TITP 2017 first time help

charlotte.r

Hello!

I'm planning a trip to Scotland and thought I'd also use this as my first music festival experience.  I've heard T in the Park is an amazing experience. 

Since I'll be coming from the US, does anyone have any tips, tricks, or info on what I can expect?

I plan on going with a friend and camping through the festival.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Part of me really wants to say, don't do it. It's not the festival it used to be. It's been plagued with problems since it moved to Strathallan two years ago. The clientele are getting younger and full of folk looking for trouble after one drink. I'd worry it would give you a false impression of Scotland.

There are loads of UK festivals on during the Summer in the UK that would give you a better experience in my own opinion.

If you don't think I should go then I'll trust your judgement.  My dates are pretty open, as long as it's summer.  Any thoughts? I've always wanted to see the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo so I've thought about changing my travel dates to August.  That would line up with the Fringe Festival...

Although I've been to TITP 12 times and will probably be back next year I have to agree with what Tartan Glasto said. Scottish crowds are second to none in terms of enthusiasm but there are much better festivals out there. I haven't been but I've heard great things about Kendal Calling and I'm going to try it out for the first time next year. It's the last weekend in July and only 90 minutes on the train from Edinburgh. So you could hit that up then head back to Edinburgh for the Fringe and see the tattoo. Can't recommend the fringe enough, Edinburgh is fantastic when it's on

• 4 weeks later...

It's a real shame TITP has managed to build up such a poor reputation, it used to be a brilliant weekend. There's definitely better festivals out there but you'd still have a great time and the line up is usually pretty strong. You have plenty of time to make a decison anyway, no chance tickets will sell out.

I appreciate you all giving me advice.  I really wanted to go but I think I'll pass.  The friend I was supposed to travel with has backed out so I'm planning a solo trip instead.  The Fringe Festival sounds pretty interesting as well.  I think I may switch my days to August.

• 4 weeks later...