How can I persuade my mother to let me go to Leeds?

d.cooper

Right, basically I've been invited to go to Leeds Fest 2017 by my group of mates. I'll be 16, almost 17 at the time we go. Only thing is I don't think my mum will want me going, I haven't asked yet but I kinda know the answer will be no. My dad will be chill about it but she won't. What are some good points to try and persuade her to let me. 
We're a mature group and I've been to V Fest twice with my parents so I kinda know what to expect. We're not going to cause trouble or anything like that we just want to go and have a good time.

Cheers,

Dec

13 minutes ago, d.cooper said:

Right, basically I've been invited to go to Leeds Fest 2017 by my group of mates. I'll be 16, almost 17 at the time we go. Only thing is I don't think my mum will want me going, I haven't asked yet but I kinda know the answer will be no. My dad will be chill about it but she won't. What are some good points to try and persuade her to let me. 
We're a mature group and I've been to V Fest twice with my parents so I kinda know what to expect. We're not going to cause trouble or anything like that we just want to go and have a good time.

Cheers,

Dec

Just tell her you'll get a part time job in the summer to pay for your ticket yourself, and that all your mates are allowed to go so why shouldn't you be too. Tbf at 16 nearly 17, needing permission to go to a festival is ridiculous. Don't take no for an answer!

Just tell them it's similar to V - in reality all festivals are pretty much the same thing, although Reading is one of the rowdier ones I've been to (the campsites at Sonisphere are so quiet!).

At 17, it's really your decision, not your parents. There always seems to be loads of 16-18 year olds there anyway (I guess since it's so close to results day).

Get your dad to get behind you. Specifically mention bullshit that you won't drink or take drugs and just make it apparent how bad you want to go o go. If you get a job to pay for it she can't stop you from buying it I mean cmon mate you'll almost be 17 ffs.. Make a deal that if you get good exam results you can go as well that's what I did 

13 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Just tell her you'll get a part time job in the summer to pay for your ticket yourself, and that all your mates are allowed to go so why shouldn't you be too. Tbf at 16 nearly 17, needing permission to go to a festival is ridiculous. Don't take no for an answer!

Thought that myself tbh mate. But I know what she's like ya know. Flapper big time