Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, FluxFestivals said:

What other acts are we thinking about for the 6 music line up? I can think of a few e.g. Sundara Karma, loyle Carner, Circa Waves, Cabbage? Anyone think Wolf Alice as a 6 music headliner?

We'll know at 7am tomorrow morning. 

On this thread there's been hundreds of suggestions, and let's be honest, barring the two headliners, we don't have any answers- anything could be on that bill tomorrow.

Wolf Alice have one date announced so far for 2017, its unlikely that that is there only date- so its possible. But are they too big for the tent now?

My only beef  is: they haven't provided an update on their new album since the end of 2016, surely if that was going to be out they would have more than one date announced. 

30 minutes ago, FluxFestivals said:

What other acts are we thinking about for the 6 music line up? I can think of a few e.g. Sundara Karma, loyle Carner, Circa Waves, Cabbage? Anyone think Wolf Alice as a 6 music headliner?

I reckon when Wolf Alice come back they are going to want to be main stage. Depending on how the next album does.

4 minutes ago, mercury said:

as i said earlier, mumfords have also had the likes of flaming lips and primal scream on the bill at their curated things before though so it might not be all bad.

I've said it many a time, optimism is a very bad thing when it comes to festival announcements, especially when it comes to a day which M&S have curated.

I reckon it'll be a selection of really obscure, irrelevant, folk bands.

6 hours ago, ives56 said:

Another picture from Facebook surly confirms them 

IMG_0103.JPG

am probably reading too much into this again but they signed off the tweet with "love" which is the name of LDRs new single..... which suggests a possibility of her co/sub headlining, especially if the lineup is their "biggest yet"

Edit: just clocked they sign off all their tweets with "love" so ...... probably not

Edited by tomzsz

1 minute ago, tomzsz said:

am probably reading too much into this again but they signed off the tweet with "love" which is the name of LDRs new single..... which suggests a possibility of her co/sub headlining, especially if the lineup is their "biggest yet"

The 1975 quite often finish their posts off with LOVE so I think it's probably nothing.

4 minutes ago, tomzsz said:

Edit: just clocked they sign off all their tweets with "love" so ...... probably not

Are you a detective? Haha :')

12 minutes ago, mercury said:

this time last year the embargoed lineup had been put out there and people were at least able to give opinions on it and how it would go down. be interesting to see if anyone has similar tonight.

how did it go down first impressions wise last year?

4 minutes ago, mercury said:

solid but unspectcular if i remember rightly. i seem to remember the majority of people liking the undercard but not the headliners whereas i in fact was the other way round for a change.

i liked the maccabees but compared to 2015 i thought it was weak

I altered the link from the first announcement from last year to 2017 in the hope it would reveal a hidden page... It didn't. 

http://www.latitudefestival.com/news/first-line-up-announcement-latitude-2017

Edit: Or there is ... 

http://www.latitudefestival.com/line-up

Edited by Hawky