Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, mercury said:

Primal Scream are one of my favourite live acts but I don't think they'd headline these days. Sub or 6music headliner I could see though and they have the Sunday free...

I wish I went to see them when Mani was in the band.

Let's say it is The 1975/Mumford/Stone Roses; these are three very big names who could/have headlined Glastonbury and would be coups for Latitude.

Do you think this is taking away the Latitude "spirit" of it being comparatively small and having acclaimed acts over more R+L based/more commercially targeted artists?

1 minute ago, harryy said:

I KNOW! Im driving myself crazy, hardest lineup to predict in my opinion. AND 7am is very early compared to most other lineups 

Its the increased capacity that has me wondering. 

I read somewhere that ticket sales haven't been that great in recent years- not close to selling out, and now they're increasing capacity 5,000? 

2 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Let's say it is The 1975/Mumford/Stone Roses; these are three very big names who could/have headlined Glastonbury and would be coups for Latitude.

Do you think this is taking away the Latitude "spirit" of it being comparatively small and having acclaimed acts over more R+L based/more commercially targeted artists?

It's definitely, definitely, definitely, definitely not going to be The Stone Roses. 

1 minute ago, finn_with_1_n said:

You raise a good point,

I went to my first latitude in 2015, the 10th bday, great lineup and it was honestly the best weekend of my life, the company and the atmosphere was insane. That continued last year only imo it had a weaker lineup, headliner wise. The spirit will always be there with the family emphasis and arts focus, but bigger headliners is great for business. I fear however that a capacity rise may draw the wrong sort of crowds but I'm not too worried about that. Keep capacities similars and themes and atmospheres the same and then you could have anyone play and it still be the Latitude we all love. 

3 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Its the increased capacity that has me wondering. 

I read somewhere that ticket sales haven't been that great in recent years- not close to selling out, and now they're increasing capacity 5,000? 

Bigger acts will definitely drive more sales. They must be very confident in their acts.

6 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I don't believe the spirit of latitude lays within the headliners, its the family friendly aspect and its the incredible selection of the arts (film/ literature/ talks/ comedy) that make Latitude, Latitude- but unfortunately that doesn't sell 35000 tickets, you need something else to pull in the punters that's where the headliners come in.

Just now, Hawky said:

I don't believe the spirit of latitude lays within the headliners, its the family friendly aspect and its the incredible selection of the arts (film/ literature/ talks/ comedy) that make Latitude, Latitude- but unfortunately that doesn't sell 35000 tickets, you need something else to pull in the punters that's where the headliners come in.

^^^ Yes this! Time to bring in Kanye, One Direction and Calvin Harris! 

(heavy sarcasm)

Just saw an article that has only just been published saying The 1975, Mumford and The Killers are the three most speculated acts set to headline this year. There's been very little speculation here about them so maybe they know its them and are warming up for the announcement? 

Also I know they're a BST UK festival exclusive but you know how reliable those have been!

Just now, harryy said:

^^^ Yes this! Time to bring in Kanye, One Direction and Calvin Harris! 

(heavy sarcasm)

The bookers obviously has a formula -_-

Up and coming act / relevant cool headliner that appeals to the demographic/ classic headliner. 

As long as they stick with that, I wouldn't have thought the size of the act would matter as long as its an actual headliner and within budget...