Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

John 'The Fog' Fogerty in Europe in late June with the Saturday free.....

http://www.johnfogerty.com/tour-dates?pg=2

Dunno if he ever does three nights on the bounce though, so actually inclined to think that this may rule him out.

I'd only seen the Spain date. Can't imagine him doing three nights across Europe at his age. That's a shame.

On 1/13/2017 at 2:10 PM, Bradders said:

Metronomy's new album is the first of theirs (since the instrumental debut) that has been a bit meh. Love Letters and English Riviera were both absolutely fantastic. Nights Out has great singles it on it too. Put it all together and they're so much fun live.

Summer 08 is a bit light, but he did say that was intentionally the case, he just cranked out an album he thought would be fun. Coming on the back of the magnificently maudlin Love Letters it didn't meet my expectations... but it had Robyn on it so it's a 10/10. Nights Out, English Rivera and Love Letters are all excellent, and I'm hoping the next album will be more like those, because the band will be back in full swing then, rather than it being Joe on his own making an album he has no intention of playing live.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

John 'The Fog' Fogerty in Europe in late June with the Saturday free.....

http://www.johnfogerty.com/tour-dates?pg=2

Dunno if he ever does three nights on the bounce though, so actually inclined to think that this may rule him out.

I would love to see Fogerty play, he's one of the few remaining on my tick list of bands to see before I'd die happy. Obviously I'd prefer to see Credence in full but at this point I'm happy enough to get what I can.

Would be a great addition. 

8 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

currently in a 'virtual queue to ensure fair access to tickets' for U2

code for 'all the tickets have already been put on our secondary sites by us' most likely

Funny you should say that, as viagogo and stub hub have dozens of tickets on there already most over £200 each

Edited by buddiepaul

I didn't get anywhere now sold out

noticed ticketmaster seem keen to direct me to getmein...... several tickets on there and all the other secondary sites.

Either sold out on the u2 presale or straight on there looks like. Heres hoping for second night

edit: removed search option now, so all in for second night although looking unlikely! I know Twickers can only do limited extra events over the summer

Edited by mungo57

9 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I didn't get anywhere now sold out

noticed ticketmaster seem keen to direct me to getmein...... several tickets on there and all the other secondary sites.

Either sold out on the u2 presale or straight on there looks like. Heres hoping for second night

edit: removed search option now, so all in for second night although looking unlikely! I know Twickers can only do limited extra events over the summer

I saw that they prematurely leaked a second date in France the other day. Would expect similar provisions for London if poss.

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Am I right in thinking bands don't tend to do forest shows and festivals? They'd need to be Friday now as they have forest shows Saturday Sunday 

They don't tend to, but a lot of the time it's because the band is inappropes, I would say. Guy Garvey did forestry dates - the exact same forests, even - last year and still made it to the farm. Just narrows down the day I suppose.

Edited by dentalplan

So Elbowing possibly subbing Radiohead? Or maybe they will be happy to play 3rd down on the Pyramid.

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Am I right in thinking bands don't tend to do forest shows and festivals? They'd need to be Friday now as they have forest shows Saturday Sunday 

Most don't. But, on average, one or two each year end up playing Glasto.