Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Deftones just announced a trio of UK dates for early May - if they are performing as part of a larger European jaunt, then bang those lads on The Other Stage Saturday night against Mr Sheeran. Think they'd pull a lot of old school rock and metal fans in, in the way perhaps BMTH and the divisive Oliver Sykes couldn't to a degree.

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga
Other: Deftones, Weezer

Aye, that'll sort it.

Oh man, Deftones on the Other would be bang on for a Saturday night. So good at Download but would love to see them at night on that stage.

Yes they can be a bit shouty but they also do amazing atmospherics and almost trippy beats and vocals. Going to that while Sheeran (all power to the lad) does his thing on Pyramid would be fucking ace

Just now, Quark said:

Oh man, Deftones on the Other would be bang on for a Saturday night. So good at Download but would love to see them at night on that stage.

Yes they can be a bit shouty but they also do amazing atmospherics and almost trippy beats and vocals. Going to that while Sheeran (all power to the lad) does his thing on Pyramid would be fucking ace

Gore is in my top five albums of the year, I'd be comfortable in saying. shame their current tour isn't too heavy on it.

2 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Gore is in my top five albums of the year, I'd be comfortable in saying. shame their current tour isn't too heavy on it.

aye usually seeing a band is only playing a couple of songs from their new album live is a good thing but i'd love to see them play more from Gore in their sets - fantastic album

don't see them playing Glastonbury again unfortunately but as always i hope. said it before but this would be the perfect time for them to play what with the success of Gore both commercially and critically 

2 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

My first ever gig was the Human League in Halifax six years ago, a superbly average gig that didn’t really ignite my love for concerts. 

My next was Iron Maiden and that's one of my all time greats.

Ah, thats a shame.  Dare is a bit of masterpiece, and I'd reckon Oakey and the lads probably deserve a decent wee slot somewhere, like subbing West Holts or something.

Provided they don't hog Erasure's rightful place.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

aye usually seeing a band is only playing a couple of songs from their new album live is a good thing but i'd love to see them play more from Gore in their sets - fantastic album

don't see them playing Glastonbury again unfortunately but as always i hope. said it before but this would be the perfect time for them to play what with the success of Gore both commercially and critically 

Well if they are doing a UK festival this summer it'll be either Glastonbury or R+L. Hopefully they opt for Glastonbury as something different from their usual schedule (and hopefully the Eavii are aware of them:P).

Deftones, Weezer and Jimmy Eat World plz.

51 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Gore is an album that's re-established them, I feel. Be great to see them. Think I might be buying tickets for the Manchester show to take my mate for his birthday - but will have to consult the financial situation...

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ah, thats a shame.  Dare is a bit of masterpiece, and I'd reckon Oakey and the lads probably deserve a decent wee slot somewhere, like subbing West Holts or something.

Provided they don't hog Erasure's rightful place.

Dare is one of those dream albums - and speaking of dreams, I pictured ABC subbing West Holts on the Sunday night with an orchestra to do The Lexicon of Love in full, as they have toured. Probably a stretch, but think it would go down great with people of a certain age, particularly if the remaining headliners are Ed and FF.

God, if Erasure are they, I'll probably burst from excitement. Erasure to sub Radiohead for me!

#Erasure4Glasto

(And stick The Human League on, maybe in that Saturday afternoon slot Madness had on the Pyramid).

48 minutes ago, jparx said:

Well if they are doing a UK festival this summer it'll be either Glastonbury or R+L. Hopefully they opt for Glastonbury as something different from their usual schedule (and hopefully the Eavii are aware of them:P).

Deftones, Weezer and Jimmy Eat World plz.

This would be a dream trio. I reckon Jimmy Eat World is a pretty good shout - can see a strong Other Stage slot, or even a Pyramid slot on the Friday. 

On 22/10/2016 at 11:31 PM, thewayiam said:

They are obviously planning to add 02 dates but someone doing Swansea and Norwich City Stadiums isn't headlining Glasto, Jeff Lynne had multiple 02 nights I'm fairly sure and didn't. As said, heritage tea time slot now at best. 

The Who played the Liberty Stadium the same year that they headlined Glastonbury in 2007, so you never know. But then again JLS and Rod Stewart have played there so hopefully Take That will be no where near a headline slot

Well, one artist we can rule out is Springsteen... with the E Street Band. Steve van Zandt has confirmed - on TalkSport of all places - that the outfit will finish touring for 2017 with their clutch of dates in Australia and New Zealand.

The phrasing makes me feel that Springsteen himself is about to emerge, either for a solo tour or an Other Band Tour, similar to 92/93.

He'll be far, far off Glastonbury radars without the E Street Band behind him though - unless his new backing group is an obscene supergroup of some kind.

36 minutes ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Guilty secrets time.

I'm partial to Level42 and always admired Mark King as a bass player.

If they showed up somewhere I'd probably be more inclined to watch that than some laptop DJ set.

I just remember Mark King in that French and Saudners sketch that also had Lemmy, Dave Gilmour, Mark Knopfler and Gary Moore...

2 hours ago, Zed619 said:

I pretty much ruled out Nick Cave because I thought he wouldn't tour his new album... but he's just announced a run of shows in Aus/NZ in January... 

http://www.nickcave.com/live/

Makes him a fairly decent bet for Glasto I'd imagine. If he wants to play festival dates. 

I've looked a couple of times, was starting to believe he wasn't going to tour. Great news this.

6 hours ago, Zed619 said:

I pretty much ruled out Nick Cave because I thought he wouldn't tour his new album... but he's just announced a run of shows in Aus/NZ in January... 

http://www.nickcave.com/live/

Makes him a fairly decent bet for Glasto I'd imagine. If he wants to play festival dates. 

Was just coming to see if anyone had spotted this. Great news. a must see if he's there.

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I've looked a couple of times, was starting to believe he wasn't going to tour. Great news this.

Ditto. I'm curious how much of Skeleton Tree he'll play.