Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JoeyT said:

I'll have a wager with you that they are there...

No you won't, I'm not staking any money on them. If they are I don't see it being as sub, they just aren't that level now and aren't the band to get people up dancing that have taken that slot. Maybe a Other sub slot, it won't be JP headliner now.

Can't see three in a row being a problem for them really as they're fit young lads so fully expect to see them at the fest. It's Elbow I'm talking about by the way. 

Edited by Fingerbobs
Important clarification of act

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

Elbow would be one of the lamest options for Radiohead sub.

I'm massively out of the loop - how likely is it?  

if Elbow are back this year, I reckon it's about certain as there's not really anywhere else to put them.

Tho my take is that this will be a year off for Elbow at Glastonbury.

Edited by eFestivals

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if Elbow are back this year, I reckon it's about certain as there's not really anywhere else to put them.

Tho my take is that this will be a year off for Elbow at Glastonbury.

That's what we like to hear :D Hopefully you're on the money Neil.

I think Elbow could play 3rd down. But with only the Friday as an option and people thinking The XX seem to be favourites for Radiohead sub I really cant see it.
For some that would be the dullest top 3 ever.

No chance they headline other?

Edit: Just realised they can only play Friday so there is definitely no chance of playing Other up against RH.

Edited by mjsell

The xx have to be a sub. Only other possibility is headlining the Other again and given the popularity of Jamie's solo album plus the anticipation of I See You I can't see them treading water. I wouldn't be surprised if the festival view them as a potential future headliner so a move to the Pyramid this year seems like the most likely trajectory. 

Subbing Radiohead seems like the most likely option although I suppose they could sub Ed at a push. Either way it feels like these dates have made it less likely Elbow will play.

Could they maybe open the Other? 

3 minutes ago, Djb.com said:

I can see Elbow subbing radiohead, might be that The XX go as other stage headliners against Foos maybe?

I don't see that now. Now I've heard their new album I'm more set on them subbing pyramid.

It definitely seems it is far more unlikely Elbow aren't playing at all now. Which I'm seeing as a good thing.

2 hours ago, 01seb said:

So Elbowing possibly subbing Radiohead? Or maybe they will be happy to play 3rd down on the Pyramid.

Most don't. But, on average, one or two each year end up playing Glasto.

Paloma Faith played the Pyramid Saturday teatime with forest dates on the Friday and Sunday in 2015