Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

Sziget is already over, but we already know that Sziget 2017 will be between 9 and 16 August.

13939515_10155289459063975_1395854901658

This will be the 25th edition of the festival and this is the official Facebook event. I hope they'll do somehing special! :) Who would you like to see next year?

Edited by #1SzigetFan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bloody Wednesday to Wednesday lark is annoying. I'm sure they will get some special acts in for the 25th anniversary, would love to see Foo fighters there! I just hope they have someone decent on the end show, this year we all stood there wishing it was Chemical Brothers and not Hardwell (who was a terrible as Garix the year before)

14102597_10155318593318975_7790140956363

Well, it seems that the first tickets for #Sziget25 will be available on the 25th of September.

I was a Szitizen Prime this edition and I got some cool stuff as a present for Christmas (t-shirt, poster, bracelet etc.) and also the chance to choose between: one-time entry to the VIP Area, priority entry to one of the stages or to get the special party stuff earlier than the others.

Of course, the other advantage is that the tickets will have special prices, because they're early bird tickets. A disadvantage is that you don't know the line-up yet.

I'm wondering what kind of special stuff can we get if we'll buy the tickets in the first 25 hours for the next edition.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

On 8/25/2016 at 1:23 PM, doobie ninja said:

This bloody Wednesday to Wednesday lark is annoying. I'm sure they will get some special acts in for the 25th anniversary, would love to see Foo fighters there! I just hope they have someone decent on the end show, this year we all stood there wishing it was Chemical Brothers and not Hardwell (who was a terrible as Garix the year before)

Yeah but Hardwell had flames and fireworks! <_<

I think the 'end party' is here to stay I'm afraid. They really need to have a more balanced set of headliners. Two 'DJ's' (Calling Guetta that is pushing it), two female pop singers, one of whom didn't have enough material to fill an hour from what I understand, it's far far too skewed. Only one 'rock' act as a headliner isn't really fair. 

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 7:55 AM, Uncle Liam said:

Yeah but Hardwell had flames and fireworks! <_<

I think the 'end party' is here to stay I'm afraid. They really need to have a more balanced set of headliners. Two 'DJ's' (Calling Guetta that is pushing it), two female pop singers, one of whom didn't have enough material to fill an hour from what I understand, it's far far too skewed. Only one 'rock' act as a headliner isn't really fair. 

yes to be fair, the fireworks and fire were awesome, just a shame about that noise Hardwell was pumping out. And Guetta.....what rubbish was that!?

David Guetta was awful but seemed incredibly popular. People were literally running into the field! I feel that he was allowed more volume than anyone else, because it was loud enough for the tunes to sound good on the surrounding paths and draw people in. On the other hand, I was next to the sound stage for The Chemical Brothers and had to move forward because the sound didn't feel immersive enough from there. I am sure he was allowed to be louder to cover for the fact that there is no substance to what he does!

I cannot understand his appeal, he doesn't even mix or build the tempo particularly well - he just plays random chart stuff, some of which is quite good to wave your arms in the air to. This is OK, but I can't see how it is an international crowd pulling talent, and I object to it on that basis.

Oh - the VIP thing - we decided to hold onto our golden ticket in case we couldn't get into the A38 for Jess Glynne, but as it turned out it was easy.

we ended up using it right at the end of the last night, to go into the VIP area to use some decent loos and not have to queue for too long to get our remaining festipay cash back!

my husband's t-shirt was fine, but I got the 'large ' women's and it looked like it was made for a 12 year old! I am 5'10" tall and a slimmish (not skinny) build, but it came nowhere near fitting me! This combined with the glossy videos of gorgeous young girls in tiny shorts shaking their hair out in slow motion made me very afraid before I went! I thought I would get to the gate and be turned away as a bloater!

Edited by amfy
To add some other thoughts

The reason he's popular is the same reason why people are quite happy to go down the front of a gig and talk all the way through it until they hear the one song they want to hear. 

It's the streaming generation. There is no fiscal value placed on music anymore. You pay a tenner a month and you get access to pretty much every song released by anyone of name value ever. Therefore, people don't have albums, they have playlists. So they go along, watch a band to hear one song, talk their way through the rest of it, and move on with their day. Guetta plays the songs that people want to hear. No different from the radio really. But it's the songs people know, and they will go away and think "OH MY GOD HE PLAYED this and that and that song by such and such and a song by whoever etc etc etc" totally unaware that's it's nothing more than a big scam.

