• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Trying to work out if it's just as cheap to fly to Dublin or Amsterdam 

Think I will just see what I end up with 

Makes sense.

if you leave as the band finish and you're on the right side of the stadium the walk is much less. You could be on a train from the stadium half hour after the gig best case I reckon 

1 hour ago, plaskins said:

http://www.lesardentes.be/festival/fr/news/2017/01/10/julien-dore-liam-gallagher-chinese-man-le-dimanche-aux-ardentes-2017

Placebo, Liam Gallagher, Julien Dore, Mac Miller and a Chinese man booked for this on in Belgium in July.

Never seen Placebo live, would be chuffed if they end up on the bill. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

from memory, aren't they exclusive to BST?

I'm pretty sure there's a reason why I'm thinking they definitely aren't doing Glastonbury this year.

Knew there would be a reason it wasn't being mentioned!!

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

this is that festival, same weekend as Glastonbury, would like to see Jimmy Eat World and Die Antwoord play

They're both doing Hurricane/Southside so they'll either be unlikely or impossible depending on what days they're doing where. Shame as I'd like Die Antwoord to show up as well.

Wonder if Travis Scott could show up. He's getting pretty big nowadays and I'm not sure how much trap they've had at Glasto so might be something new.

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bet Placebo could clean up if they started doing mid-sized UK festivals. No real place for them at major ones anymore, and I guess that's why they've not done any in nearly a decade.

I assume they'd want the dark, and I think they'd make a great JPT headliner, much like Suede a couple of years ago. Doubt it'll ever happen though, but then again the whole point of this tour is to revisit the songs they were no longer playing live, so maybe they're reconsidering other things like UK festivals.

50 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

If Placebo are ever going to play again, this is surely the year. But given they seem to avoid UK festivals these days, I'm not holding my breath.

Playing before NIN on the Saturday night is the dream.

There isn't a chance they would get an Other sub position which is what I take from this, JP headliner now if anything but I don't see it.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

this is that festival, same weekend as Glastonbury, would like to see Jimmy Eat World and Die Antwoord play

u8spSrM.png

Gogol Bordello and JEW from that but JEW are completely booked that weekend I believe and Gogol probably very slim. PSB basically a cert I'd imagine, probably Lukas Graham, maybe Die Antwoord but don't care for either of the 3.

Placebo have gone out of their comfort zone and played in daylight before so I don't think they'd be averse to it.

6dacd2f6fdd966dcbd8c8590708b0a7c.jpg

They were quite good from what I recall, just realised this means I may have seen Queens of the Stoneage but may have stayed by the tents and missed them again.

Anyway, the best band of the day were Terrorvision, I'd love them to crop up somewhere at Glastonbury, they still put on a bloody good show.

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

That shouldn't be the case. A huge amount of effort was put into trying to NOT make that the case.

One of the things I know they've done to try and stop a sound-bounce into a focused point is to make the glass of the boxes all face in slightly different directions, so it doesn't all focus down to one point - as that's what the old Wembley did.

As @Tommy101 said, it varies. I was there for the League Cup final last year and it was earbreakingly loud throughout, but at the FA Cup semi 10 months before that it felt deathly quiet from only a few rows further back. And if anything the Villa fans put in more effort than the Man City ones. Really weird

Edited by Zac Quinn

Could see Placebo playing. Probably headlining JP or 3rd down on Other, subbing Other at a push (especially considering the greatest hits set lists currently). They are in Czech Republic on the Monday after Glasto, so could see them popping in on Friday or Saturday.

Also, could The Killers be considered for a sub on the Pyramid? They are playing that Tinderbox festival in Denmark on the Thursday, with the rest of the weekend free currently. I'd love to see them sub Foo's on Sunday, perfect for that spot imo. They seem like they are kind of in between headliner and sub to me. Maybe they would be keen to do Glasto though (they subbed RHCP a couple years ago at an Aussie festival, so not impossible that they'd settle for sub at Glasto). 

Edited by 01seb