easy for us all to turn up towards the end and filter in as Guy closes the curtains again.

I can't believe so many people readily believed the Kaiser Chiefs thing was happening.

6 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I can't believe so many people readily believed the Kaiser Chiefs thing was happening.

See no reason why not, really, if it is genuinely something wilem heard from someone connected to the band.

If you look at the Radiohead sub thread there are loads of acts being thrown about that might sub because they'll appeal to the same fans or be chosen by the band, despite not being big enough. Kaisers have supported Foos loads and are probably bigger to the shitmunchers than Tame Tame or Beck.

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

See no reason why not, really, if it is genuinely something wilem heard from someone connected to the band.

If you look at the Radiohead sub thread there are loads of acts being thrown about that might sub because they'll appeal to the same fans or be chosen by the band, despite not being big enough. Kaisers have supported Foos loads and are probably bigger to the shitmunchers than Tame Tame or Beck.

Yeah to be fair I also don't think any of those small acts in the Radiohead thread will do it, although with Radiohead apparently having had am input on their sub in the past (I think) and being sort of friends of the festival I can see where people are coming from. I don't see why Foo Fighters would be given any special preference and even if they did I'd expect it to be Royal Blood who have also supported Foos, are active in 2017 and are actually a sub-sized act. If Foos did request Kaiser Chiefs I'd expect them to put them third or fourth down the Pyramid on the same day.

Kaiser Chiefs probably would garner more interest from the Glastonbury crowd than Beck or Tame (Impala) but I doubt they'd be placed above either of them at any festival.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah to be fair I also don't think any of those small acts in the Radiohead thread will do it, although with Radiohead apparently having had am input on their sub in the past (I think) and being sort of friends of the festival I can see where people are coming from. I don't see why Foo Fighters would be given any special preference and even if they did I'd expect it to be Royal Blood who have also supported Foos, are active in 2017 and are actually a sub-sized act. If Foos did request Kaiser Chiefs I'd expect them to put them third or fourth down the Pyramid on the same day.

Kaiser Chiefs probably would garner more interest from the Glastonbury crowd than Beck or Tame (Impala) but I doubt they'd be placed above either of them at any festival.

But who's to say Royal Blood are available, on that date if at all?

The chosen sub thing is mostly conjecture on our side so I don't really know how often it's allocated or who it'd be allocated to but I would think it's fair to say that Pyramid subs don't generally reflect the booking of other major festival subs. So the 'big enough' thing being that they'd play a slot lower - same goes for Elbow here - doesn't really mean a lot. Plus, I don't think anyone ever talks about an act being booked third or fourth down at the request of the headliner.

25 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

People need waking up on that Friday - not sending to sleep.

Joking aside though, given it's a bit of a graveyard slot a more lowkey act might actually work out better than the more "up beat" acts they've tried previously. 

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Guy Garvey's dulcet tones drowned out by the noise of the Efests Radiohead lads still arguing about what song they'll open the set with. 

Nope. 

The din will be caused by the chant about how Daydreaming must NOT be played second. 

16 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Nope. 

The din will be caused by the chant about how Daydreaming must NOT be played second. 

"What do we want?!

"Daydreaming to be played later on in the set!"

"When do we want it?! 

"Later in the set...."

Needs work.