Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Sigur Ros is an older name at this point, tho I was thinking it'll be the other three so I dunno.

I just knocked this brief thing together from the names that are about:

THE 1975, Phoenix, Bonobo, Real Estate
6m: Royksopp, Circa Waves, Spoon

BON IVER, London Grammar, Wilco, Foster the People
6m: Wolf Alice, Dinosaur Jr.

LANA DEL REY, Fleet Foxes, Local Natives, Warpaint
6m: Ryan Adams, Glass Animals, The Kills

Bon Iver v Wolf Alice is a horrid clash, swap Ryan Adams to the Saturday and I'll book my ticket right now  

Edited by Zac Quinn

24 minutes ago, Chawk said:

If The 1975, Lana Del Rey and Bon Iver all headline in same year it's going to be ironic bum bag galore. Or is that over now?

The 1975's fans are likely still on the ironically dressing like peado from the 80s thing, whilst the LDR fans are on the cultrural-appropriation/basic chic, Bon Iver fans' authentic tears run down their authentic beards into their authentic craft ale ("artisan" is increasingly cropping up as another buzzword for the authentic crowd).

I have my fingers crossed for King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard cropping up somewhere on the line up, probably the 6 Music Stage.

Dreading the thought that The 1975 could headline.

I also saw that Elbow are playing a festival in Italy on the 15th of July next year which could put them in the running.

44 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Would there ever be a hip hop headliner at Latitude?

Longitude had Kendrick so I was thinking maybe (even hopefully) A Tribe Called Quest.

Would give us an old school headliner; at least older than Lana, Bon Iver, the 1975 or Sigur Ros 

Longitude does have a lot more hip hop and EDM type stuff in general for whatever reason - probably relative to the festivals or best grossing live acts in Ireland or something. There's barely a hip hop act on the whole Latitude line up on any given year and even then it's something like Young Fathers or Kate Tempest. Maybe Latitude will start to branch out that way at some point but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything immediate.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Longitude does have a lot more hip hop and EDM type stuff in general for whatever reason - probably relative to the festivals or best grossing live acts in Ireland or something. There's barely a hip hop act on the whole Latitude line up on any given year and even then it's something like Young Fathers or Kate Tempest. Maybe Latitude will start to branch out that way at some point but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything immediate.

Yeah I guess you're right. They'll probably end up playing at Wireless, as well as Glastonbury... Can't think of any other festivals that they would/could play.

For some reason, I feel that they would go down better at Latitude than Wireless.

Booked tickets today for me, the wife and two kiddies, third year in a row, will be my last for a while though as I think theres only so many times you can go with kids without it getting too repetitive for them. Will try another family festival in 2018.

That being said I cant wait, as me and the wife already have Glasto tickets secured its got the makings of a great summer, apart from the thought of The 1975 headlining, they can fuck off.

I also think Wolf Alice will play the main stage if they play. Hope they don't succumb to the difficult second album as I think they could be something special, the first album is one of my favourites of the last few years and they certainly know how to build their  sound live for such a young band. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dirty_dog said:

they didn't sell all the tickets last year did they?

A promoter friend (any excuse to mention I have a promoter friend don'tyouknow) told m they've been struggling ticket-sales wise for years, so it does seem weird. One thing I did notice this year was that they'd doubled down on the glamping options, which was eating into the main camping area. Maybe the posh camping sold out and they want to increase the capacity for it, but they also want to keep their options open in the main camping in case that sells more? Not sure, but I do think the recent increase in focus on the whole instagrammable posh kids holiday camp aspect is a bad thing, it's what killed my interest in going again to the next one, but maybe it's a success for them.

would love to see Robert plant headline one night, can never understand why latitude don't have more rock blues at there shows as half of its punters must be 40 -60 years old . have been to all but one year 2011 was ill if as said this year we may get 40,000 punters it will need to make arena bigger ,must say loved it more in 06-07 only 10,000 first one ,but as lots of moden festivals they get to big you only have to look at Glasto .

14 hours ago, flegg said:

would love to see Robert plant headline one night, can never understand why latitude don't have more rock blues at there shows as half of its punters must be 40 -60 years old . have been to all but one year 2011 was ill if as said this year we may get 40,000 punters it will need to make arena bigger ,must say loved it more in 06-07 only 10,000 first one ,but as lots of moden festivals they get to big you only have to look at Glasto .

totally agree a stage with rock blues would be fantastic , but in the interests of being fair perhaps a stage which featured a different genre each day rock blues one day , country/americana another etc

also what do people think of the secret garden party policy on bringing in booze to the camp site i ask because last year you could pre pay for cases of drink and collect on arrival and the policy which i was not aware of until i arrived of that you could bring in booze when got your wrist band but if you went back to you car to get more bags etc you couldnt enter with booze 

25 minutes ago, who-am-i said:

totally agree a stage with rock blues would be fantastic , but in the interests of being fair perhaps a stage which featured a different genre each day rock blues one day , country/americana another etc

also what do people think of the secret garden party policy on bringing in booze to the camp site i ask because last year you could pre pay for cases of drink and collect on arrival and the policy which i was not aware of until i arrived of that you could bring in booze when got your wrist band but if you went back to you car to get more bags etc you couldnt enter with booze 

Ohh that's why ! (Sound of penny dropping 5 months late) I wondered why security were so over zealous when I did a return trip! Seriously though was the inspection of my pocket sized toiletry bag really necessary? This no alcohol rule will be a real deal breaker for a lot of people - more around the principle than anything else. I'm lucky enough to live quite close to several small festivals that are starting to put on some fairly decent names and that don't take a high-handed approach to punters bringing in their own booze. Latitude is great but it's gong to have to offer something completly different if it's going to keep on pulling in the punters. Them tickets ain't cheap! 

NME had an article discussing the coachella lineup; reckoned the xx are headlining some bigger UK festivals with their suggestion being Latitude. 

I know that NME has no idea ( I don't think they even do interviews anymore, or any proper research) but it's another opinion that added to what most of us think. 

4 hours ago, who-am-i said:

3 hours ago, glastobuds said:

Ohh that's why ! (Sound of penny dropping 5 months late) I wondered why security were so over zealous when I did a return trip! Seriously though was the inspection of my pocket sized toiletry bag really necessary? This no alcohol rule will be a real deal breaker for a lot of people - more around the principle than anything else. I'm lucky enough to live quite close to several small festivals that are starting to put on some fairly decent names and that don't take a high-handed approach to punters bringing in their own booze. Latitude is great but it's gong to have to offer something completly different if it's going to keep on pulling in the punters. Them tickets ain't cheap! 

It's really odd regarding taking alcohol into the camping site, I think you must of got an over the top jobsworth on your gate or they were in a bad mood at the time, there were just 2 of us entering together last year and after we had taken all the camping stuff in, one of us stayed and started setting up and the other went to collect our booze, he had no problem passing the gate staff with, 3 cases of 18 cans of larger and a 24 tray of ghost ship ( we're not alcoholics honest ) the rules clearly state you're allowed personal alcohol in the campsite but not the arena, like I said, sounds like bad luck rather than rules to me......