Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear. Some good stuff in there, some baffling, some both (Placebo!?) but overall pretty damn weak. Getting three modern headliners with two of them being indie-folk is an odd move, although I'm a little gutted Fleet Foxes are an exclusive as was hoping to see them at Glastonbury. Poor first announcement but I'm sure it'll pad out to look pretty good along the way (although those headliners are a shame).

According to Mumford and Sons, they are headlining Longitude as well which is unsurprising. The only act that they have picked that really gets my attention is Dave, an upcoming British rapper. If you are going this year I would definitely check him out as he has a very bright future.

1 hour ago, Chawk said:

I don't understand why they don't just put it all on the poster.

Bit strange, isn't it. Maybe so in a couple of weeks when ticket sales plateau a tad, they can release the next version of the poster on social media? Not a poster v2.0 but more like a v1.1. Strange tho, they've left a lot of good names off the poster which would broaden appeal...

edit: Stage by stage breakdown, from the NME

OBELISK ARENA
THE 1975 | MUMFORD & SONS w/ BAABA MAAL | FLEET FOXES
GOLDFRAPP | THE HORRORS | GLASS ANIMALS | LUCY ROSE | TINARIWEN
THE JAPANESE HOUSE | JOHN CALE | THE DIVINE COMEDY | WARD THOMAS
GRANDADDY | BAABA MAAL | BALOJI | MAVIS STAPLES | THE VERY BEST

BBC MUSIC STAGE
PLACEBO (UK FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE)
FATBOY SLIM | RIDE | LOYLE CARNER | JACK GARRATT | SOHN
MAGGIE ROGERS | THE LEMON TWIGS | MOUNT KIMBIE | THE HEAD AND THE HEART TOM GRENNAN | HER | LISA HANNIGAN | DECLAN MCKENNA | SYLVAN ESSO
KAREN ELSON | JULIA JACKLIN | KALEO | THE RADIO DEPT. (UK FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE)
FORMATION | IBIBIO SOUND MACHINE | A BLAZE OF FEATHER

MUSIC & FILM ARENA
WILL YOUNG’S SUMMER JAZZ SESSIONS | IMELDA MAY |KURUPT FM
BENJAMIN ZEPHANIAH & THE REVOLUTIONARY MINDS
WHITE MINK | FESTIVAL VOICES

SUNRISE ARENA
BEAK> | KEVIN MORBY | DAVE
TEMPLES | SUNFLOWER BEAN | LUBOMYR MELNYK| MARGARET GLASPY
ESBEN AND THE WITCH | ALL WE ARE | PALACE | MAX COOPER | GOAT GIRL | KADHJA BONET | SIGRID | JOE GODDARD | ÁINE CAHILL | HONEYBLOOD | TWIN PEAKS | YORKSTON/THORNE/KHAN | SERAMIC

DIY PRESENTS THE ALCOVE STAGE
PIXX | BENJAMIN FRANCIS LEFTWICH
KING NUN | YOUNGR | LEA PORCELAIN | MOSA WILD | JOE FOX

LAKE STAGE
JORJA SMITH

WATERFRONT STAGE
BALLETBOYZ

SADLER’S WELLS present
MATTHEW BOURNE’S NEW ADVENTURES: COUNTRY
BBC YOUNG DANCER 2017 FINALISTS | SISTERS GRIMM: VOICES OF THE AMAZON
THE GET-DOWN feat BOY BLUE ENTERTAINMENT
NATIONAL YOUTH DANCE COMPANY: TARANTISEISMIC

FAR FROM THE NORM
THE CONCERTO FOR COMEDIAN & ORCHESTRA

OTHER STAGES
OPERA NORTH PROJECTS PRESENT UNDERWORLD
DISCO YOGA | DISCO SHED | HOT DUB TIME MACHINE | GUILTY PLEASURES | BUTTONED DOWN DISCO

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/latitude-2017-line-announced-1975-mumford-fleet-foxes-tickets-1998056#IqQBTqIJdvMfVPGK.99

Edited by Tuna

I think Fleet Foxes are a good booking, especially on an exclusive. Popular band(albeit not as popular as 1975 and Mumford) with huge critical acclaim doing their first shows for over 5 years. Line up overall is very disappointing though, was considering working there again to continue my one pattern of going every other year but almost definitely gonna give this a miss.

