Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went in 2015 for Portishead and couldn't go this year (was already seeing LCD and Sigur Ros in London) I really enjoyed it, it's a great atmosphere and was a bit gutted I couldn't be there in 2016!

Arcade Fire have played before, but I could see them playing it again, however the fact that they headlined Glastonbury previously may make them a bigger act? I'm not sure!

I'd say the festival always tries to push British acts on there so I can see at least one or most likely two British acts taking the top spots, and one of them being a band being pushed up: for example Alt-J in 2015, Maccabees in 2016.

17 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Good chance I'll be going to this for the first time and the handful of names in here are setting my expectations very high. Any combination of Gorillaz, Bon Iver, LCD, PJ, Arcade Fire? would be an absolute dream. Quick, someone predict some shite before I get my hopes too high.

Arcade Fire would be incredible, they'd be a much bigger headliner than they've ever had before, but they did headline on the Neon Bible tour so they could be feeling a return after 10 years. AF are in a bit of a weird position, because they're a massive band worldwide but a bit of an awkward fit in the UK. They got accusations of being too small for R&L and Glastonbury when they headlined, but I wouldn't have thought the festivals where you'd see them fitting (namely Latitude and Bestival) would have the cash to meet what they'd command in North America and Europe.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Arcade Fire would be incredible, they'd be a much bigger headliner than they've ever had before, but they did headline on the Neon Bible tour so they could be feeling a return after 10 years. AF are in a bit of a weird position, because they're a massive band worldwide but a bit of an awkward fit in the UK. They got accusations of being too small for R&L and Glastonbury when they headlined, but I wouldn't have thought the festivals where you'd see them fitting (namely Latitude and Bestival) would have the cash to meet what they'd command in North America and Europe.

Totally agree with this 100%, I would love to see them at Latitude though. They'd fit in much better than if they were at R+L.

• 2 weeks later...

AF, Paul Simon, LCD for me. Latitude have definitely been working here with some of those choices. Loads of them are amazing, but I bet we end up with The 1975 as headliners now, god help us all.

Went for Anderson .Paak, Brian Wilson, Broken Social Scene and Metronomy for other acts across line-up. It's interesting that some of the names on there they don't see as headliners... Bastille, Peej, Ben Howard, Weezer and TDCC

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Do seem to have cool range on there; you don't really get much hip hop at Latitude but they've listed Kano, Chano, Frank and Paak and I've said before that I don't think Weezer or Chem Bros would appear either but there they are. Kylie would be surprising as well.

Also I know they're one of the ones that are in both categories but how much would you hate it if First Aid Kit headlined? I'd be annoyed even if I wasn't going.

I voted all the big, boring choices, ie. Radiohead, Arcade Fire and The Cure but apparently the top voted ones all headline so that's cool.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

LEAVE THE BOARDS

First Aid Kit joined The Vaccines and Mumford & Sons onstage at Glastonbury and were the most boring band on stage at the time.

10 minutes ago, James96 said:

I want to know why Festival Republic have even suggested Radiohead for Latitude, surely way too big?

I would consider Radiohead gettable compared to Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys and Kasabian.

23 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

AF, Paul Simon, LCD for me. Latitude have definitely been working here with some of those choices. Loads of them are amazing, but I bet we end up with The 1975 as headliners now, god help us all.

Went for Anderson .Paak, Brian Wilson, Broken Social Scene and Metronomy for other acts across line-up. It's interesting that some of the names on there they don't see as headliners... Bastille, Peej, Ben Howard, Weezer and TDCC

Yeah that would suggest FR think TDCC's extended break has damaged their popularity, but then they just booked them to headline the NME at Reading. Also Bastille - I'm by no means a fan, but they aren't going to play lower slots now they actually have a second album out than they did when they were endlessly touring that first one. Weird.

That'd be cool as shit but I think his live shows will stay sporadic; would be a phenomenal 6music headliner.

Laneway Festival in Aus have announced Tame Impala so they do now have 2017 shows, albeit in their home country. If they squeeze another summer in on Currents then I could see them doing Latitude and then Reading and Leeds the next year or something - I know they toured around the fest the past two years but they subbed directly before those years so might be a reason they'd held off. I dunno but it'd be pretty cool; their Glasto set felt like a headline show and the crowd was the most engaged I'd seen a Pyramid crowd so it'd definitely pique my interest.

• 4 weeks later...