Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe. This is finally it. The act that unites all the right thinking efesters. No doubt some dreary long haired halfwit will be along in a minute to complain they don't make real music with guitars and that. But until then, I'm cranking up that greatest hits album and heading home with a grin on my face

We just need to convince Mr West Holts.

It's maybe not typical WH fayre, but then there's not an unlimited supply of legendary 70s funk bands to go around and there's certainly a case for 80s synthpop being on there, particularly stuff with its roots in early Mute Records.  The stuff that was on in discos after disco, so to speak.

6 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Hehehe. This is finally it. The act that unites all the right thinking efesters. No doubt some dreary long haired halfwit will be along in a minute to complain they don't make real music with guitars and that. But until then, I'm cranking up that greatest hits album and heading home with a grin on my face

After all this, who'd have thunk that Andy Bell was the chosen one who would unite the warring factions?

On the greatest hits at the moment.  Even fogetting the rest of the catalogue, this sequence alone is outstanding

A Little Respect > Stop! > Drama! > Blue Savannah

If I can have these lads and D-Ro that'll be my entire year's dosage of vitamin boogie in a single weekend. :dance:

EDIT: f*ck me I'd forgotten about the bizarre 90s ragga vocals that dropped into the end of Take A Chance On Me.  WANT WANT WANT this to happen

Edited by Quark

On 05/11/2016 at 1:19 PM, Callum_96 said:

I have it on good authority from a friend who's a promoter that there's a big money offer for Mike Skinner to do a major festival as The Streets. He wouldn't tell me what festival it was but I'd be very happy if it turned out to be true 

Bestival or Lovebox?

Slightly tenuous for the thread since:

(a) they're doing dates in January, not spring and
(b) the dates are in Canada/USA...

...but Tokyo Police Club are active again. I've liked them since their debut (10 years old, anniversary vinyl re-issue, folks!) and had a brilliant time seeing them on the Sunrise stage at Latitude years ago.

Would love to see them on the Farm. Would be brilliant on William's Green, Hell etc.

Any other TPC admirers on the boards?

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22