Complimemtary ticket

ReadingXIII

Hi! Not a huge poster on here, more of a reader but I have a query. I wasn't going to go this year, but my friend won some tickets and has offered them too me. 

If I take them, will I still be able to get in? Or will it be registered to his name or something like that? Any help would be great :). Thanks!

3 hours ago, ReadingXIII said:

Hi! Not a huge poster on here, more of a reader but I have a query. I wasn't going to go this year, but my friend won some tickets and has offered them too me. 

If I take them, will I still be able to get in? Or will it be registered to his name or something like that? Any help would be great :). Thanks!

It'll depend on where he won them from and the terms of the competition. Often tickets are non-transferable and require ID to collect them but I've also won gig tickets before where I've just asked them to change the name at the box office for who is collecting them without any issues.

If your mate is physically giving you the tickets then you're fine as they won't even have his name on it and they don't match names to tickets anyway.

If you have to pick them up at the box office then you will have to use your mate's name to get them otherwise they won't be able to find them. They always say to collect them with ID but I've never had to produce ID for any tickets I've won; just a name has sufficed.

As others have said it should be fine as long as you don't have to pick them up from the box office, if you do you might need him to get them for you but when me and my partner won Kerrang awards/ VIP download tickets we didn't need ID when picking them up so you should be fine.

on another note if they are guest tickets (doubtful with it being Reading) you might need to pay a compulsory donation of £40-£60 (it will say on the ticket if its paid for already or not)

23 hours ago, Dave9280 said:

As others have said it should be fine as long as you don't have to pick them up from the box office, if you do you might need him to get them for you but when me and my partner won Kerrang awards/ VIP download tickets we didn't need ID when picking them up so you should be fine.

on another note if they are guest tickets (doubtful with it being Reading) you might need to pay a compulsory donation of £40-£60 (it will say on the ticket if its paid for already or not)

Hi I was wondering what exactly is included in a guest ticket?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2016 at 9:56 AM, arzoo.gg said:

Hi I was wondering what exactly is included in a guest ticket?

It changes from festival to festival, I believe Reading it just gives you access to Guest camping which is on cow lane/behind main stage, access to the guest area which has a nice bar, nice toilets and other bits. To go side stage and more I think its a separate type of ticket. 

You can't purchase them with R&L though, you have to win them/be given them/know someone who can get them.

18 hours ago, Dave9280 said:

It changes from festival to festival, I believe Reading it just gives you access to Guest camping which is on cow lane/behind main stage, access to the guest area which has a nice bar, nice toilets and other bits. To go side stage and more I think its a separate type of ticket. 

You can't purchase them with R&L though, you have to win them/be given them/know someone who can get them.

Side stage is different as I had access to a wristband a couple of years ago that said 'VIP' on it for access there

• 4 months later...
On 05/09/2016 at 2:53 PM, Dave9280 said:

That is common at most festivals - and most are not tickets at all - I was loaned out to the Mean Fiddler Group and I was working in Production and dealing with guest and AAA wristbands - some are restricted to one day - Reading has extra Hospitality tents { in the guest area } and you need a second pass to enter them and the same goes for events at Hyde Park

I Must have worked in the guest bar at Reading for at least 20 times and what I used to find funny was that so few guests wanted to walk out into the main arena - they were not  very keen at all.

Edited by glasto-worker