Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Jess Glynne, Nelly Furtado, Paolo Nutini, KT Tunstall, Jess Glynne,  LP, The Temper Trap, James Gruntz and Matt Simons are playing 'Zermatt Unplugged' in Switzerland in April . Paolo probably the most likely out of that, although Nelly Furtado would be a laugh

A double dose of Jess Glynne for those lucky Swiss

2 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Jess Glynne, Nelly Furtado, Paolo Nutini, KT Tunstall, Jess Glynne,  LP, The Temper Trap, James Gruntz and Matt Simons are playing 'Zermatt Unplugged' in Switzerland in April . Paolo probably the most likely out of that, although Nelly Furtado would be a laugh

Now then Zac, you're a man with his finger on the Paolo pulse, as it where. What chance new material?

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Now then Zac, you're a man with his finger on the Paolo pulse, as it where. What chance new material?

No news whatsoever other than old off the cuff comments and logical guesses based on what he's been announced for :( 

Right way back when his last album came out he said he had another album in the can basically ready to go (including finished versions of the the weird short interludes on Caustic Love) but presumably the two year break indicates he's binned that. He's headlining two nights at Hogmanay as well as whatever this Swiss thing is, so presumably new stuff will be coming very soon if not this month, and he'll be bringing it to all the usuals next summer, but time will tell. Expecting him to sub the Pyramid if he does indeed return - especially with no T next year, for which he'd have been a shoe-in to headline, he'll want a big TV slot

Edited by Zac Quinn

24 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Other stage opener?  Much better than Richard Aschcroft telling the crowd how shit their lives are for 45 minutes.

I dunno. I'm not sure Charlie and the lads telling us that the only way to improve our lives is to travel the best part of 1000 years into the future and to have sex with someone's 'great, great, great granddaughter' who would almost certainly be dead - is any less bleak. 

18 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I tried to walk through the Pyramid field last year and it was unbelievably busy. Looked like one of the biggest crowds I've seen from where I was.

Obviously a sub slot would put him against bigger names and his stock has fallen slightly (between albums I guess) but it could be a busy Other field.

Stock may only have fallen as the public are sat tight waiting for his new material. I still hear that Barcelona song every once in a while. Wouldn't be a surprise to see him 3rd on the pyramid.

9 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I dunno. I'm not sure Charlie and the lads telling us that the only way to improve our lives is to travel the best part of 1000 years into the future and to have sex with someone's 'great, great, great granddaughter' who would almost certainly be dead - is any less bleak. 

"Not much has changed but we live underwater "

That's a pretty big change lads. You'd have thought they'd make more of it.

Edited by Hugh Jass

10 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

When you think about it we've all porked someone's great, great, great granddaughter. Stop slut shaming Charlie and the lads!