Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

Obelisk headliners since Latitude began: (Bold means possible)

Snow Patrol 
Anthony and the Johnsons - no longer together but Anohni
Mogwai - UK exclusive (Green Man)
Damien Rice                              The Good, the Bad and the Queen - no longer together
Arcade Fire - too big
Franz Ferdinand - in America that weekend
Sigur Ros - too big
Interpol - tour doesn't start until August.
Pet Shop Boys - too big
Grace Jones
Nick Cave - too big
Florence and Machine - too big.
Belle and Sebastian
Vampire Weekend - inactive 
The National - too recent, too big
Paulo Nutini
Suede
Bon Iver - short EU tour.            Paul Weller                             Elbow - in Italy.
Bloc Party - UK exclusive (Green Man)
Kraftwerk - too big, Neil said no uk festivals
Foals - UK exclusive (Citadel)
Lily Allen
Two Door Cinema Club
Damon Albarn - busy with Gorillaz
The Black Keys - too big, currently inactive.
alt-J - too recent
Portishead - too big, too recent
Noel Gallagher - too big, too recent  Maccabees - no longer together
New Order - too recent, too big

Edited by aidenlangan95

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I've got a quick question to ask on behalf of my mum and sister:

They're planing to do latitude for the first time (I've never been either but can't attend as I'm at Benicassim festival) and are wondering if they will ID my sister (who just turned 13 a few days ago) as they would rather buy the child ticket for £10 (up to age 12)  than a youth ticket for much more. 

any advice would be much appreciated, am annoyed I can't attend as the lineup is looking nice this year.

Thanks

Edited by Alwenman

13 hours ago, Alwenman said:

Hi all, I've got a quick question to ask on behalf of my mum and sister:

They're planing to do latitude for the first time (I've never been either but can't attend as I'm at Benicassim festival) and are wondering if they will ID my sister (who just turned 13 a few days ago) as they would rather buy the child ticket for £10 (up to age 12)  than a youth ticket for much more. 

any advice would be much appreciated, am annoyed I can't attend as the lineup is looking nice this year.

Thanks

Parents may be asked to provide ID with proof of age if the child appears to be over 13 but holding a Child Ticket. Don't take any chances - bring proof of age.

Lets look at the situation if they do get caught - they will then end up in a situation where your Parents get in but your sister does not.

So what are they going to do then ?

sure they may be offered the chance to buy the correct ticket but they may not.,

No one can see into the future so while some may claim ' dont worry about it ' they are not the one who has to deal with the problem 

its a very risky venture. 

Edited by glasto-worker

7 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Parents may be asked to provide ID with proof of age if the child appears to be over 13 but holding a Child Ticket. Don't take any chances - bring proof of age.

Lets look at the situation if they do get caught - they will then end up in a situation where your Parents get in but your sister does not.

So what are they going to do then ?

sure they may be offered the chance to buy the correct ticket but they may not.,

No one can see into the future so while some may claim ' dont worry about it ' they are not the one who has to deal with the problem 

its a very risky venture. 

Thanks for your advice and opinion, I'll relay that. 

20 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Haim are playing at Latitude. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08n12n8

35 mins in.

EDIT: However, they seem to be playing a Canadian festival on the same weekend. Maybe a slip of the tongue.

Don't get me wrong,  that'd be fantastic but I doubt they'll be there this year. The only way I could see them featuring is if they played above Jack Garratt and then flew to Canada straight after.