Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming they arrive before Thursday morning then MOST of us will be OK - totally shite service, but no actual disaster. 

However, those who are screwed are the not insignificant number of people who either have travel needs that means they leave a day or more earlier than us, and those who tag holiday time before the festival starts. I have a dear friend who leaves home a week before Glastonbury to travel to mainland U.K. to visit family and some pre-festival holiday time. If this year's Latitude debacle had happened to her for Glastonbury she'd have been hugely inconvenienced. Having paid close to a grand to a company months ago, it's just not acceptable still to be uncertain whether I'll travel with tickets or face a box office queue of frustrated and angry people waving confirmation emails. The festival market is currently way over saturated IMO, so organisers need to be doing everything to secure recurrent punters, not pissing them off. And, like almost everything in life, if you cock up, a genuine, well communicated apology and explanation can be indescribably beneficial for all parties...

Poor Latitude/TicketMaster, poor...

Ben

18 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

. And, like almost everything in life, if you cock up, a genuine, well communicated apology and explanation can be indescribably beneficial for all parties...

Poor Latitude/TicketMaster, poor...

Ben

That's my biggest gripe. There is no apology or explanation. Just 'Call back in 5 days' then 'Call back in 3 days' and I now hear TM are advising some people to call back if they haven't received the tickets the day before. 

In this day and age when I can buy tickets from other organisations like DICE on my phone in a matter of seconds and have them delivered instantly onto my phone with excellent customer service alongside it, Ticketmaster have been found wanting IMO. An explanation and apology can go a long way even if they can't sort out the problem immediately. 

4 hours ago, rseamer said:

Getting slightly concerned about the ticket situation now. 3 days left tomorrow. Still no ticket dispatch, and a laughable email from Ticketmaster yesterday saying that my tickets have been printed "so should be on their way out to you soon. We want to give them as much time as possible to arrive, but if you still haven't received the tickets or a card from Royal Mail by 3 days before the event let us know and we'll help you track them down." No apology for the lateness of dispatch for tickets that were paid for in April.

Assuming they do send them out tomorrow and arrive on Tuesday it means I'm going to have to take extra holiday off work to go an collect them from the post office depot on Wednesday.

Ticketmaster seem to have no regard for the inconvenience they cause customers. They have 1 job and they can't even do that well.

OK moan over, I'm sure it will all pan out OK and we'll have a great time, but this late delivery leaves no room for anything going wrong and what annoys me most is that Ticketmaster's customer service is shocking. Before getting the email I spent 50 mins on the phone trying to get through to speak to someone.

I would ignore the email. I emailed them on Friday afternoon as no sign of mine even on checking order history. I received a generic email  at 5.20pm saying they had been printed but not yet sent out. This pissed me off as chances of them getting here on time would be low. However, Saturday morning i received a text from Royal Mail to say they would be delivering them on Saturday, i was out but collected them today (sorting office is open for a few hours on Sunday these days. I checked on the RM tracker service and you can see the history, RM received them on Thursday evening, despite Ticketmaster saying on Friday they hadn't been sent out! Hopefully you will get the text on Monday saying out for delivery.

Really poor from Ticketmaster who don't seem to have a clue where the tickets even are!

7 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

on 2pm or can you rock up earlier?

On a similar subject, I was wondering if the car parks open earlier than the 2pm for camping. Turned up pretty much on the dot last year only to park behind loads of cars that must have been previously let in. I'd happily turn up that bit earlier and sit in the car a while  if it meant a shorter walk lugging all my stuff.

Does anyone know?

33 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

On a similar subject, I was wondering if the car parks open earlier than the 2pm for camping. Turned up pretty much on the dot last year only to park behind loads of cars that must have been previously let in. I'd happily turn up that bit earlier and sit in the car a while  if it meant a shorter walk lugging all my stuff.

Does anyone know?

You can definitely get in the car parks earlier than 2pm, I usually arrive 1pm ish. On occasion they seem to open some gates earlier than 2pm, but I think that's down to their discretion re: queue size, and they only open about half an hour earlier anyway

Car parks do open earlier. Sometimes the gates to the camping will also open early which I understand is down to health and safety checks, ie the site being given the all clear. We have arrived before 2pm before, always let in to parking, sometimes get through to camping early but not always.