33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

bBit strange, isn't it. Maybe so in a couple of weeks when ticket sales plateau a tad, they can release the next version of the poster on social media? Not a poster v2.0 but more like a v1.1. Strange tho, they've left a lot of good names off the poster which would broaden appeal...

edit: Stage by stage breakdown, from the NME

Hide contents

OBELISK ARENA
THE 1975 | MUMFORD & SONS w/ BAABA MAAL | FLEET FOXES
GOLDFRAPP | THE HORRORS | GLASS ANIMALS | LUCY ROSE | TINARIWEN
THE JAPANESE HOUSE | JOHN CALE | THE DIVINE COMEDY | WARD THOMAS
GRANDADDY | BAABA MAAL | BALOJI | MAVIS STAPLES | THE VERY BEST

BBC MUSIC STAGE
PLACEBO (UK FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE)
FATBOY SLIM | RIDE | LOYLE CARNER | JACK GARRATT | SOHN
MAGGIE ROGERS | THE LEMON TWIGS | MOUNT KIMBIE | THE HEAD AND THE HEART TOM GRENNAN | HER | LISA HANNIGAN | DECLAN MCKENNA | SYLVAN ESSO
KAREN ELSON | JULIA JACKLIN | KALEO | THE RADIO DEPT. (UK FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE)
FORMATION | IBIBIO SOUND MACHINE | A BLAZE OF FEATHER

MUSIC & FILM ARENA
WILL YOUNG’S SUMMER JAZZ SESSIONS | IMELDA MAY |KURUPT FM
BENJAMIN ZEPHANIAH & THE REVOLUTIONARY MINDS
WHITE MINK | FESTIVAL VOICES

SUNRISE ARENA
BEAK> | KEVIN MORBY | DAVE
TEMPLES | SUNFLOWER BEAN | LUBOMYR MELNYK| MARGARET GLASPY
ESBEN AND THE WITCH | ALL WE ARE | PALACE | MAX COOPER | GOAT GIRL | KADHJA BONET | SIGRID | JOE GODDARD | ÁINE CAHILL | HONEYBLOOD | TWIN PEAKS | YORKSTON/THORNE/KHAN | SERAMIC

DIY PRESENTS THE ALCOVE STAGE
PIXX | BENJAMIN FRANCIS LEFTWICH
KING NUN | YOUNGR | LEA PORCELAIN | MOSA WILD | JOE FOX

LAKE STAGE
JORJA SMITH

WATERFRONT STAGE
BALLETBOYZ

SADLER’S WELLS present
MATTHEW BOURNE’S NEW ADVENTURES: COUNTRY
BBC YOUNG DANCER 2017 FINALISTS | SISTERS GRIMM: VOICES OF THE AMAZON
THE GET-DOWN feat BOY BLUE ENTERTAINMENT
NATIONAL YOUTH DANCE COMPANY: TARANTISEISMIC

FAR FROM THE NORM
THE CONCERTO FOR COMEDIAN & ORCHESTRA

OTHER STAGES
OPERA NORTH PROJECTS PRESENT UNDERWORLD
DISCO YOGA | DISCO SHED | HOT DUB TIME MACHINE | GUILTY PLEASURES | BUTTONED DOWN DISCO

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/latitude-2017-line-announced-1975-mumford-fleet-foxes-tickets-1998056#IqQBTqIJdvMfVPGK.99

this makes the line up even better, not sure why it isn't coordinated on the poster though.

there's already well over a dozen acts I'd see. Pleasantly surprised to find the radio dept, ride, the horrors and twin peaks.

Edited by hypothalamus

25 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Bit strange, isn't it. Maybe so in a couple of weeks when ticket sales plateau a tad, they can release the next version of the poster on social media? Not a poster v2.0 but more like a v1.1. Strange tho, they've left a lot of good names off the poster which would broaden appeal...

Yeah most of the acts have gone completely unnoticed. They ought to get on to that full poster right away as I think there's quite a divide between the marquee acts and the rest of the stuff..

14 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I'd say the lack of Bonobo and The Shins is very disappointing. If Bonobo doesn't support Fatboy Slim, I would be gutted as he was one of the few acts I truly believed was going to be there.

Shins just been added to GreenMan

2 minutes ago, CliffRichardsPissSack said:

What a WEIRD line up it has to be said.

Mumford headlining i find a bit strange, has their stock fallen that significantly since they last headlined Reading?

I don't think it's that their stock has fallen; it's just that they've done very festival they could have done and it's into their third (?) summer of touring this album.

Similar thing for Foals at Citadel.

8 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

I don't think it's that their stock has fallen; it's just that they've done very festival they could have done and it's into their third (?) summer of touring this album.

Similar thing for Foals at Citadel.

They haven't in fairness, they could've done V. I suspect they wouldn't be doing it without the GOTR tie-in. A band curating multiple main stages for a whole day of a major festival isn't something that's been done before I don't think, at least not in the UK

There is enough goodness for me and my friend to go to this.

As usual the headliners are arse but , Portishead are the only ones I have ever watched.

But there is enough else where for this to be worth it for me. Also, I have a lot of love for the setting.

Out of curiosity, is it just me or does Latitude have the weirdest roll out?