Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, pryce said:

are the XX less likely now due to Bestival?

There's a gap in their Europe dates that spans from 06/07 to 10/08.  I have no idea on how American festivals work, but looking at Boston Calling there's the XX aren't listed as "US exclusive" or anything like that...  So The XX could very well be going back to America around latitude. To play Pitchfork Music Festival, perhaps? 

They're not exclusive at Bestival so we'll see! (Although they're likely for Glastonbury) Guess we'll have to wait until 01/03 but Latitude and Bestival have never shared a headliner., as far as i can see- but i suppose there's a first time for everything. 

1 hour ago, mercury said:

i'd say bestival makes the xx less likely but not completely out of the question as they weren't listed as an exclusive.

at the moment though my headliner prediction is the 1975, lana del rey and fleet foxes which doesn't fill me with excitement at all. 

Well I hope you're wrong, that's about as shitty a bunch of headliners as I think they could book!

3 hours ago, pryce said:

are the XX less likely now due to Bestival?

Latitude don't usually share headliners. 

That being said, The 1975 are shared with Parklife, and afaik Bestival aren't bragging about The XX being exclusive as a headliner or that it's their debut festival headline performance. All bets are off imo

Are we dead certain on the 1975 then? I know that they are doing 2 "special shows" in the UK, and are ending their tour mid-July, but why couldn't it be Lovebox? Lovebox has Frank Ocean, like Parklife which the 1975 are also headlining, and it is on the same weekend as Latitude. Also, given they played 2 nights at the O2, their London following isn't too bad

1 hour ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Are we dead certain on the 1975 then? I know that they are doing 2 "special shows" in the UK, and are ending their tour mid-July, but why couldn't it be Lovebox? Lovebox has Frank Ocean, like Parklife which the 1975 are also headlining, and it is on the same weekend as Latitude. Also, given they played 2 nights at the O2, their London following isn't too bad

eFests are as certain as they can be, as they've labelled them a 'TBC' on the line up page which is reserved for practically-sure things. So I would expect them personally, Finn. Or is it Fin? :P

My prediction is XX to play Longitude if it's happening this year. They didn't do any Ireland dates on their tour so I'm expecting an exclusive. 

Whether that would include a latitude slot as well I don't know

Edited by evannn
Also I don't think fleet foxes are big enough to headline

1 hour ago, Tommyyyy said:

Mgmt as a possibility rumoured to be releasing new stuff soonish ? or beach house to headline a night in the radio 6 arena thoughts ? 

Hopefully. No EU tour dates yet though, and they're in America on the 28th of July. Maybe they're not over here until late summer, Leeds Fest maybe?

28 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

One year it'll be right :P 

Isn't latitude festival a bit to big for Bjork to headline nowadays? Last festival headline was wilderness festival, which is about a third of the size of latitude.

Edited by thetime

10 hours ago, thetime said:

Isn't latitude festival a bit to big for Bjork to headline nowadays? Last festival headline was wilderness festival, which is about a third of the size of latitude.

Personally, it all depends on the show she puts together.

The last album and show lended itself to smaller venues. I saw her at Carnegie Hall, Manchester and Royal Albert Hall and the show just wouldn't suit a huge festival.

If the new album is more upbeat (which apparently it will be) then it could suit her to play Latitiude as a headliner .I also think she would be a good draw for a crowd like Latitude.

Also I am biased.

Give me Bjork, Massive Attack / Younger Fathers , 1975

ALSO BRING THE OTHER VOICES STAGE BACK c**tS

31 minutes ago, mercury said:

bjork would be about the best headliner latitude could get in my opinion.

Absolutely.

It also means the possibility of a Arca side show.

I am interested to see what she does. She has other festivals booked. If its just the straight set with the orchastra then I am not too keen on that at Latitude 

16 hours ago, Tommyyyy said:

Mgmt as a possibility rumoured to be releasing new stuff soonish ? or beach house to headline a night in the radio 6 arena thoughts ? 

Dunno if Beach House would be back to headline 6music tent again - they did it in... shit, what year? 2014? Local Natives -> Grizzly Bear -> Beach House was the end to my festival I think.