You know, if you had told me years ago when i first started going to Sziget that two of the mainstage headliners would be DJ's i would've just laughed. If you'd have told me that a has been, never was that good in the first place, never made a record on his own in his life shit DJ who can't mix live was going to headline TWICE I would've told you it was ridiculous. I would've told you maybe at Tomorrowland where it's not live, but not Sziget. So he's managed to con a load of people into thinking that he's talented in some way? I don't see what the big deal is, and surely the festival organisers should know better? But when you got people who are so delusional what can can you do?

I walked at the back of the field and was bitching and complaining and some girl says to me "Yeah it's shit but just enjoy it"

Not when I paid 250Euro for it!

11 hours ago, foolee said:

Looking to do a tour Europe and travel from festival to festival next summer with a couple of days to chill each side of festivals. Is Budapest cheap and should this be on the must do list? Any other info for a newbe? 

It'd fit right into that kind of itinerary. Budapest is a fantastic beautiful city, & there is plenty of cheap accommodation within striking distance of the festival. Transport is easy because you just get a city pass and it sits on your wrist alongside your festival wristband and takes you anywhere, including one free trip to a lido/spa. Travelling in by boat is the best. If you can get accommodation on the Buda side alongside Margaritsziget, you will have a good balance of city and festival.

The the climate is good, even if it rains a bit, it dries up quick. The festival itself just has loads to see and do. Many are complaining that it was crowded compared to previous years, but we always found space to chill when we wanted to, and you can get close to the main stage easily. Just as with Glastonbury, I strongly recommend spending significant time away from the main stages.

Drinks are cheap - only around £2 a pint and £4/5 cocktails - there is also a better variety of alcohol than you will find at most festivals. You are not allowed to take your own alcohol in, but I didn't find the searches harsh and would have got some in if I wanted. In the end I didn't bother because the alcohol was reasonably priced and I rarely had to wait long to be served. They have a card system for payment which works well when nearly everyone there is working in a foreign currency.

its a truly international crowd, every new person you meet is from a different place. 

I loved it and have already reserved accommodation for next year!

The official ticket prices were announced today:

How much are the tickets in the first 25 hours and after?

You can get your 7-day or 5-day pass for a discounted price in the first 25 hours of ticket sales.
7-day passes are 250€ in the first 25 hours of ticket sales, while after 6 PM (CET), 26 September they will cost 275€ until 31st December.
5-day passes are 225€ in the first 25 hours of ticket sales, while after 6 PM (CET), 26 September they will cost 250€ until 31st December

Daily tickets will also go on sale with the price of 65 euros, but only from the 26th of September. Details here and here.

On 25.08.2016 at 7:26 PM, #1SzigetFan said:

I was a Szitizen Prime this edition and I got some cool stuff as a present for Christmas (t-shirt, poster, bracelet etc.) and also the chance to choose between: one-time entry to the VIP Area, priority entry to one of the stages or to get the special party stuff earlier than the others.

Of course, the other advantage is that the tickets will have special prices, because they're early bird tickets. A disadvantage is that you don't know the line-up yet.

This is what we got this year, as mentioned before. Further details about next year's Szitizen Prime package will be available next week, according to the Sziget website. All we know is that the tickets will have the lowest price only for the first 25 hours, but this year it wasn't like that, as the prices remained the same until December

Edited by #1SzigetFan

• 3 weeks later...

So, there are less than 6 hours to go until we can buy the first tickets for the 25th edition of Sziget. They also updated their website with the special stuff we get (Szitizen Prime t-shirt, Szitizen Prime socks, Sziget patch, Sziget stickers and Sziget pin) and prizes that we can win (with the VIP Szitizen Prime Package: Concert from the highest point of Sziget, Backstage tour, Backstage dinner, Citypass or Sziget watch) by buying in the first 25 hours.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Anyway they -again, like the years before, it seems to be in constant progression- are selling faster than ever before -it won't be sold out before long though. With the ticket being more expensive, it means that they have a bigger budget earlier! What are your wishes/predictions for headliners?

Big pop headliner> I want Coldplay. They are both good and mainstream, and are professional (unlike Rihanna this year).
Other big headliners> Radiohead. They will sell out their day, and they are great!

Other possible headliners, not very expensive> Gorillaz, The XX (if they come with new material, looks likely for both)

Biggest wish> Arcade Fire.

If they get 1 of these I'll be happy :)