Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

reckon The Weeknd will be an exclusive to Wireless. pretty decent booking for them if so considering this year the headliners really seemed to take a dip (although by all accounts, Boy Better Know were amazing)

BBK were never the risky one though, perfect for that crowd. It's the Kygo booking that still perplexes me to this day, never ever a co-headliner at a major festival even before the fact they also had The 1975 (and probably Martin Garrix) sat there in a lower position on the same bill waiting to make the step-up :wacko:

Edited by Zac Quinn

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

BBK were never the risky one though, perfect for that crowd. It's the Kygo booking that still perplexes me to this day, never ever a co-headliner at a major festival even before the fact they also had The 1975 (and Martin Garrix) in a lower position on the same bill :unsure:

i was racking my brain for who else headlined and now i know why i couldn't remember. Kygo! ridiculous booking

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Don't really see Elbow as a Other headliner myself but guess they're a possibility. Hoping for a inoffensive avoidable third down on Pyramid slot for them and not sub again, as with our current three headliners it's pretty obvious who they'd end up subbing

If Elbow did sub Radiohead, for one I won't be there as I can't think of anything more ďepressing and two that probably means that one of Bon Iver or The XX won't be and either one still likely go against Sheeran.

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Oooh noice, was just listening to The Idler Wheel Is Wiser the other day and thinking these tunes would be fucking great live, but doesn't she pretty much never play live ever? If she's a realistic prospect I'd make a real point of being there, there are very few acts in the world that could keep me away. (video is gone btw, don't know what it ever was).

I've no idea if shes planning anything but its her first bit of activity for a while, always welcome! And she looks healthy. Have Extraordinary Machine on here at the moment. Very hard to pick a favourite album. 

Video here.

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:
does that say Frank Ocean to anyone else?

It does. :wacko:

Let's hope his 'two UK shows' are a bit like Sigur Ros' 'two UK shows'.

The 'Latest tourdates' bar on eFestivals has a Justice date at Brixton for the end of September. Ages away. Tho with festivals the weekend after and before I can only imagine they're stopping off at the farm.

10 minutes ago, Djb.com said:

Yeah potential sub or other stage headliner?

I don't see them as Other stage headliner but the only way I see them as a sub is if Nutini isn't playing as I'm seeing The XX, Gaga and Nutini. I also think Bon Iver would have to not be there and I'm not sure of that. 

I do think this may be a year with them saying about fitting two years into one of them getting the odd act lower down maybe than normal, but only so many can play. Under The Prodigy on Friday would be great.

Edited by thewayiam

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It does. :wacko:

Let's hope his 'two UK shows' are a bit like Sigur Ros' 'two UK shows'.

The 'Latest tourdates' bar on eFestivals has a Justice date at Brixton for the end of September. Ages away. Tho with festivals the weekend after and before I can only imagine they're stopping off at the farm.

Tempted by the Justice date..anyone think they'll add more dates? 

Also, what do people think to the chances they'll be at glasto?

2 minutes ago, doosrawin said:

Tempted by the Justice date..anyone think they'll add more dates? 

Also, what do people think to the chances they'll be at glasto?

Do you mean an additional Brixton date? I've no idea how much of a draw they are nowadays to be honest.

I can see them being at Parklife and then maybe a Manchester/northern show added after that's over. I'm pretty confident Gaspard and Xav will be doing their thing at Glasto tho. I gotta be there for that.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do you mean an additional Brixton date? I've no idea how much of a draw they are nowadays to be honest.

I can see them being at Parklife and then maybe a Manchester/northern show added after that's over. I'm pretty confident Gaspard and Xav will be doing their thing at Glasto tho. I gotta be there for that.

Thanks, was more thinking are they going to add more dates across the uk..world tour with only 5 dates in 3 countries would suggest so!

I'm still kicking myself after missing them at reading in 2008 so probably going to get the Brixton tickets and then hope for a glasto appearance too 

3 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Tom Petty and the lads are doing a 40th anniversary tour, with a big ol' gap in late June.

http://www.tompetty.com/tour

Think that's just a break in tour. They have a similar one before between Indianapolis and Morrison and Milwaukee and Toronto. I doubt they'll be stopping at the farm in between.