Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Bon Iver?

Kind of resigned myself to thewayiam's theory about him being unavailable being proven true. But yeah he/they could be a spanner in the works, as could Nine Inch Nails or someone. I'd certainly be willing to sacrifice Alt-J for either of those though.

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

Kind of resigned myself to thewayiam's theory about him being unavailable being proven true. But yeah he/they could be a spanner in the works, as could Nick Cave or Nine Inch Nails or someone. I'd certainly be willing to sacrifice Alt-J for any of those though.

Nick Cave in America and a Reznor interview posted somewhere on this forum today said NIN won't be bringing their new stuff to live dates anytime soon.

I agree with you on Frank Ocean and The Weeknd, especially with those posters Parklife had up, and The Weeknd doing Wireless in another country.

For me the most likely 6 would be The xx, Gaga, Royal Blood, Elbow, alt-J, Bon Iver. But then I can't see any of them being placed against Radiohead so I don't know really.

21 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Nick Cave in America and a Reznor interview posted somewhere on this forum today said NIN won't be bringing their new stuff to live dates anytime soon.

I agree with you on Frank Ocean and The Weeknd, especially with those posters Parklife had up, and The Weeknd doing Wireless in another country.

For me the most likely 6 would be The xx, Gaga, Royal Blood, Elbow, alt-J, Bon Iver. But then I can't see any of them being placed against Radiohead so I don't know really.

Yes that's partly why I'm so certain Paolo Nutini will be there, none of the others clashing with RH would make much sense. Apart from Gaga and realistically they aren't going to risk putting her on the Other, particularly when it's (sadly) possible Radiohead will draw a small-ish crowd.

Edited by Zac Quinn

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yes that's partly why I'm so certain Paolo Nutini will be there, none of the others clashing with RH would make much sense. Apart from Gaga and realistically they aren't going to risk putting her on the Other, particularly when it's (sadly) possible Radiohead will draw a small-ish crowd.

I just hope they don't give Elbow such a prominent slot again in the spirit of mixing things up a little bit, but that Irish date on the Wednesday looks ominous.

This would be a very good, balanced top of the lineup, but I see Elbow coming in and boring it up (I don't dislike Elbow but it'd be a boring af booking):

Radiohead -- The xx

The Prodigy/The Weeknd/Paolo Nutini

Ed Sheeran -- Lady Gaga

alt-J

Foo Fighters -- Royal Blood

Bon Iver

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

I would say Nutini would play Pyramid again if he played, even if it meant going third down. Other headliner wouldn't see much change from last time.

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

So that's one of the Pyramid sub/Other headliner slots done and dusted.. five from the seven of Lady Gaga, Paolo Nutini, Royal Blood, Elbow, Alt-J, Frank Ocean and The Weeknd for the remaining slots. Currently I'd say the most likely resolution, if you can call it that, would appear to be Frank Ocean doing Parklife as his second festival, and The Weeknd being a Wireless exclusive. Which would leave The XX, Gaga and Royal Blood as Pyramid subs; and Paolo, Elbow and Alt-J as Other headliners. But it could just as easily mean Royal Blood are booked for third down, Glastonbury have finally realised nobody cares about Elbow any more, or Alt-J are exclusives at Reading. All to play for really.

You forgot about Public Service Broadcasting 

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I would say Nutini would play Pyramid again if he played, even if it meant going third down. Other headliner wouldn't see much change from last time.

In which case, and applying the same logic to Ben Howard who is probably due to be back, how about:

Radiohead//The XX//Emeli Sande
The Weeknd//George Ezra

Ed Sheeran//Lady Gaga//Ben Howard
Bon Iver//Jamie T

Foo Fighters//Royal Blood//Paolo Nutini
Alt-J//Imagine Dragons

Elbow on JP or something equally unintrusive. Royal Blood playing above Paolo would feel weird and I think it's entirely possible they'll do a Coldplay/Beck/Ellie Goulding and stick him inbetween them rather than third down but who knows.

Edited by Zac Quinn

In which case, and applying the same logic to Ben Howard who is probably due to be back, how about:

Radiohead//The XX//Emeli Sande
The Weeknd//George Ezra

Ed Sheeran//Lady Gaga//Ben Howard
Bon Iver//Jamie T

Foo Fighters//Royal Blood//Paolo Nutini
Alt-J//Imagine Dragons

Elbow on JP or something equally unintrusive. Royal Blood playing above Paolo would feel weird and I think it's entirely possible they'll do a Coldplay/Beck/Ellie Goulding and stick him inbetween them rather than third down but who knows.

Paulo has done 3rd down in 2011 Pyramid, subbing Other since so around the same and a decent tour after that so I can't see him doing that low again. He's Pyramid sub if he's going to play and I reckon it's out of him and Gaga myself for who goes below Ed and Foo's.

My Other would be atm: 

The Prodigy
Imagine Dragons

?

Pet Shop Boys
Emeli Sande

I'd put Royal Blood 3rd down Pyramid on Sunday myself.

Elbow on JP or something equally unintrusive. Royal Blood playing above Paolo would feel weird and I think it's entirely possible they'll do a Coldplay/Beck/Ellie Goulding etc

Cor, Elbow headlining the JP would be fun. Hadn't considered that before and now I'm thinking it could actually work.

And if they really are going to be squeezing in lots of extra acts this year then we would see some bigger sized bands less traditional slots.

Edited by Fingerbobs

7 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Kind of resigned myself to thewayiam's theory...

As a rule, if I find myself beginning a thought process with these words ^^^ going for a long run, taking a cold shower then drinking 10 pints of strong beer helps recalibrate and clarify my mind. 

21 minutes ago, Fingerbobs said:

Cor, Elbow headlining the JP would be fun. Hadn't considered that before and now I'm thinking it could actually work.

And if they really are going to be squeezing in lots of extra acts this year then we would see some bigger sized bands less traditional slots.

I'm just happy they appear to have given up on trying to make as many Other headliners as possible electronic based, looks to be more of a range heading our way this time 

14 minutes ago, Woffy said:

As a rule, if I find myself beginning a thought process with these words ^^^ going for a long run, taking a cold shower then drinking 10 pints of strong beer helps recalibrate and clarify my mind. 

Ha. Too many bands too little space, someone needs to rule themselves out before my head explodes from increasingly reach-y theories