Trailer tent

justperfect

Trailer tents are ace had one for years. Couple of things to bear in mind. 

Practice setting up and taking down on a nice non stressful sunny day, make notes of how to do it ... colour code the poles with tape or model paint. It is a divorce on wheels trying to set one up in the dark/rain

If you have to put it down wet - get that suckcer aired as soon as you can, the canvas will rot and samell not so good. 

DONT over load it - the tyres can come off if you do [older models]. Get some McNett Tenacious Tape - it is a bout £6 a roll - best hole repair tape ever. If you are going to use it a lot would recommend getting one of those light weight gas bottles. 

I'm here Yog.  Yes trailer tents are brilliant.  I had one for many years before moving on to full caravans.

The big advantage is that they take up little storage space.  I kept mine in mother in law's garage.  They are also easy to tow with a relatively small car.

If you have the zip on extra awnings, you can have a great communal area.

I agree with Art's comments about practicing putting it up and down before you go to a festival and the colour coding system for the poles - I used different colours of insulating tape.  What you need to do is put the same colours on the bits of pole that join each other so, when you put it up it's red to red, blue to blue etc.  I'd also make a sketch of how they fit together, with the colours to refer to.

Tent and awning erections can be the pathway to divorce.  So many times we've sat at festivals as a couple arrive with their caravan or trailer tent.  They level up the main vehicle OK then get out the awning and pole bags and you ask yourself: "How long before the domestic begins?"

With our trailer tent we also had a separate Toilet tent with a PortaPotti. Might be worth considering.

214oPVkXdKL.jpg