Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

2 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

I don't think this is the case. I think SOHN will play at the same time as Mumford and Sons with Jack Garratt starting after they have finished as he is mentioned here http://www.latitudefestival.com/news/latitude-night-owls.

Fair do's, but then that leaves BBC an 'act short' in terms of filling the day, on the Saturday...

Ben

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Fair do's, but then that leaves BBC an 'act short' in terms of filling the day, on the Saturday...

Ben

Maybe someone is having a longer set at some point in the day, but who knows?!

Prepare for them to drip feed the set times on the Monday before the festival. As I recall last year it was Obelisk Monday, BBC 6 Music Tuesday and so on... so yeah guess we wont know for sure until next week some time!

3 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Maybe someone is having a longer set at some point in the day, but who knows?!

Prepare for them to drip feed the set times on the Monday before the festival. As I recall last year it was Obelisk Monday, BBC 6 Music Tuesday and so on... so yeah guess we wont know for sure until next week some time!

They clearly have no idea regarding my unhealthily obsessive planning model...

:D

Ben

I think that there might be a few surprise sets this year as some parts of the line up seem pretty sparse still. I think Ben Howard is nailed on as he is there with A Blaze of Feather. Keep an eye out for those unusually large gaps in the schedule when they finally release it!

Just now, suttttttt said:

I think that there might be a few surprise sets this year as some parts of the line up seem pretty sparse still. I think Ben Howard is nailed on as he is there with A Blaze of Feather. Keep an eye out for those unusually large gaps in the schedule when they finally release it!

Will do - thanks, suttttttt

My first Latitude for a few years, and fourth overall. Looking forward to getting back to Henham.

Ben

BBC Monthly Outlook from this morning.

No more or less indicative/reliable than anywhere else, but we might as well begin the Great Weather DeliberationTM!

Monday 10 July—Sunday 16 July
A northwest - southeast split continues.

As we look further ahead it looks likely that we will keep a fairly unsettled picture with bands of rain crossing the UK, interspersed by drier and brighter conditions. The best of the sunshine is likely to be in the southeast, however even here the summer threat of thundery showers moving in from the near continent is always present. The northwest is likely to see the lion's share of the wet and windy weather, although there should be some sunnier weather too at times, especially later in the week.

:)

Ben

Hola, 

Couple of things

Latitude website states: "check out our lineup so far", I am sure they'll be one more announcement. They ignored all my tweets asking if Jack Garratt is headlining, which is seemingly an easy question for an active account to answer (if the answer is yes) 

Stage times came on the 11th last year which was the beginning of the Latitude week so i expect times to start showing up on the 10th. Most likely start with Main stage and Comedy. 

People asking for new bands to check out: Parcels, Idles, Mystery Jets, Dave (good alternative for Mumford), Beans on toast, Sylvan Esso, Superglu, Alex Vargas, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Lea Porcelain, Dan Croll, Loyle Carner, Sigrid, Twin Peaks, Maggie Rogers. 

Few of my favourite tracks: 

Sylvan Esso - Radio

Idles - Mother

Parcels - Overnight (Produced by Daft Punk)

Alex Vargas - Shackled Up

Twin Peaks - Making breakfast

Maggie Rogers - Alaska

Superglu - Dreams

Enjoy x

Surely HAIM would have to be "surprise guests" at Latitude , which I expect to materialise at the festival or once stage times are released. Because If Melvin booked HAIM for Latitude to headline 2nd stage and had them on the poster, that would have a detrimental affect on him booking them to headline the second stage at Leeds/ Reading. To gage the difference in headliner size 1975 headlined NME tent last year at RandL as did Two Door. 

Melvin has a history of booking special guests to play one year and then headline the next  (at RandL) maybe he is employing the same tactic this year at Latitude, and HAIM to headline Latitude 18. This would then allow Jack Garratt o play a later set as billed and Sohn could play before.

That tent would be rammed for HAIM l, but I would be there. Can't stand Mumford. 

I'm going to check out a lot more of Solas this year.  In the past I've just stuck my head in past 11 and it's pretty quiet - but some decent acts have caught my ear - Lowly, Broen and Leo Stannard.

If you're working, when you pick your shifts you realise how much good stuff can be missed when working - I'm potentially missing Goldfrapp, Twin Peaks and Goldfrapp going on the clashfinder.

16 hours ago, Hawky said:

That tent would be rammed for HAIM l, but I would be there. Can't stand Mumford. 

