Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

Just now, mercury said:

http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/first_names_in_latitude_2017_line_up_set_to_be_announced_1_4910479

lowestoft journal mentions mumfords,1975 and the killers but seems to be basing this on social media rumours. surely not the killers with the bst exclusive.

edp mentions the same... They're BST exclusive and I've heard their contracts are an absolute bugger to get out of. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mercury said:

those 3 just don't look right for latitude either. looks way more vfestival. i accept it looks like we're getting 2 of them but i'm hoping for something slightly more credible as the third!

V Festival does seem to be eradicating guitar music from the top of their bill though... But I understand your point, and I agree- I'm hoping for the same.

I think you guys underestimate Fleet Foxes. Helplessness Blues was a big album and one of the best of 2011, with the new one coming out I don't think this slot is beyond them. They have over one million likes on Facebook, not that that's a great metric, but it shows they're hardly as obscure as people are making out..

4 minutes ago, mercury said:

i'm torn. first impression is that its awful but ride, grandaddy, the horrors, john cale and divine comedy all make me happy so its not horrendous...

disappointing though.

Yeah there are some delights among the 'also appearing' pile for sure but the stage headliners are slim pickings. It'll no doubt look a million times better next announcement.

Some cracking stuff in that "appearing across the festival" section at the bottom mind: Grandaddy, Ride, Maggie Rogers, Loyle Carner, Japanese House, Tinariwen etc....

Looks set to be my first Latitude with no main stage headliner, but that's no real bother.