Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

27 minutes ago, Funktownbro said:

The map is out on the website so that's how I know the layout hasn't changed, also it's the daily capacity that has increased to 39.999 so now the Saturday day tickets have sold out I would think that indication enough that the Saturday, at least, is going to be busy.. I think the Friday day tickets won't be far behind either..

Sorry, the article I read stated "total" capacity increased - I thought the numbers were a bit off. 

The festival will be busy, but it won't be uncomfortable. As naughtygeorgie said, there was plenty of room last year. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Sorry, the article I read stated "total" capacity increased - I thought the numbers were a bit off. 

The festival will be busy, but it won't be uncomfortable. As naughtygeorgie said, there was plenty of room last year. 

Yeah that's total daily capacity or it would be less than 14.000 per day,  my point was, if near full to capacity of 39.999 and that number where all to be at the 2 biggest music stages, as in previous years that's pretty much all that's on between, say between 10 and 11, it would feel uncomfortable at those stages, so if they have staggered other performances to counter that it's a good thing.. 

My main concern for capacity would be Fat Boy Slim. He's definitely got more mainstream appeal than Fleet Foxes, so could pose a problem. That tent has been packed out in the past (acts like Foals, Vaccines, Catfish have been v busy in there)

Here's the map changes from 16 to 17:

Family has slightly encroached on Yellow (this area was surprisingly under-used last year)

Slight increase in Green at Billy Loadsa Mates' new location

Poetry now Carlsberg 'brand activation'

Literature now the Speakeasy

Greenpeace area gone

Little Art House/Shed of Stories not indicated in the Faraway Forest, same with Lavish Big Screen - could still be there tho

New Schweppes/Smirnoff bars by Sunrise to go with existing bars

Yurtel replaced by Latitude Luxury - maybe brought in-house?

9 minutes ago, tillyandthewall said:

Here's the map changes from 16 to 17:

Family has slightly encroached on Yellow (this area was surprisingly under-used last year)

Slight increase in Green at Billy Loadsa Mates' new location

Poetry now Carlsberg 'brand activation'

Literature now the Speakeasy

Greenpeace area gone

Little Art House/Shed of Stories not indicated in the Faraway Forest, same with Lavish Big Screen - could still be there tho

New Schweppes/Smirnoff bars by Sunrise to go with existing bars

Yurtel replaced by Latitude Luxury - maybe brought in-house?

Did you miss the Jameson's bar in the far away forest ? think that must be the best of the new "branded" additions....

Although I've lived in Norwich most of my life, I've never actually been to Latitude. Almost went a few years back when Kraftwerk played but couldn't justify the day ticket price when there wasn't too much else on the bill I wanted to see. Got quite a few friends who go most years and they're always complimentary about the laid back atmosphere and variety of entertainment on offer.

My wife is a big Mumfords fan and we had tickets to see them a couple of years back at two different shows but for various reasons weren't able to go to either. My annual festival is Pukkelpop in Belgium which I go to with a group of mates (OH stays at home so it's my big blow out for the year!). As (bad) luck would have it, Mumfords are also one of the headliners over there so when that was announced she started to make noises about coming over with me. This was all the encouragement I needed to break my Latitude cherry so got day tickets for the two of us and our son, who's 11 and never been to a festival before.

Aside from Dan Croll, there's not too much on the music front I'm desperate to see but I'll do a bit of research before we go. Would love to catch Joe Goddard but suspect we'll probably have to head home after Mumford's - am I right in thinking headliners finish around 11pm? We don't go to the theatre very often so I'm looking forward to wandering around the site and watching a bit of ballet, listening to some poetry, spending time in the comedy tent or whatever else we happen to come across. I guess it obviously depends on who's playing but in general is it easy enough to get into most of the tents during the day/early evening (theatre, music and film arena, speakeasy, cabaret etc)? 

I was a bit slack getting organised with tickets so didn't actually get them until this evening - the 'sold out' post on Facebook prompted me into action! Fortunately one of the links on the website had some left and they're still currently available: 

https://latitudefestival2017.frontgatetickets.com/event/x98cuszjjgvckq51

9 hours ago, Semprini said:

Although I've lived in Norwich most of my life, I've never actually been to Latitude. Almost went a few years back when Kraftwerk played but couldn't justify the day ticket price when there wasn't too much else on the bill I wanted to see. Got quite a few friends who go most years and they're always complimentary about the laid back atmosphere and variety of entertainment on offer.

My wife is a big Mumfords fan and we had tickets to see them a couple of years back at two different shows but for various reasons weren't able to go to either. My annual festival is Pukkelpop in Belgium which I go to with a group of mates (OH stays at home so it's my big blow out for the year!). As (bad) luck would have it, Mumfords are also one of the headliners over there so when that was announced she started to make noises about coming over with me. This was all the encouragement I needed to break my Latitude cherry so got day tickets for the two of us and our son, who's 11 and never been to a festival before.

