Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, tomzsz said:

does no one else think Frank Ocean is a viable candidate for Saturday or Sunday baring in mind he's playing Lovebox on the Friday? he's definitely preferable over the 1975 for the more chart friendly act

General consensus is that he's only down for 2 uk festivals (Lovebox and Parklife), it was apparently on a press release or something. Would love it if he's there but doubt it 

On 2/2/2017 at 10:08 AM, Brownie30 said:

Fri: The 1975, Christine and the Queens

Sat: Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes

Sun: Pixies, Catfish and the Bottlenobs

No inside info, just what I've got a hunch on. Pixies headlining Blue Dot on 7th-9th July, 1975 supposedly nailed on (Neil said it) and who knows about Bon Iver, but after they cancelled their tour I want them there.

I love the sound of that (not quite so much Catfish) although Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes have quite a history of disliking each other so that could prove unfruitful

1975 will end up headlining, I just hope there's a good alternative on the 6music. Someone like... Bonobo/ Crystal Castles? (Or Jamie xx if he's doing shows on his own) 

Where would Richard Ashcroft fit in? It's difficult to scope where he'd fit by looking at his tour dates, he's playing academy's / Fd arena and Castlefield Bowl In one tour. Would he be a really strong sub? 

Anyway, I think the three headliners we are looking at at this point are: The XX/ 1975 and Sigur Ros. But It all depends on how strict they are with the recycling headliners rule. Weren't The National the first time they've ever recycled a headliner? Nick Cave would be my preferred recycled headliner though.

Away from headliners, a few acts I cam see showing up are: Wolf Alice/ Sampha/ Spiritualized/ /Bell and Sebastian /Ryan Adams.

Edit: back to possible Headliners, what about Placebo on their 20 years tour? They're in Italy on the 16, but don't see why they couldn't perform at Latitude on the Saturday. 

Edited by Hawky

1 hour ago, Hawky said:

I didn't check dates, just looked at who was around. 

Where would Lorde fit? Would she sub? I'd love to see her. 

I'd say Lorde is big enough to headline but with The 1975 seemingly nailed on and good chance of The XX, it's likely they wouldn't book another modern pop headliner

1 hour ago, evannn said:

Away from music briefly; does anyone know how to go about showing a film at latitude? Either in the film & music or one of the smaller woodland screens.

One of my friends has made one and is looking to show it at festivals 

I follow a Latitude booker on Twitter:

Tania_Latitude 

I think she's the arts curator. Ask her? :)

I would be interested to know what your opinion is on Latitude repeatedly insisting on leaving their announcement till March, to be one of the very last lineups? (Aside from Glasto of course) @eFestivals

It seems to me that, particularly after last year when attendance was very clear to be down for all of us there and also with FR having applied for an extension to the capacity this time, to make very little sense leaving the lineup announcement so late, especially when SO many festivals that are likely to be in direct competition with Latitude are being revealed this week. Surely it would make simple commercial sense to at the very least reveal one headliner early?  

5 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

I would be interested to know what your opinion is on Latitude repeatedly insisting on leaving their announcement till March, to be one of the very last lineups? (Aside from Glasto of course) @eFestivals

It seems to me that, particularly after last year when attendance was very clear to be down for all of us there and also with FR having applied for an extension to the capacity this time, to make very little sense leaving the lineup announcement so late, especially when SO many festivals that are likely to be in direct competition with Latitude are being revealed this week. Surely it would make simple commercial sense to at the very least reveal one headliner early?  

I guess there's no 'right' way to announce. 

It's become customary for announcements to get earlier in the last decade or so (prior to that announcements before xmas were very rare), but it might be the case that it's possible to do that with music (because everyone's getting earlier) but more difficult for the greater variety of stuff that Latitude has.

I know the non-music stuff was of big importance to Melvin and co when Latitude started, so perhaps they want to keep it that way, and they make sure the non-music stuff gets as much press by including the music stuff around it.

And just because hard-core festie-heads notice all announcements all the time, it's not like that with everyone. I know from the traffic this website gets that most people don't start to think about festivals until after xmas, and a person's attention can be caught by an announcement at any time ... so from that, if probably makes an amount of commercial sense to make a big announcement when most other fests have started making their smaller announcements.

There's no one with the experience of Melvin, so I'm sure if it was hurting them badly he'd look to change it.

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So with Bestival being announced and it being LCD Soundsystem-less is it a good bet that they'll be one of the headliners for this?

LCD Soundsystem, Bon Iver or Pixies, The 1975 is what I'm going for

Can't see it being LCD, that's the weekend they're playing a festival in America.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Can't see it being LCD, that's the weekend they're playing a festival in America.

Ah didn't know that - bizarre that they're seemingly not playing any festivals over here for their new album. Must just be their own dates at some point then.

Pixies, Bon Iver, The 1975 it is

sleaford mods announced for beat herder on the same weekend as latitude as a northern festival exclusive. hopefully this means they're doing latitude too.

one of my favourite acts in recent years and would smash it in the 6music tent (though i'd love to see them on the mainstage upsetting the families with picnic blankets.