I cant stand either!!!

Luckily, this year the comedy tent's headliners will be on at the same time seemingly. So......happy days.

Just got this email from Ticketmaster ...

"Dispatch update – going out soon!

We’ve now started to print the tickets for this event, so you should receive them really soon. Don’t panic if your friends get theirs before you – this is a big event, so we’ll be sending them out in batches.

The latest you should receive your tickets is around 5 days before the event. If you still don’t have them by that point, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.

We hope you enjoy the festival!
"

On 7/2/2017 at 1:09 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Max Cooper - you might like him. A lot.
Forest Swords (pretty leftfield/experimental - I love him, but you might go 'wtf..?'!)

Yeah, these are my must see acts from a brief look at line up.

Do the stage times / details get published before the festival? If not is it just on the App / or do some kind folk, take a photo of the programme and post the image here?

1 hour ago, Hawky said:

Comedy headliners, ordinarily, perform at 6pm.

aye. Normally this is true. BUT.....at the bottom of this blurb....

http://www.latitudefestival.com/news/retrospect-katherine-ryan

.....it states that "Now, returning to Latitude for her sixth stint, Katherine will top the comedy bill on Sunday night as one of three comedy headliners alongside Dara Ó'Briain and Simon Amstell, a slot which is brand new for 2017". SO......I am making the assumption that they will be on at a 'proper' headliner time. :)

Edited by retromoz
grammer

1 hour ago, J Mansfield said:

Yeah, these are my must see acts from a brief look at line up.

Do the stage times / details get published before the festival? If not is it just on the App / or do some kind folk, take a photo of the programme and post the image here?

They usually post the times in the week leading up to the festival, a couple of stages per day. 

I'll possibly buy a paper program and if I do, I'll upload pics here.

If you do need to leave earlier than all the timings are released, there's usually people selling clashfinders for about a quid

Had a few problems with the app in the past, it got confused by times that were past midnight and that meant I missed Mike Skinner by getting the wrong day, but hopefully they've sorted that for this year

I'll be slightly annoyed if the comedy arena doesn't start till later in the day.

Enjoying comedy in the afternoons, was probably my favourite aspect of last year's festival. If the comedians start in line with the headliner, that'll mean the tent opens three hours later than normal! Why couldn't they book more comedians and just have the tent open all day too? Unless something else is happening in the tent through the day...

I'm going to have so many clashes now.

I will be happy If the comedy headliners are on at the same time as music headliners because they have increased capacity this year by 5000 without changing the arena layout, if there were nothing but the music stages on at night it would be feeling quite packed and uncomfortable....

51 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Anyone else still waiting on campervan tickets? Got my admission tickets weeks ago but still no sign of a campervan ticket, god forbid they put it in the same envelope:rolleyes:

We haven't received admission or caravan tickets yet! Should I be worried?

3 minutes ago, Funktownbro said:

I will be happy If the comedy headliners are on at the same time as music headliners because they have increased capacity this year by 5000 without changing the arena layout, if there were nothing but the music stages on at night it would be feeling quite packed and uncomfortable....

How do you know the layout hasn't been changed?  

Also, there's one thing increasing capacity but there's another selling tickets. The capacity is being increased to 39,999 (increase of 4,999) over the weekend so that accounts for all weekend/ Friday/ Saturday and Sunday tickets. The additional capacity will see on average about 1600  people extra a day and  you expect the majority of them to be at main stage, where there's always room. But the festival most likely will not sell out! Saturday won't even be at full capacity because there's weekend tickets still available. So I wouldn't worry about it being packed and uncomfortable. 

23 minutes ago, Hawky said:

How do you know the layout hasn't been changed?  

Also, there's one thing increasing capacity but there's another selling tickets. The capacity is being increased to 39,999 (increase of 4,999) over the weekend so that accounts for all weekend/ Friday/ Saturday and Sunday tickets. The additional capacity will see on average about 1600  people extra a day and  you expect the majority of them to be at main stage, where there's always room. But the festival most likely will not sell out! Saturday won't even be at full capacity because there's weekend tickets still available. So I wouldn't worry about it being packed and uncomfortable. 

The map is out on the website so that's how I know the layout hasn't changed, also it's the daily capacity that has increased to 39.999 so now the Saturday day tickets have sold out I would think that indication enough that the Saturday, at least, is going to be busy.. I think the Friday day tickets won't be far behind either..