Aside from Dan Croll, there's not too much on the music front I'm desperate to see but I'll do a bit of research before we go. Would love to catch Joe Goddard but suspect we'll probably have to head home after Mumford's - am I right in thinking headliners finish around 11pm? We don't go to the theatre very often so I'm looking forward to wandering around the site and watching a bit of ballet, listening to some poetry, spending time in the comedy tent or whatever else we happen to come across. I guess it obviously depends on who's playing but in general is it easy enough to get into most of the tents during the day/early evening (theatre, music and film arena, speakeasy, cabaret etc)? 

I was a bit slack getting organised with tickets so didn't actually get them until this evening - the 'sold out' post on Facebook prompted me into action! Fortunately one of the links on the website had some left and they're still currently available: 

https://latitudefestival2017.frontgatetickets.com/event/x98cuszjjgvckq51

That's correct. You can camp the night afterwards in a day-ticket campsite near the car park, if that's your bag. So you don't need to head back straight away, and you can have a drink or two if you don't mind a night in a tent

14 hours ago, tillyandthewall said:

Here's some times for one stage at least....The Smirnoff house. 3am each night which is nice.

smirnoff.jpg

Danny Rampling finishing off the festival will be nice - not heard him play out in a while but I'm of the vintage to remember Shoom and all that lol lol

14 hours ago, tillyandthewall said:

Here's some times for one stage at least....The Smirnoff house. 3am each night which is nice.

smirnoff.jpg

So, with Latitude not offering me much in the way of my kind of proper late night dance music (I know that's not its shtick...), that Thursday at the Smirnoff House looks not half bad!

Certainly PBR Streetgang should be pretty good, and X Press 2 to finish off the night could work...

Man, do I need full stage/set time listings...

:blink:

Ben

Are other people still waiting for their tickets to be delivered by Ticketmaster?

I've just checked their website and it says my tickets haven't been dispatched yet. They seem to be leaving it very late - now just a week to go (which will inevitably cause them more work with people phoning up to enquire why they haven't received the tickets yet) considering I ordered the tickets in February.

9 minutes ago, rseamer said:

Are other people still waiting for their tickets to be delivered by Ticketmaster?

I've just checked their website and it says my tickets haven't been dispatched yet. They seem to be leaving it very late - now just a week to go (which will inevitably cause them more work with people phoning up to enquire why they haven't received the tickets yet) considering I ordered the tickets in February.

Still waiting for mine (and caravan pass) also says waiting to dispatch. Will probably give them a call tomorrow.

Got a couple of smashing likes from Darren Emerson and Dave Seaman advising them that there are at least some proper techno heads going to Latitude this year, and so they should bring the good A-game stuff to Sunrise on Friday night...

I am expecting a pretty stellar hour and a half that separates the dance men/women from the boys/girls!**

:)

Ben

**assuming TicketBastardTM deign to send any of us our feckin' tickets before the festival! :o

3 hours ago, jimbo68 said:

We ordered ours last year from Ticketmaster & are still waiting for tickets to arrive, i rang ticketmaster yesterday afternoon & was told they haven't even printed them yet & to ring back in a few days Hmm . 

They are creating a lot of extra work for themselves by such a late dispatch. I'm going to wait till tomorrow afternoon but if they haven't been dispatched by then will phone as it is getting a bit too close for comfort with only 3 more week days before the festival starts. 

I dont understand it. Whoever latitude use (See Tickets or Tickermaster). every year its the same. A seemingly 'mad rush' to get tickets out. Whats even MORE odd is that they physically exist! And, if you get them from some places (Southwold theatre & library, Norwich arts centre etc), you would have them in your hands RIGHT NOW!!! It makes NO sense! And latitude veterans will remember the fiasco of 2010, where some tickets only arrived 2 days before. I believe some had to collect them from the box office, due to a computing fault.

Ridiculous. 

I know it's no help this year, but the Latitude website lists a whole host of vendors, not just ticketMaster.  I bought mine from Eventim (they were giving more cashback than the others on Quidco) and they arrived within 3 days of ordering, which was the middle of June.  These are the ones listed on the Latitude site:-

2 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Gutted the line-up isn't for me this year as it's gunna be another year of gorgeous weather! 

Hope you all have a fantastic time. 

Is there a festival that has more consistent nice weather than Latitude? 

Which forecast are you checking as all the ones I've checked are predicting rain Thursday, Friday and Sunday of the festival

Getting slightly concerned about the ticket situation now. 3 days left tomorrow. Still no ticket dispatch, and a laughable email from Ticketmaster yesterday saying that my tickets have been printed "so should be on their way out to you soon. We want to give them as much time as possible to arrive, but if you still haven't received the tickets or a card from Royal Mail by 3 days before the event let us know and we'll help you track them down." No apology for the lateness of dispatch for tickets that were paid for in April.

Assuming they do send them out tomorrow and arrive on Tuesday it means I'm going to have to take extra holiday off work to go an collect them from the post office depot on Wednesday.

Ticketmaster seem to have no regard for the inconvenience they cause customers. They have 1 job and they can't even do that well.

OK moan over, I'm sure it will all pan out OK and we'll have a great time, but this late delivery leaves no room for anything going wrong and what annoys me most is that Ticketmaster's customer service is shocking. Before getting the email I spent 50 mins on the phone trying to get through to speak to someone.

Edited by rseamer