From what I have read elsewhere the campervan area doesn't open same time as car parking as it is a camping area and therefore also subject to the health and safety checks.

Did a bit of digging around the line up last night, me and the wife just randomly picking acts, some we know and some we've never heard of and playing a few songs through youtube, really fun night and has upped the excitement levels :-

The Horrors - I've been a fan watching them mature and not been frightened to change direction, their new song "Machines" is great, has a Depeche Mode feel to it and has got me very excited to see them on Friday,

Sigrid - never heard of her but def one for my 10 year old daughter,  must see now on Friday for the family

Leon Bridges - again never heard anything by him, downloaded Coming Home this morning and have fell in love with it.

Others that we liked last night.....

King Nun

Milky Chance

Dead Pretties

Sunflower Bean

Seramic

9 minutes ago, swede said:

The Horrors - I've been a fan watching them mature and not been frightened to change direction, their new song "Machines" is great, has a Depeche Mode feel to it and has got me very excited to see them on Friday,

Couldn't agree more, although I can't help but feel that they would suit the tent more so than the main stage?

55 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Couldn't agree more, although I can't help but feel that they would suit the tent more so than the main stage?

Having seen them in a tent and on a stage I can only agree with you. I can't see them working on the main stage at all.

1 hour ago, swede said:

Did a bit of digging around the line up last night, me and the wife just randomly picking acts, some we know and some we've never heard of and playing a few songs through youtube, really fun night and has upped the excitement levels :-

Sigrid - never heard of her but def one for my 10 year old daughter,  must see now on Friday for the family

Leon Bridges - again never heard anything by him, downloaded Coming Home this morning and have fell in love with it.

Others that we liked last night.....

King Nun

Milky Chance

Dead Pretties

Sunflower Bean

Seramic

I've seen Sigrid twice this year. If you like pop you'll like her. She has a nice mix of attitude and sweetness and is still at that stage where everything is exciting for her which is great to see. Same goes for Maggie Rogers (also at Latitude).

Seramic is also great live - a dirty mix of Prince / Funk / Rock and Singer Songwriter. Some of you may remember him from a few years ago when he was operating under his real name Marcus Foster, but his new material is very different to what he was doing then.

17 hours ago, evannn said:

You can definitely get in the car parks earlier than 2pm, I usually arrive 1pm ish. On occasion they seem to open some gates earlier than 2pm, but I think that's down to their discretion re: queue size, and they only open about half an hour earlier anyway

Cheers for that - will do likewise then

8 minutes ago, rseamer said:

I've seen Sigrid twice this year. If you like pop you'll like her. She has a nice mix of attitude and sweetness and is still at that stage where everything is exciting for her which is great to see. Same goes for Maggie Rogers (also at Latitude).

Seramic is also great live - a dirty mix of Prince / Funk / Rock and Singer Songwriter. Some of you may remember him from a few years ago when he was operating under his real name Marcus Foster, but his new material is very different to what he was doing then.

We'll be going to see Sigrid more for my daughter really, I just know she'll love her. That being said we took my daughter to see Aurora last year and she absolutely blew me away.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The only other options away from Mumford & Sons being Dave and AJ Tracey seems a bad idea.

they will be someone in the comedy tent too....and....yr know.....a mulititude of other non music stuff to do.....

But yeah. If you wanna see live music, yr fucked. :(

24 minutes ago, swede said:

So Jack Garratt is on after the headliners on the Saturday but there's an hour and 40 minute gap between the band before finishing and him starting.

I'm going to stoke the fire and say Haim are doing a "secret show" in that slot. They are doing things around the UK this week and good friends of Mumford & Sons. I'm prepared for disappointment 

Edited by finn_with_1_n

18 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

From the Latitude twitter page about M&S: 

There will not be a performance on the BBC music stage during Mumford & Sons. Mumford & Sons wanted to give people a place to go together at the end of the night when traditionally everyone would disperse off to other smaller spaces

Oh fuck off mumfords, the beauty of festivals is freedom of choice

I was off to see them anyway as it's best choice as a family as the kids know a few of their songs but fucking hell are they really that insecure