Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

On 13/02/2017 at 5:06 PM, finn_with_1_n said:

Are we dead certain on the 1975 then? I know that they are doing 2 "special shows" in the UK, and are ending their tour mid-July, but why couldn't it be Lovebox? Lovebox has Frank Ocean, like Parklife which the 1975 are also headlining, and it is on the same weekend as Latitude. Also, given they played 2 nights at the O2, their London following isn't too bad

To fuel my anti-The 1975 conspiracy, Lovebox announce their second headliner a week on Tuesday. What else happens on that day? The 1975 are due to release a new single (reportedly).

I'll stop now!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, FluxFestivals said:

I could see White lies playing 3rd down on the main stage? And what about blossoms headlining radio 6? a lot of buzz around them but are they big enough?

I'd like to see White Lies there! Unsure about whether Blossoms would headline radio 6 off the back of one album? Sub maybe like Catfish in 2015.

11 hours ago, mercury said:

primal scream have just announced a couple of dates in italy the week of latitude which i'm hoping makes them even more likely. they'd be a perfect 6music headliner whilst the 1975 are on the mainstage.

Bit big for BBCR6, at least subs. Wouldn't really be an unjustified headliner.

48 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Bit big for BBCR6, at least subs. Wouldn't really be an unjustified headliner.

Primal Scream? They're down and out mate. Much bigger acts have headlined 6music in recent years. Sad to say but they'll probably be swinging into those Shiiine On and Gigantic Indie Weekenders soonish.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Primal Scream? They're down and out mate. Much bigger acts have headlined 6music in recent years. Sad to say but they'll probably be swinging into those Shiiine On and Gigantic Indie Weekenders soonish.

Really doe? I'm not a fan, but I thought they were big potatoes.

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Really doe? I'm not a fan, but I thought they were big potatoes.

Well I'm exaggerating with the last bit, now I look at it. But they seem to be falling thru festival line ups again and are undercard acts at festivals smaller and not as well-off as Latitude so I don't think they would be out of place headlining 6music if Lats bothers booking them.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well I'm exaggerating with the last bit, now I look at it. But they seem to be falling thru festival line ups again and are undercard acts at festivals smaller and not as well-off as Latitude so I don't think they would be out of place headlining 6music if Lats bothers booking them.

I had Little Dragon down at 6music headliner.

My predictions (as of a couple of weeks ago, before bestival announced) were:

Fri

Obelisk: 1975, Pixies, St Vincent

6Music: Jesus and Mary Chain, Crystal Castles

Sat

Obelisk: Flaming Lips, Fleet Foxes, Laura Marling

6Music: Metronomy, Angel Olsen

Sun

Obelisk: XX, Shins, Sampha

6Music: Interpol, Blossoms

It's got a fair bit of wishful thinking in it, without being too unrealistic. 

3 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I wasn't aware St Vincent was touring but if she played I would be thrilled.

I could see London Grammar playing before The 1975 to satisfy those waiting to see them

I was just thinking that her albums due and if she does tour (fingers crossed) that might be her level